Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game #4 Icedogs vs Gens

+11
Oshawa fan
opinionated
steamed
newgensfan85
TipcoSr
Gens Camper
Kevy
gensrock
archer_gens
KHE
gensfan4life3232
15 posters

Go down

Game #4 Icedogs vs Gens Empty Game #4 Icedogs vs Gens

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Let's Go Gens. Very Happy
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Game #4 Icedogs vs Gens Empty Re: Game #4 Icedogs vs Gens

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Gens 6 IceDogs 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Gotta win tonight. They have to TCB in their own barn and try and win 1 game in Niagara. They can do it. GO GENS GO!!

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:24 am

No heart. Gens are on life support. I think they are in srious trouble.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 am

archer_gens wrote:No heart. Gens are on life support. I think they are in srious trouble.

ummm ok? why?
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

Nice of Di Salvo and Boone to show up. I guess everyone else forgot there was a game tonight?
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:19 am

Something wasn't right - lines were messed up - was VAlentine hurt as his ice was cut short.

It seemed like something happened as the players were not in it .

I know the Dogs were outstanding tonight But we did not have our legs or heart - Oh well it happens

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:33 am

I don't agree.

The Dogs played great tonight and didn't let the Gens get going. The Dogs were a much better team tonight. The Guys were ready and came out ready to play....so did the Dogs and that is where the Gens ran into trouble. The Gens couldn't get going because the Dogs were right there. The Gens got frustrated and took alot of penalties (all deserved) and it cost them from getting back into it. They couldn't keep trying to stay with the Dogs when killing penalties. This is the time of the year to suck it up and not play selfish. The Gens failed on both accounts. They have a very large hill to climb. Can it be done...yes, will it given the penalties this team takes..not so sure.

It was a great year, and I hope the returning guys take this experience and grow from it....you have to leave it at the door, suck it up and not be selfish.

Here's to the next game....live and learn....GO Gens Go!

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 am

i agree with kevy the team did not show up a few players yes but the rest of the team sat back and let the dogs run the show...i feel they are in some trouble yes it was a great season but as everyone says playoffs is a whole new one...i felt the gens didnt come out and fight for it.....i hope next game they can come out and play as hard as the dogs have been playing...and that they win the next 3...if not we shall be amazing next season with a lot of players coming back

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 am

As much as I'm a Dips supporter I think he didn't have the team ready to play,why do you mess all the lines up, it didn't work during the season and it's not working now,except for Booner and Di Salvo nobody was ready to play and that comes down to coaching.were not finished yet but after yesterdays game it's very close and if we play like we did yesterday it will be over. Sad
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 am

I don't think enough credit is being given to Visentin either.

I can distinctly recall at least four times when he came across the net and took away great scoring chances.

While I'm not convinced that that the Gens could have won last night in any case (there were a lot of players just out for the skate), it would have been a much closer game if the Gens had been shooting on a lesser goalie.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 am

Lack of playoff experience and it shows. Selfish penalties by guys who should know better.

The Gens started much better and carried the play almost to the time of the Dogs first goal. It went downhill from there.

I agree that Niagara goaltending was very good. If the Gens had scored early it might have been a different result.

I am not sure what was with changing the lines. It did not seem to work.

The Dogs were a better team during the season and still are. The Gens need to be at the top of their game to win and clearly were not last night.

Hopefully a better effort on Friday will see us back in Oshawa on Sunday night.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 am

steamed wrote:As much as I'm a Dips supporter I think he didn't have the team ready to play,why do you mess all the lines up, it didn't work during the season and it's not working now,except for Booner and Di Salvo nobody was ready to play and that comes down to coaching.were not finished yet but after yesterdays game it's very close and if we play like we did yesterday it will be over. Sad

I agree with everything you said Steamed, except I'm not a Dips supporter. Sad
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 am

I've gotta say that I am a Dips supporter but he flat out was out-coached last night. Marty Williamson had his Ice Dogs fully prepared and every player knew exactly what he was supposed to do last night and where he was supposed to be. They played an almost flawless game. When they were defending a Generals breakout they played the trap to perfection, when they were defending a powerplay they played a 4 man diamond in the neutral zone to perfection and when they were on the powerplay it was the same play get the puck downlow and find the player backdoor.
I am getting frustrated that Dips is not able to find a play to get through the neutral zone on a breakout and he has not been able to get his players to recognize that Niagara does the exact same downlow play on every powerplay. I don't like the fact that he messed with the lines prior to last nights game. I understand he may have been trying to expand his bench a little bit but when you're down 2-1 in a series that is not the time to make a drastic change like that. Last night was one of those games where everything seemed to go Niagara's way. All they can do is regroup. You've got to win 4 games to win the series so Niagara hasn't won anything yet. I'll be interested to see how this Generals team responds on Friday evening in a hostile environment.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm

KHE wrote:I've gotta say that I am a Dips supporter but he flat out was out-coached last night. Marty Williamson had his Ice Dogs fully prepared and every player knew exactly what he was supposed to do last night and where he was supposed to be. They played an almost flawless game. When they were defending a Generals breakout they played the trap to perfection, when they were defending a powerplay they played a 4 man diamond in the neutral zone to perfection and when they were on the powerplay it was the same play get the puck downlow and find the player backdoor.

