Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the Gens want first place -

2 posters

Go down

Should the Gens want first place -  Empty Should the Gens want first place -

Post by Gens Camper Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Well if we win our last 3 games we finish ahead of Ottawa - that simple - we do control our destiny

We are 3 points back with 3 to play - 6 points - Ottawa has 2 games 1 Friday vs GENS - then Sunday VS Sudbury

We play in Ottawa Friday - back home Sat vs Brampton then Sunday vs Petes - we win all 3 but must beat Ottawa in regulation

We get first and play Sudbury - but do we really want all that travel - if not we play Kingston or Brampton

First place would be a great - BUT the 1 st round reward would be painful

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Should the Gens want first place -  Empty Re: Should the Gens want first place -

Post by hockeybeats Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:51 pm

I don't think it's worth the reward. I'd rather play Kingston or Brampton than Sudbury regardless of travel. Sudbury is the dark horse of the East, if any of the bottom four is make it through and win a couple of rounds, it would be Sudbury. Earlier in the season, I would have said it's worth it to avoid Mississauga in round two but I'm not convinced that Misssissauga is the top team in the East. A matchup against the 67s in round two would be just as difficult, if not even more difficult. In previous years, it might have been worth it for home ice but this year's Generals seem to play much better on the road than the Tavares-era Gens, the last time we saw a playoff game. They currently have 19 home wins and 19 away wins. The Gens might be a young team but they aren't intimidated by hostile crowds at all.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down