Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This could be a very interesting week

5 posters

Go down

This could be a very interesting week Empty This could be a very interesting week

Post by Gens Camper Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:39 pm

We have no coach for next year and the G.M. will be under review - so changes could be coming

We did under achieve this past year - the team was assembled by the current G.M. and scouting , coaching staff

If I am the owner and someone is out there with a new vision - I owe to myself and fans to look at it

Will next year be any better - depends who is back

Let's look at our division - Belleville will be better , Petes will be better , Kingston is set up to improve - Ottawa never goes away -

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

This could be a very interesting week Empty Re: This could be a very interesting week

Post by steamed Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am

And were did you find this info we have no coach next season? and as for G.M. under review all hockey teams go thru an review process.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

This could be a very interesting week Empty Re: This could be a very interesting week

Post by Gens Camper Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 am

The last I heard - Mr Agnew was hired on a game by game basis that ended on
April fools day - April 1 - that is what the season ticket holders were told at the GMC at a season ticket holders meeting - BUT then again we were told another update meeting would happen in the New Year - didn't happen - I expect changes - we need stability and a new vision

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 am

I was also @ the town hall meeting and found it really interesting that they were still talking about$$$$$,personally I think nothing will be done until all the public stuff is done like the Team banquet, and also what coaches that are out there right now, love to see Ted Nolan but he would what full control of the team and the same with Bill Stewart, I don't know if Rocco and the rest of the ownership is ready to let Dips go (I personally like Dips as a GM)
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for both shoes to fall , the first might and should be the coaching staff who have to go. Adjustments simply were not made throughout the season and discipline was sadly lacking. The second shoe will not drop and DePiero will be retained, primarily for financial reasons. Chris did okay in the GM role but should not have left the draft cupboards bare with no 2nd and no 3rd pick (London's pick was out of desperation so we didn't have to go three rounds without a pick, in my opinion). I hope next year's selections are all there as there will be more holes to fill than this year. It's funny how Rychel and the Hunters can always trade for talent but sell off and keep replenishing every year. That's good management!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

DePiero just didn't give our 2nd and 3rd pick away for nothing we got 2 good if not great players in Altshuller and Lessio.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Agreed, we got good players in return but you still have to balance out your trades over time so you try to have at least one pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. As an aside, I still firmly believe we overpaid for Lessio. Next year will either prove me wrong or right and to sway me, it will take 40 or more goals from him and/or a top ten scoring placement in the league. Altshuller should be an all-star in years to come!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:14 pm

I hear what your saying but we did have a 3rd this year as dips did make a trade
and with that pick we pick Owen Mcdade which by all the tweets he's going to be a good one,also all depending on our euro's we will have thoses picks that can be trade for picks.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

Newspaper said Schemitsch and Petgrave are expected back if true im happier and would be less likely to call for Dips head. I like alot of moves he has made, and if both players return maybe there is alot more of a plan then there looked to be when the moves were made.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Everyone expected Valentine back - hopefully they are back

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

i hope they r back or are defense is gonna be horrble next year
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down