Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Rumours begin

+8
gogeneralsgo
jaycro
Gens Camper
steamed
mygens
Gens_Fan_22
newgensfan85
archer_gens
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let the Rumours begin Empty Let the Rumours begin

Post by archer_gens Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm

http://newsdurhamregion.com/sports/article/168111

Will or Won't the Generals trade de Haan before the trade deadline.

It's very interesting especially now that we need to move two defencemen technically. de Haan and Maggio will both return to the team at about the same time, leaving as with alot of depth at the blue line. Yes Dehart or Valentine are also options, It's a possibility that none of the 4 will return next year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Let the Rumours begin Empty Re: Let the Rumours begin

Post by newgensfan85 Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:23 am

that is good to ponder but i doubt that trade will be happening, i see dehart being traded and that makes room for maggio coming in... but we will see come january

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 am

I agree that deHart will be the one to go.
He definitely has more trade value than Jeff Brown.
Berger is not going anywhere as far as I am concerned.
I guess we will have to wait til the new year to find out what is happenining.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:23 pm

i agree it will be very interesting , whereas dehart would bring more than brown , how much more realistically ? overagers generally bring a combination of 4th or 5th round picks , big deal , so dehart might bring an extra 4th or 5th round pick vs brown , so if you look at what each player brings to the club , this year , i think dehart edges out brown .........to me its a no brainer , keep dehart , have a better run this year , let the young defensemen , gain valuable playoff experience , being mentored by the veteran dehart ...........but it wouldnt surprise me if dehart is dispatched , everyone seems to have a soft side for brown

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:03 pm

My guess to were our extra OA will be going is Missisauga and my second choice Belleville any other guesses?
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 pm

DeHann & Dehart will both play for the Majors in the Memorial Cup

If you look what Barrie got last yr for Pieterangelo from Niagara - this trade could set us up for the next few yrs a young forward and Defence plus 3 picks in 2013,14,15 when Missy will not be as strong

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Can't see Belleville wanting any of our OA's as they are a very young team in the same re-building mode as the Gens. They may have room but if I'am not mistaken they finished with one or two Oa's last year.

Last edited by jaycro on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 am

Dehart will be gone that's for sure, but de haan I don't see going anywhere its honestly highly unlikely that he will be traded!

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 am

I think they could both be gone. DeHaan won't be back next year so use him to build the club for the future. He should bring a good return if the Gens can find a "buyer".

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 pm

I see DeHaan going as he brings has the trade value we need to get something valuable for next season. Should be interesting times.

Trade Value 1) DeHaan 2) Berger 3) Dehart 4) Andreoff 5) Brown

If the plan is to go for it next season. Move as many of these 5 as you can to get setup for next season.

We overpaid for Maggio which was very confusing. Why??? Maybe he is buddies with one of the owners. (Hint - he is from Windsor.. who else is from Windsor).

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ00 Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:I see DeHaan going as he brings has the trade value we need to get something valuable for next season. Should be interesting times.

Trade Value 1) DeHaan 2) Berger 3) Dehart 4) Andreoff 5) Brown

If the plan is to go for it next season. Move as many of these 5 as you can to get setup for next season.

We overpaid for Maggio which was very confusing. Why??? Maybe he is buddies with one of the owners. (Hint - he is from Windsor.. who else is from Windsor).

This has to be the stupitest thing I have ever heard, first off andreoff has got better and better each year but more importantly (each game this season) and will be back next year as an O/A where else is he going?? especially since he is a local boy!! Next you wanna trade all 3 O/a WOW I sure am glad you are NOT the gm!!!!

JJ00

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Andreoff is going no where - we didn't overpay for Maggio as we had too many picks - with Maggio and Quinn this makes Dehart and Dehann expendable

There is very little trade value at this time of year for an overager that everone knows you must move - that's why they will move together

Dehart - Dehann will both go together

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree Andreoff is not going anywhere. He will be an OA player here next year (not what I thought at the start of the season).

