Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM

+4
mygens
Gens Camper
63 Split
Peter_Puck
8 posters

Go down

HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM Empty HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM

Post by Peter_Puck Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 pm

It`s time to check the ego at the door Gens, your penalties are coming from your reputation and how u play, just like a scout watches players, the coaching staff needs to pass along what is an acceptable penalty to take; and correlate that in how Referees have their own personalities in how they see the game. If a certain official comes in and he is known to call high stick penalties then keep your stick on the ice! Your darn right the GENS have a rep but they can change their play to suit the game and the officiating. For Linesman sometimes its icing some times its waved off (personally if they can wave it means the game will end quicker). I like Team Canada`s rule no more than 4 minor penalties. How about constructive glove dropping instead of seven fights in a game, the right pairing could eliminate all the other unnecessary fights. Disciplined teams win games. Bailie did not lose the last game the TEAM did.

Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM Empty Re: HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM

Post by 63 Split Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:14 pm

I agree with you on the penalty thing whole heartedly..........but Bailie did was a very big part of that game going to Peterborough. His rebound control was rediculous and when you need a big sve, it wasn't there. We can't go short handed that long and expect to compete with good teams, but lets not hide our goaltending problem and think it is solved.
63 Split
63 Split

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

HIGHEST PENALIZED TEAM Empty Baille was GREAT

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Not sure what game you were watching but after that 1st shot - Baille was the difference - 2nd period alone the game could have been over if not for Baille

The goalies job as I have heard many times is to give the team a chance to WIN and he did - The problem right now on this team is discipline - penalties

P K is OK - Power play is very poor for a team with this much talent - too predictable like how do we feed Thomas - put the puck on net

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 pm

the gens have got to find a way to stay out of the box , they are running away with the title as most penalized team , its not a joke , we are losing games we should otherwise win , no doubt about it . The team somehow has to get this under control , in the meantime dipiero should work on a pk unit that doesnt use either of the top two lines , because our best players are getting gassed with pk duty , to the point there is very little left in the tank , to make a comeback after powerplay goals by the opposition , now that the team has resolved its goaltending issue , with the acquisition of disalvo , this penalty thing is the teams most urgent issue to address ...........having said that , i can surely see that the refs sure dont give us any breaks ! we are more than being picked on a little bit !!!!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:13 pm

The Gens have certainly had a lot of practice killing penalties. The PK has taken a bit of a hit recently (home games against Guelph and Peterborough have dropped the Gens PK ranking from 3rd best in the league)...while the Gens were the last team in the league to give up a short handed goal, it has been a while since we had a game where the Gens had more powerplays than the opposition.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:02 am

The Petes radio announcer said that Bailie was the difference in that game.
After the first goal, he did what he had to do to keep the Gens in the game. Without him, the Petes would have scored more goals.
I agree with Gens Camper's comments. Penalties are playing a bit part with this team. They have to play more disciplined hockey.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 63 Split Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Bailie can be your saviour then....for me, a goalie that can't hold a rebound shouldn't be there. You have you opinions and I have mine. He's not number 1 material and will cost us big if we had to lean on him this year or next.
63 Split
63 Split

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Whether Bailie is good enough to be a number 1 isn't what should be focused on if your talking just about Sundays game.

1) he never gets playing time
2) no goalie can be blamed if there team is in the box all night

maybe rebound control wasn't there but if we continue to take penaltys the way we are no amount of goaltending is going to save us,

I agree Bailie has problems with his game, and i'm sure he knows what they are and is working on them. But Sundays game was a team loss, and not Bailies fault.

Maybe the coach shouldn't have played him, again not Bailies fault.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

I have no problem with penalties if they are good ones however the Gens seem to take an inordinate number of bad penalties.

The timing of the bad penalties is also a problem.

If the Gens want to succeed they have to reduce their penalty minutes.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:54 pm

i agree
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm

It`s time to check the ego at the door Gens, your penalties are coming from your reputation and how u play, just like a scout watches players, the coaching staff needs to pass along what is an acceptable penalty to take; and correlate that in how Referees have their own personalities in how they see the game. If a certain official comes in and he is known to call high stick penalties then keep your stick on the ice! Your darn right the GENS have a rep but they can change their play to suit the game and the officiating. For Linesman sometimes its icing some times its waved off (personally if they can wave it means the game will end quicker). I like Team Canada`s rule no more than 4 minor penalties. How about constructive glove dropping instead of seven fights in a game, the right pairing could eliminate all the other unnecessary fights. Disciplined teams win games. Bailie did not lose the last game the TEAM did.

Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down