Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vs Bulls

+12
drifter
Gens_Fan_22
ohagan
newgensfan85
gmc 118
Hayes#21
Gens Fan 112
Generalizations
generalsfan
KHE
gensfan4life3232
archer_gens
16 posters

Go down

Gens vs Bulls Empty Gens vs Bulls

Post by archer_gens Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Gens win Round 1

Game 2 is a must win if we have any chance at taking 2nd.

We sit 5 points back and could easily win 5 of 6 if we show up to every game. The Bulls and the Petes are desperate clubs however and if you don't watch out they could pull of the upset. Kingston and Brampton are possible matchups but are also winnable. Finally the Ottawa game is all but a must win at this point without it the hill is just to steep.

Ottawa luckily has the more difficult schedule. With five games left they must get by the Icedogs, Majors and Generals. The Frontenacs and the Wolves could help us out with wins but thats less likely.

If the Gens beat Ottawa and every other game is won by the better team then Oshawa would take 12 points and the 67's would only take 4. Is that a likely scenario probably not but I can see the teams being extremely close in the standings at the end of it all.

But one game at a time.

Should be a great game, the Bulls had a good 3rd period against the Generals and if we aren't careful will carry that momentum into tomorrow night.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens vs Bulls Empty Re: Gens vs Bulls

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

20 cm overnight for Belleville, shouldn't effect the game but safe driving to all.

I plan to watch both games instead of heading out into the cold.

GO FRONTS GO!

(who'd of thunk it?)

GO GENS GO!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Let's GO Gens this is a winnable tonight.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Glad to see the OHL came down hard on Payerl giving him 5 games for his hit on Sully as well Strong with 1 game for the slew foot.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Was wondering when Bailie might get another start...apparently tonight is the night. OHL scoresheet has him listed as tonight's starter.

Here's to a great game by the Gens! Hard to believe they only have 5 games left in the regular season after this one!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Happy to see Bailie playing in his home town. Go get'em kid =)

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Stupid Zebras! Great Job Generals, amazing pk or awful pp? Maybe both. Standings stay the same as ottawa rolls over kingston
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Archer - can you please weigh in on the Mascioli hit and the way the refs called that?

Also - what about the Clark situation at the end? I think the Bulls radio guys are morons. I know there's a lot of love for Jack Miller but not from me I think he sucks. I heard his partner call the Clark hit "cheap" but that was when he thought his mic was off. He didn't use that word again.

I heard them refer to the Gens getting some revenge on the Bulls by winning 6 of 8 this year and that the Bulls were 4-2-0-2 last year. Doesn't that mean the Gens won half of their 8 meetings?!?!

Anyway. Good for Bailie to go "home" for a win and congrats on the win boys! Keep it up!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Waytago GENS,Lets keep it rolling,Congrats to Bailie on getting the win and to thomas for getting his 49th of the season.I wish the next few games where home games so i could see him get his 50th.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 am

Berger and Clark are probably both gone. Clarks hit was clean (I felt), but after the clean hit he pushed the Belleville player into the post of the net. I think he gets a game or two because its Clark not necessarily because the play was bad.

Berger will probably get time because he beat a guy that delivered a hit, I cant call it clean it wasn't but i dunno if it was intentional or dirty either. If the Bulls player hadn't thrown his gloves off it could have been worse for Berger.

I think each will get a game or two but the league is impossible to predict.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 am

Everyone knows on this board I am an avid fan of Clark's. But the hit into the goal post was really bad. He could have really hurt that kid and there was no reason for it. He made a great hit on the kid and then fired him into the post. He was holding his neck when he left the ice. I hope the kid is OK.

He should get more than a game or two in my opinion. It was not nice...and was a"CHEAP" hit. I love his play but that does not help our team in anyway. Way passed the line on that one. And I like the kid , hopefully coach sit him down and let him know that was way over the physical edge we need to play with.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 am

For starters the masciolli hit on thomas was totally clean, caught thomas skating with his head down. We were at the game and sat in the end where this hit occured. hockey fans will say its a clean hirt, homers will call it a dirty hit. With the clark situation, that was a cheap crosscheck in the post behind the net, smooth move.But i wonder why dipps put him out there with only one minute left in the game. I dont like to say it, but maybe to send a message. One would hope not. I must admit even though belleville had 10 power plays the gens deserved most of the penaltys. Good road win, keep it going, but sure is looking like a fourth place finish and a first round with the fronts. And i am fine with that.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Are these hits available to see anywhere online,i never saw the game cause i dont get rogers.

