Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens Trade Announced today

+22
goalie gal
gmc 118
mygens
GeneralTwit
Gens Fan 108
JJ00
im4the1320
archer_gens
steamed
Oshawa fan
jaycro
generalsfan
Gens Camper
Kevy
ohagan
ogf
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
KHE
gogeneralsgo
opinionated
JPH
generalsfan4life
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gens Trade Announced today - Page 2 Empty Re: Gens Trade Announced today

Post by Gens Fan 108 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Zador's pads look black on the ice but if you look at the pictures on Ian Goodall's website the pads are a very dark navy. Very Happy

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 pm

We must all remember adding a goalie for very little is a good move plus there is still 4 weeks until a decision on who stays and who goes.

With injuries not only on our team but others anything can happen an experienced veteran goalie can only help with Baille for the futiure as HE is our future for the next 2 yrs.

My feelings are nothing will happen until after the evalations of our new goalie is done with about 10 - 12 games until the trade deadline why panic

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Now here is a thought to were Zador or Baille may go (I think it's Zador) and it would be Saginaw as if all the rumours floating around are true that Prout, Carnevelle.to Saginaw for some players and draft picks and one of those players is goalie T.Galansky.they don't really have a back up as J.Paterson only played two games,so Zador would be a great pick up for the Spirit.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Let's hope this happens as few teams are in need of a back up - Barrie wanted to go younger in net that's why there was no swap of goalies as they only have 1 goalie.

With the addition of a veteran goalie - who is playing for a contract and has something to prove this could put us in the running for 2,3 or 4 seed and home ice advantage in the 1st round

We will keep Baille who is 1 yr younger than Zador who if he can't do it at 19 not sure he is back as an OA - Baille is just coming into his own right now - I do not want to see Baille go

As next yr we would need 2 goalies for a contending team - Good Luck

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Brown won't be going to Mississauga. They just picked up Jamie Wise who is a Brown type player and a year younger. I would not think he wants another of the same.

Belleville makes sense.. Sort of a Tyler Taylor move like last season, however they have Mascioli as well so who the heck knows where he goes.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Jamie Wise is not as good as Jeff Brown and was a surprise project for Dave Camaron. You may forget he was sent home from the Petes camp last yr for behavior issues and again this year ,it was he who started the brawl on our opening night.

Unless the Majors add an OA like Archibald from Barrie - Brown could or Dehart would add depth at a cheaper price.

Berger is an OA plus an import plus promises were more than likely made in order for him to return

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 am

Wise had problems in Peterborough. Cameron went and got him from Newmarket Jr.A so don't expect him to be leaving.

Brown may be valuable to our Gens however I do not think his value is regarded that high anywhere else.

Berger - for him to come back here. I agree a deal was made. He is not going anywhere. Dehart - I cannot see him leaving. We need defense and Quinn is not the answer basde on his play so far.

The Gens need a Playoff run this season .. 2 rounds minimum as they are cash starved. This is common knowledge.

So don't expect us to move anyone who will hinder our playoff run.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 am

gogeneralsgo wrote:Wise had problems in Peterborough. Cameron went and got him from Newmarket Jr.A so don't expect him to be leaving.

Brown may be valuable to our Gens however I do not think his value is regarded that high anywhere else.

Berger - for him to come back here. I agree a deal was made. He is not going anywhere. Dehart - I cannot see him leaving. We need defense and Quinn is not the answer basde on his play so far.

The Gens need a Playoff run this season .. 2 rounds minimum as they are cash starved. This is common knowledge.

So don't expect us to move anyone who will hinder our playoff run.

gogeneralsgo ... one of Brown, Berger or DeHart will definately be moving out. First off, the Gens would not make a trade for an OA goalie and then get rid of him. Secondly, Dips has already stated that he is active in trying to find a home for one of the OAs. He has until January 10th to get down to three OAs on the roster.

I like all these guys, so it will be hard to say goodbye to one of them.

Go Gens Go

Cheers!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralTwit Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

We can debate for weeks, but the truth is this. Michael Zador has played nothing short of embarrassing this season. He is no longer welcome on this Generals roster. Nobody else noted that he was suddenly scratched on Sunday night with a mystery ailment, then Dips trades for a new goalie?

