Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laughton suspended

5 posters

Go down

Laughton suspended Empty Laughton suspended

Post by Sandman Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Don't agree with 10 game suspension. Ottawa player put himself into vulnerable position. Though contact with the head was made.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/68ac004b55d40ddfc5ccdaf2c4962fe6

Sandman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Laughton suspended Empty Re: Laughton suspended

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:11 am

Branch and the league once again showing how amazing they are.

I saw several hits that I would call so much more dangerous and so many activities that are intentional in tonights game. I totally get protecting players but Thomas last year was the same thing, last year they even said it was unintentional.

If I thought Laughton meant to do it 10 games is fine with me.

I'd even be ok if they want to give short suspensions on unintentional hits to the head like this just to make sure that players try to be more careful.

No Lessio, No Laughton, No Jenner when he heads to the juniors. We are gonna be shorthanded for the foreseeable future.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:40 am

I think the message is hit to the head means a significant suspension and it does not matter if it is intended or not. Unfortunately the calls on the ice and in the boardroom don't seem to be consistently applying the same standard.

Tough for Laughton and the Gens. Other guys are going to have to step up but it will be a struggle without he and Lessio.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 pm

The problem with replay is you see the last second play as the hit happens - you don't see the intent 1 second prior - as I saw it - the hit wasn't needed and keep your arms and elbows down, no injury no penalty

The hit reminded me of a game last year vs the Petes - Peumple hit on Urvira and Petes fans were unhappy when Peumple got 10 games

Undiscipled play needs to be addressed

Who will step up - How to fix terrible PK - Average PP

Coaching group will now earn their keep as they are now in the SPOTLIGHT

Keep your elbows and sticks down and below your shoulders and the chance of player injuries are diminshed

The OHL cannot always judge intent BUT can judge result - any hit intentional or not - YOU PAY

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Laughton even admitted that the intent was there. Enough said......10 games well deserved.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down