Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens game against IceDogs

+2
hockeybeats
UGENS
6 posters

Go down

Gens game against IceDogs Empty Gens game against IceDogs

Post by UGENS Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 am

It was nice to see Kevin Baile play a great game. There can't be a jinx on the blue jersey's anymore as that was a good win. The lads really played a solid game and Boone Jenner really set the pace for the lads .

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Gens game against IceDogs Empty Re: Gens game against IceDogs

Post by hockeybeats Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 am

Nice to see the win. Had they lost, the forum would be lighting up and have at least a dozen responses already. This will calm things down for at least a couple of days.

Lessio's goal was just an awesome power move getting himself in front of the net from what would have been an impossible shooting angle. Getting 5 goals on Visentin is a great accomplishment even if Jenner did benefit from an awful giveaway to get his goal.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am

No beats.....the people that actually pay to watch them play are happy for a win....Does not mean all issues are resolved and I don't expect them to win every game. Just want them to compete consitently and be ready for a game. Every team can have a stinker from time to time. I am sure others will agree.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:46 am

Very happy for them and I concur with all the positive observations above, but one game does not a season make! Here's hoping the wins keep on coming, or, at least some effort and focus is there.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Ballie played spectacular. He totally outshone Viseton. I was so happy to see him play so well , and hope this boosts his confidence. He played solid and made the saves to keep us in the game and allow our team to win.

We made mistakes...but the overall feel of the game , for me, was one of small steps. Balanced scoring, Jensen has been overdue, Labardo chipped one in, Lessio chipped one in, Jenner getting one and Andy getting one. The powerplay looked simplified, Kudos to the coaching staff, and there was a lot of less individual efforts on the ice last night.

Niagra looked really good on a lot of plays, and they showed some real moments of brilliant passing plays. Nice to watch a competive game from both teams.
Solid effort. Hope we can continue tonight in Sudbury.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:The powerplay looked simplified, Kudos to the coaching staff, and there was a lot of less individual efforts on the ice last night.

The only thing that really drives me crazy about the powerplay is Lessio (and I don't mean to pick on him but he did it last night there are other "stars" that do this too) doesn't want to get in front of the net. He hangs out near the hash marks looking for a one timer. That won't work on the powerplay. Get in front of the net and screen that goaltender.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down