Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5

+3
Lindy88
gogensgo
Phoenix
7 posters

Go down

Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5 Empty Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5

Post by Phoenix Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Well, this is disappointing so far (end of 2nd). It would seem that St Mike's has the Gens skating hard just to try to keep up.

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5 Empty Re: Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5

Post by Phoenix Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok 4-3 final. Respectable score for a game against an obviously fast & skilled team. Not a pretty game by any means. Looking for better things tomorrow.afternoon against Belleville. :-)

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 am

Anyone know if Dips is Diabetic? I've never actually seen anyone (other than a player), drink as much water as he does during a game. Serious question as maybe it can be helpful (no jokes about how much beer you drink during a game!!)

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 am

Combine brutal reffing with lack of discipline and then throw in some bad bounces and you pretty much end up with a loss like they did.

The Generals have the talent, depth and goaltending to go deep into the playoffs. They have proven that with their play against the top level teams in the league. However, they must cut down on dumb penalties at the absolute worst times to have any kind of extended playoff success.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:52 am

Di Salvo played well although I am sure he would like to have the third and fourth goals back.

The Gens started slowly again which gets them in a hole right off the bat.

They need to stop the dumb penalties and especially the selfish ones taking them off the powerplay.

The questionable calls seemed to go both ways. It was impossible to know what was a penalty and what wasn't last night.

I really didn't get what Clark was doing when he got the instigator penalty. Did Dips send him out to do that? It sure looked that way.

There certainly seemed to be a lot of yapping between the benches and the coaches.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Gens vsSt Mike's - March 5 Empty St.Mikes are Cowards and know how to milk the referees

Post by overbank99 Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm

funny how a mississauga player can spear a generals player before the faceoff and get no penalty?
i guess when your billionaire owner has David Branch in his back pocket you always get the calls?
the Gens just have to come out of the gate faster at home and get the crowd into the game and
feed off them
i know the Gens are young and at times lack discipline but i rarely see them getting a fair shake
from the referees in the David Branch Hockey League.
sorry for the rant but i feel better now, hope they come out of the gate fast this afternoon
and smoke the Bulls!

overbank99

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I think you will see the first 50 goal scorer this afternoon in a few years

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 pm

The Majors sure dominated the possession at even strength. When Thomas scored on the powerplay to make it 4-2 in the 3rd, I thought we might have a comeback going...too bad the 3rd goal didn't come a little earlier which could have paved the way for a last second goal to tie. If the spear before the faceoff had been called, we wouldn't have had any of the stuff after.

Really liked the Gens start this afternoon against the Bulls...haven't seen a start like that in a while. Maggio from Valentine isn't a scoring play you'll see too often...funny thing was, it almost happened twice! Jensen could easily end up with 30 goals in his rookie season. I thought for sure he'd scored into the empty net because I looked up once the goal went in and saw the last tenth or two tick down...so it seemed like a good goal to me.

It will feel different not having a home game next weekend. 4 on the road and the last 2 at home before the playoffs start! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down