Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Stats, I like the home away

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Stats, I like the home away Empty Interesting Stats, I like the home away

Post by ogf Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Have more time now that I am semi retired and thought I would go through the game sheets and do some numbers. The following is really interesting. I like the aspect of the home and away records and the fact that the Gens basically score the same number of goals on the road as they do at home. Anyway, here are some stats/facts for the Gens this year todate.

Gens have played 42 games (21 home, 21 away)
Gens have scored the first goal of the game 22 times
Gens are 16-2-2-2 when scoring the first goal
Gens are 7-10-1-2 when not scoring the first goal
Gens are 11-2-0-1 when leading after the first period
Gens are 8-2-3-1 when tied after the first period
Gens are 4-8-0-2 when losing after the first period
Gens are 15-1-2-2 when leading after the second period
Gens are 4-3-1-0 when tied after the second period
Gens are 4-8-0-2 when losing after the second period
Gens average attendance at home is 4114
Gens average attendance on the road is 4007
Gens are 12-6-1-2 for 27 points at home
Gens are 11-6-2-2 for 26 points on the road
Gens have scored 87 goals at home
Gens have scored 84 goals on the road
Gens have 69 goals against at home
Gens have 81 goals against on the road
Gens have 925 minutes in penalties and their opponents have 823
Gens have been on the PP 189 times and shorthanded 233 times

Thoughts?

Last edited by ogf on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added penalty minutes and PP SH)

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Interesting Stats, I like the home away Empty Re: Interesting Stats, I like the home away

Post by hockeybeats Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 pm

It's nice to have such a good road record but why can't they have a more dominant home record?

The best stat in there is their record when losing after two periods. I don't know what that stat is for other contending teams but the Gens have managed to at least get to overtime in six out of 14 games, just under half. As a fan at a game where they are losing after two periods, it's a great feeling to know that there's an almost 50% chance that the game is either going to overtime or the Gens will win. They are winning those games 29% of the time, almost one in every three. By no means are the Generals ever down and out after two periods. The game against Ottawa was a perfect example of that. Of course, the game against Sudbury wasn't.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Interesting Stats, I like the home away Empty Re: Interesting Stats, I like the home away

Post by TipcoSr Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 am

It's great to see we can score on the road like we can score at home. I also like the ability to come back when we are behind.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down