Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Maggio get suspended for head shot

+2
Oshawa fan
Gens Camper
6 posters

Go down

Will Maggio get suspended for head shot Empty Will Maggio get suspended for head shot

Post by Gens Camper Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Well the Kingston media and team think so - could get 5 - 7 games - OUCH

How about Clark will he be gone to

The Frontenacs have the video posted on their website and the hit on Sarault begins at 2:20 and the slow motion replay is at 2:29.

If Sarault stays down, he gets 10 to 15 games Minimum, so the fact he gets up, will make things interesting.

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/main/index

However no penalty was called

Last edited by Gens Camper on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Will Maggio get suspended for head shot Empty Re: Will Maggio get suspended for head shot

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm

If you listen to what was said after the Werek hit on Jenner you would think 5 games. Contact with the head- no injury.

I actually think you can argue that it should be less (in comparison to Werek) as Maggio did not aim for the head until his elbow came up at the very end. Werek on the other hand at the very end of the game targeted Jenner's head all the way.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Will Maggio get suspended for head shot Empty Re: Will Maggio get suspended for head shot

Post by LX Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:41 pm

i wouldnt call it a head shot... he hit his chest and followed thru

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 am

Hopefully there isn't anything supplemental. I don't know how, when Moon is the player he is....I am sure that will be taken into consideration. That young man causes a lot of hoopla on the ice and then turtles. He takes cheap shots , when the refs are there to save him....and he only goes after players, he feels will not hit him back(Dehann and Thomas). He got what he got from Clark for Yapping in front of the Gens bench after he scored his second goal. And it looked really good on him.

And if Clark gets suspended...I am OK with that, don't let anyone try to intimidate your captian after the play is done and run his mouth without some consequence. I am proud of him.

If Doherty and Gubranson were not suspended, I would think Clark and Maggio may be OK. Gubranson, really man handled the linesman in game two and got nothing. And Doherty, speared Berger, after the play was done, with so supplemental discipline.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Clark has been suspended for 2 games for jumping Moon. So far nothing for Maggio on OHL website.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:30 pm

IMO that was the best two games Clark could have taken--- I've waited a very long time to see a general take Moon down. I think I hate Moon more then I did Keleta.......

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:47 pm

5forfighting wrote:IMO that was the best two games Clark could have taken--- I've waited a very long time to see a general take Moon down. I think I hate Moon more then I did Keleta.......

James Delory got Moon pretty good a few years ago www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpJW9uNCnM lol I think I still hate Kaleta more than Moon.

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:57 pm

What I like best about Clark's fight...compared to Delory's....is Clark's was face to face. Delory slashed him from behind and jumped him(not that I didn't appreciate it)...Clark was nose to nose...and clocked him good before he turtled. And I agree ...worth the two game suspension. Moon got what he deserved...if he wants to run that mouth...then back it up or shut up. Clark backed it up!!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:What I like best about Clark's fight...compared to Delory's....is Clark's was face to face. Delory slashed him from behind and jumped him(not that I didn't appreciate it)...Clark was nose to nose...and clocked him good before he turtled. And I agree ...worth the two game suspension. Moon got what he deserved...if he wants to run that mouth...then back it up or shut up. Clark backed it up!!!!

Agreed!!! Very Happy

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down