This is a chicken or the egg sort of question but how much of that is Niagara's coaching and how much of that is a superior team that was executing the coach's plan to perfection? It is of course a combination of both. Growing pains. This is a team with virtually no playoff experience. I hope they come back but we all knew all along that this is the test run for next year. Even losing to Niagara, this season was a huge step forward. This is a team that had developed a little bit of arrogance and thinking that they have a sense of entitlement to goals. It might have actually hurt them to score so many so easily against Kingston. When they were stifled by Niagara's great defence and goaltending, they got frustrated.

Niagara's shutdown game was outstanding. To be honest, from what I've seen of Mississauga, despite their 8-0 playoff record, I'd be picking Niagara to beat them if they do indeed end up moving on. The Majors haven't demonstrated the same stifling defending as the Ice Dogs have and in the playoffs, that's what wins.

The Gens D is vastly improved from last year but still isn't at the level of teams that qualify for the Memorial Cup.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:32 pm

hockeybeats wrote:
KHE wrote:I've gotta say that I am a Dips supporter but he flat out was out-coached last night. Marty Williamson had his Ice Dogs fully prepared and every player knew exactly what he was supposed to do last night and where he was supposed to be. They played an almost flawless game. When they were defending a Generals breakout they played the trap to perfection, when they were defending a powerplay they played a 4 man diamond in the neutral zone to perfection and when they were on the powerplay it was the same play get the puck downlow and find the player backdoor.

This is a chicken or the egg sort of question but how much of that is Niagara's coaching and how much of that is a superior team that was executing the coach's plan to perfection? It is of course a combination of both. Growing pains. This is a team with virtually no playoff experience. I hope they come back but we all knew all along that this is the test run for next year. Even losing to Niagara, this season was a huge step forward. This is a team that had developed a little bit of arrogance and thinking that they have a sense of entitlement to goals. It might have actually hurt them to score so many so easily against Kingston. When they were stifled by Niagara's great defence and goaltending, they got frustrated.

Niagara's shutdown game was outstanding. To be honest, from what I've seen of Mississauga, despite their 8-0 playoff record, I'd be picking Niagara to beat them if they do indeed end up moving on. The Majors haven't demonstrated the same stifling defending as the Ice Dogs have and in the playoffs, that's what wins.

The Gens D is vastly improved from last year but still isn't at the level of teams that qualify for the Memorial Cup.

It was even smaller things that the average fan may not even notice. When an ice dog forward was changing and the play was going into the Generals end, the forward would enter the bench on the defensive end and the forward coming on would enter the ice from the opposite end of the bench. That one little move gains about 20ft or however long a hockey bench is. It's little things like that shows me how well that bench is being run. Niagara does that little move all the time and it should be taught by every coach in the league.
I completely agree that this experience will only make every one of these players that are coming back next year better. I really hope than can pull out a victory on Friday evening in Niagara.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey - Niagara are a very good team. We have a lot of young players who have zero playoff experience. The experience will help next season. The disappointment from last night is that some of our vets are the ones who showed no discipline and leadership. I was on twitter and the IntheOradio guy was all over some of our players.

Here are some of his tweets....I hate to say it but he is right, Dips needs to get these guys under control

Alain Berger gets 2 for hitting Visentin as he skated by. not much of a hit. but you cant touch the goalie regardless

Andy Andreoff is killing this Gens team. Man. this is awful.

Andy Andreoff gets 10 and a game him being sent off the ice. may be good for OSH as eh was nothing but in the Penalty box.

Oshawa is back in the box. and Why is Valentine pushing down on the back of Aggozino's head?

I really wanna know how many 'undisciplined' penalties Andy Andreoff has taken in this series. 2 tonight. 4 on 4 for 12 seconds then NIA PP

another Penalty coming up. Daniel Maggio jumps on Captain andrew @aggz09 after the hit and he is sitting for 2 or less

And Andy Andreoff plows NIA Mark Visentin... do you really wanna go down 3-0 again and battle through the next 40 min.? 5 on 3 for NIA

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:36 pm

When Williamson out coaches you then your in trouble!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down