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Great game last night for the boys, what was sad to see was the gens fans in the section I was sitting in bashing bailie all game... Great fan support, support the whole team not bash them he may not be your fave but damn..saying he should play in the "tim hortons league" is a bit much.. A+ gens fans for that...as for the gens great work congrats on the win

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm

gensfanforever wrote:Are these hits available to see anywhere online,i never saw the game cause i dont get rogers.

Here are the highlights from last nights game, it shows the hit on Thomas but not the Clark hit www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXNyvL1jkA

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Very kool thank u very much ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 pm

gensfanforever wrote:Very kool thank u very much ohagan

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed!

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Well it seems that both Berger and Clarke's suspensions are posted as indefinite on the OHL website and date of return is to be determined.
Sandlak from Belleville received a two game suspension.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Gotta love Branch, i have some choice words but i will censor myself
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Again the 2 blind mice were looking at white all night. Black was getting away with to much. From where I sat it looked like boarding or a head check on Thomas. With no call. Thats why Berger. If nothing else an elbow. When I rang my bell for good plays. I was told to shove it where the sun don't shine. But I told the fellow I would shove it some where else. You get the picture. Ref #35 Ferguson didn't call a penilty all night until Clarks. He missed the cross check Clark took. Same crap different day. Please correct me If I'm wrong. If it was a clean hit on Thomas. See you in Kingston
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

While I think the hit on Thomas was a nasty one I think it fit in the rules. Masscotti seemed to bring his elbow and shoulder up but it did not hit Thomas (from the replays and my own slo-mo on the PVR).

Berger will get 2 or 3 games although I understand exactly why he did what he did.

As to Clark regardless of the cross-check it was a stupid and dangerous thing that he did. He will get 5 games for that one.

When you are the most penalized team in the league you are likely to get more than your fair share of penalties. I worry about this coming back to haunt them in the playoffs.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:04 pm

archer_gens wrote:Gotta love Branch, i have some choice words but i will censor myself

I've been hearing for years that Branch has a hate on for the Gens due to something that happened along time ago. Pretty vague description I know.

Any truth or speculation to this or it just an urban myth?
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Here is the Clark hit, and in my opinion he should be gone along time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYf55caby64

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 pm

TipcoSr wrote:Here is the Clark hit, and in my opinion he should be gone along time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYf55caby64

I've seen much much worse. A little bit of acting in my opinion on behalf of the Bulls player. The original hit was not the issue it was the push after the hit. Although I don't condone that action whatsoever I don't think suspension should be very long. How many times has Clark been suspended?? I can't really remember off the top of my head but I'm sure he has in the past. That will probably work against him in this case. If I look at the incident on a one off basis I'd give him 2 games but when taking account his past he could get 5 maybe more based on the number of times he's been suspended.

With regards to the Berger incident. I really can't believe Mascioli didn't get a fighting penalty after he clearly dropped his gloves and was clearly throwing punches. I just don't understand how someone doesn't get a penalty for that. Maybe someone can clarify this for me but I can't recall if Berger has ever been suspended. Branch may look at it as a first offence against a known agitator when he came in defence of his star player that was run over in the corner on a hit that could have been a charge but otherwise was clean. He MAY get 3 games but more than that is a joke. I'd expect less.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:49 pm

BigIce
NOOFer

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just you tubing the recent suspension activities between these two teams.

March 6 Payerl gets suspended for a hit from behind (rightfully so). deHaan jumps in to defend a teammate. No suspension to deHaan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBheHfCH_o

March 9 Mascioli hits Thomas hard (no penalty). Berger jumps in to defend. Berger suspended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYallpcZ2qQ

March 9 Clark gets suspended for crosschecking Snelling into the net (again, rightfully so). Sandlak jumps in to defend. Two game suspension to Sandlak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYf55caby64

So Sandlak gets suspended due to it being in the last min of play? Berger gets suspended, because he's Berger??? And deHaan gets no suspension because he's deHaan???

POSTED ON THE NOOF TODAY!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down