Coach and goaltender are no longer on the same page, and I do not expect to see Zador dress for the Generals ever again. This is why his "mystery ailment" kept him from being on the bench on Wednesday night as well. Moving forward, DiSalvo will become the team's starter, and he will mentor Kevin Bailie.

As far as which OA has to go, there's lots of time between now and January 10th. Dips will move whoever it takes to bring back the most return. The team is not resting on any of their OA's, none of them are irreplacable, and therefore, I'm not expecting any sudden move. Dehart will be counted on heavily over the XMas break, with DeHaan and possibly Suellentrop being out of the lineup for an extended period.

Most likely, this will give Dehart the ice time needed to be showcased, and my personal belief is that once players return from their national teams, Dehart is a very useful spare part who will most likely be moved out.

GeneralTwit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:05 pm

I think your right about it being time to move on when it comes to Zador. That said I hope your right and that its not health issues keeping him out of the line up. I'd hate to learn after a statement like that, that he's out for an extended time with health problems. The mystery ailment was originally the flu btw.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:38 am

Great move by dips getting a solid vet goalie , I said it in oct , zador just doesn't cut it , and you cant say dips didn't give him ample opportunity to make it , an overage needs to be moved and it should and will be brown , I don't care how much dips favors him , anyone can see he is a liability out on the ice , although he hasn't been as bad as last year , I'll give him that .
It just doesn't make any sense to move dehart, and Bergers upside offensively , precludes him going in favor of brown , to me it's a no brainer .....brown is the odd man out ......we'll see !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:17 pm

There might be an opening for Zador and an opportunity for DePiero to move him to Owen Sound.The Attack have announced that Scott Stajcer will be out for a couple of months and might want another goalie to play along side Binnington rather than a "Jr.B/ Jr.A" goalie! This might be an opportune moment!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Looking at our goaltender situation, i would move whichever goalie will bring back the biggest return. Next year we will be as strong if not stronger, and if we are taking another run, not sure if baille or zador are good enough for a run next year, we will be going after a goalie again next year. As for our o/a situation, brown has been the player that plays a big role on this team, and is great in the room. Deharts jersey should be orange, since he looks like a pylon most of the time, and berger doesnt look as strong as he did last season. A christmas wish list would be a strong d-man and biggs showing up.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am

How can u say that about DeHart. Some times he's the anchor back there. de Daan's play hasn't been spectacular of late and sully is just sully. valley pinches way too much

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 am

totally agree with the dehart comment i honestly don't understand what everyone sees to me he isn't that great out there i notice a lot of give aways and sometimes he lets the man just skate on by, de Haan and Suellentrop are the best D out there sure they may not be the best but they are better then dehart, i hope dehart is sent packing he may do better on another team

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

Hate to burst all your bubbles about Biggs coming here. I have been told he will only play for Dale Degray, so that means I guess he will continue to play in the states!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 am

No problem, we'll trade him even-up for Andrew Fritsch!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralTwit Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Didn't Lucas Lessio also "TELL" people he wouldn't play in the O?

Yep, that's right... And now he's here. Let's see how things unfold. He CERTAINLY won't be playing for Degray in the pros, so sooner or later, the soother will have to be removed, and he'll play somewhere.

GeneralTwit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 am

I think the NHL team that drafts him may dictate where he plays.

Let me see now why would you pick Owen Sound over Oshawa and Dale is the GM not the coach so he would be playing for the coach not GM

Is thius guy an Eric Lindros and is he that good to dictate where he plays

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:04 am

Not even close to Lindros except in physical size. You can't always play with your dad's friends!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 pm

UGENS wrote:Hate to burst all your bubbles about Biggs coming here. I have been told he will only play for Dale Degray, so that means I guess he will continue to play in the states!!

UGENS(Karon)

Yes UGENS, but you also told us Dale Mitchell wasn't going to Windsor sunny
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 am

If his old man is that controlling, then trade him , but don't give him away , he surely knows he needs tonplay in the O to get best exposure for the draft , we cant lose either way .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 pm

As per HockeyProspect's twitter....Report: Maggio to Generals. No word on what may be going the other way yet
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Kevy................care to elaborate please.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Kevy wrote:As per HockeyProspect's twitter....Report: Maggio to Generals. No word on what may be going the other way yet

Daniel Maggio from Guelph is a 1991 defenceman. Dehart on the way out??

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next