Depending on what the offers are Dehart will go with either DeHaan or perhaps Valentine.

More likely Dehann if the the price is right.

The Gens have stockpiled enough picks that the Maggio deal can make sense especially if he is back as an OA player

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Say it's Dehart & DeHaan that are traded in all likelyhood Missasauga should be there destination and if that's the case lets hope we make a trade before Windsor starts talking to them about Ellis & Kassian,because the cupboards will be bare if Windsor trade with them 1st, This trade might not happen but the Major's are hosting the cup and have an OA spot open.
This trade should bring there 1st round pick this year with some draft picks.
19 days till the OHL deadline.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 pm

That won't work. For starters, St.Mikes has already traded their 1st pick, Nick Ebert, to Windsor as part of the Shugg/Cantin deal. Their other acquisition, Warren Rychel's kid, is slated to end up in Windsor at the trade deadline. They do have two good young defencemen in Percy and DeMelo from the year before, however!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:40 pm

JJ00 - Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like Andreoff as well, however it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish?

What are you related to Andy or something?

I included him in this list as I am not sure he is back next season. I can see him getting a pro contract somewhere. Remember Nagy??

If we are going for it next season, get what you can for players who are not returning.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:50 pm

jaycro wrote:That won't work. For starters, St.Mikes has already traded their 1st pick, Nick Ebert, to Windsor as part of the Shugg/Cantin deal. Their other acquisition, Warren Rychel's kid, is slated to end up in Windsor at the trade deadline. They do have two good young defencemen in Percy and DeMelo from the year before, however!

we will find out Jan 10th if St. Michael's Majors Kerby Rychel property of Windsor. Wink

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm

What the Gennies need next year is two accomplished bonafide goalscorers/snipers like the Donatis sans attitude!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:22 pm

jaycro wrote:That won't work. For starters, St.Mikes has already traded their 1st pick, Nick Ebert, to Windsor as part of the Shugg/Cantin deal. Their other acquisition, Warren Rychel's kid, is slated to end up in Windsor at the trade deadline. They do have two good young defencemen in Percy and DeMelo from the year before, however!

Percy is not going anywhere. DeMelo is a possible trade.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 am

Maybe Rychel ends up in Oshawa and we trade him to Windsor

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm

in my view you dont trade dehaan unless you get a really good young prospect ( who was a ist pick ) you dont trade him for a 2nd , he's worth more to this team making a good playoff run , for the experience of the rest of the young core group here ! how about this .......dehaan to missy for rychel , then trade him to windsor for ebert !!!! that would work for me !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 pm

I await the morning of January 11th. It is interesting that several fans have said that next year is the year...like the leafs. Take a look at the top teams in the three leagues of the chl. They have decent 19 year olds, not 16 and 17 year olds. Like all of you I hope for the best. Calvin is likely to go as he won't fit into anyone's plans next year and one oa. For me I would move Berger based on the Ottawa game. He seems disinterested.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:26 pm

I like your thinking mygens. I would take Ebert fot Kerby Rychel but I don't thinK that would fly. For one thing, Ebert was selective as to where he would report during the last draft and he might not want to report to Oshawa. He was keen to go to Windsor as It was closer to home. Secondly, you would have to be crazy to trade Ebert to get Kerby, even being Warren's son. They are not on a par talentwise. Ebert will be the best defenceman in the OHL in a year or two; Kerby was not even a legitimate 1st rounder this past year. I think Windsor fans would run Warren out of town if he pulled that off as a one for one. Nepotism gone too far!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:42 pm

just wishful thinking on my part i suppose , i guess it reflects how i feel however , we dont give away dehaan , and help another team win the mem cup , without a major return !!! in all my 30 plus years as a gens fan , i;ve never seen any team hand us a gift like that .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 pm

well croc , you may be right and berger is traded , but in regards to the ottawa game , he was playing a reg shift plus killing all those darn penalties gifted us by the refs in the third , the kid was gassed i'm sure .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next