Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens land altshuller

+4
steamed
jaycro
mygens
JPH
8 posters

Go down

Gens land altshuller Empty Gens land altshuller

Post by JPH Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:58 pm

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Gens land altshuller Empty Re: Gens land altshuller

Post by mygens Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:45 pm

looks like a great acquisition to me , he 's young , yet has had a lot of success , in the international scene representing canada , , he's also ranked pretty high for the 2012 draft , excellent ! good move dipiero ! this kid will play for us for a few years as well . .........i like it we start out the year with what looks like solid goaltending .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

On Daniel Altshuller's twitter page, he notes..." proud and honoured to be the newest member of the Oshawa Generals...". He was the third goalie chosen in 2010 after Jake Paterson by Saginaw, Matt Murray of the Soo and before Brandon Hope in Sarnia and the latter two are highly regarded. He was selected by Belleville in the third round, #4 I believe, after we selected Josh Brown. Would have been a much cheaper acquisition if The Gens had taken him ahead of Brown in that slot. Hindsight is almost always 100%!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:28 pm

There is a lot of hype on Daniel Altshuller and he has the stat's to back it, and I do hope he is the answer,but where does this move leave Baillie?
I do go on twitter and follow the gen's players and OHL, Baillie up to now was all over twitter posting but ever since the trade he is no where to be found,I'm sure he dosn't feel all fuzzy and warm right now as he is still more than likely a back up again or not in the Gen's plans as Daniel was more than likely told that he's was the go to guy.I know I wouldn't be a happy camper.I'm also sure that Dips will find a home for Baillie as he is an OA next season and still ain't a #1 goalie.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I feel bad for Baillie--I hope they at least let him start the season and try to prove himself. I follow him on twitter and I know hes worked hard this summer. Can Altshuller who has NO OHL experience really care us through the season? If Ballie can't do it, I'd still want to see a guy with proven experience in net and maybe this kid as a back up.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

5forfighting wrote:I feel bad for Baillie--I hope they at least let him start the season and try to prove himself. I follow him on twitter and I know hes worked hard this summer. Can Altshuller who has NO OHL experience really care us through the season? If Ballie can't do it, I'd still want to see a guy with proven experience in net and maybe this kid as a back up.

Absolutely no way this happens. You don't give away this amount of picks for a backup. I'm sure Bailie worked hard this summer, although I'm sure he works hard every summer. With the 99% fact that I'm sure Aschuller will be #1 (and probably was promised number 1 status), coupled with your observation regarding no OHL experience, works that much more against Bailie. I'd be starting Aschuller most games to gain that experience.

As experienced as Bailie is I would not call it "proven" experience. We can agree that the best thing Bailie can do is come to camp and work his ass off, whether it pays off here, or elsewhere.

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 am

Either goaltender is unproven, I really hope they haven't handed the season over to an unprooven 17 year old without making him have to earn the spot in camp.

I will believe it when i see it.

The Gens with a few tweaks should be better then last year, I see this as a step backwards right now.

I remember Baile and Zador two first round picks, two highly touted players and neither was our saviour.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:55 am

5forfighting wrote:I feel bad for Baillie--I hope they at least let him start the season and try to prove himself. I follow him on twitter and I know hes worked hard this summer. Can Altshuller who has NO OHL experience really care us through the season? If Ballie can't do it, I'd still want to see a guy with proven experience in net and maybe this kid as a back up.

If you follow Ballie on twitter did you noticed he wasn't on yesterday at all ( day of the trade) I'm wondering if he is pissed Mad I know I would be.
Ballie will more than likely be back up again because you don't give all thoughs draft picks away for Altshuller for him to be sitting on the bench as a backup thats why he didn't want to report to the Bulls as Suban is there #1 and will get the majority of the games.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 am

I think it is too early to get excited with this trade. The kid, although is obviously thought of high, has never played a game in the OHL. Hopefully he is what we all want.

I also don't understand the draft picks involved. How can we trade our 2nd round pick in 2012 when we don't have it? We lost it to Niagara when Lessio decided to stay with the Gens. Here is the story... http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3905307

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 am

I can't understand anyone not thinking this is a big step in the right direction for this team. It's a talented group right now that is in need of a #1 goaltender. Dips picked up a goaltender whose destination for the upcoming season was a topic around the league. He has already enjoyed some international success and he is receiving a lot of attention from central scouting. Being that he is 17 years old it is highly likely that he will be with the team for a few years and nothing from the current roster was sacrificed to get him.............sure, a few picks went the other way but picks can always be reacquired..................complain that we don't have a goalie, then complain about the one we get........i don't get it.........
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:03 pm

It's not that i'm not excited about the trade, it's just hard to say he's the answer when he's never played at this level. Hopefully he can do what the Gens need him to do, the thing is theres a chance that he's a complete bust. Your not getting a proven goalie at this level, and thats scary, when thats what we need right now.

That said if it works out we have him for years, or can easily get the picks back for him we gave up.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 pm

The picks are far enough in advance we can recover them at a later date..
we didn't give up a body.

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

5 goals in 50 minutes of non stop time

Bailie let in 0 in about 35-40 mintes.

Hoping for more, it is early though.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Didnt have a prayer on most of those...............
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 am

Bailie looked good, but also had way lower quality chances against. Altshuller let in 2 that I think were suspect. But also made about half a dozen saves that were sure goals. Also for whatever reason before his start Atlshuller never really took any warmup, or practice shots, just 5 or so at his blocker. He looked almost asleep at first , especially with the first goal. But he seems to love to steal some goals with pretty remarkable saves.

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 am

He's definately fast, but i thought he looked a little sleepy to at the start.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 am

It's only scrimage Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:45 pm

true
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:38 pm

From www.hockeybuzz.com

Brian Huddle

Yesterday I posted a short blog on two netminders that both were gaining significant attention in the draft/prospect junkie community. It didn't take long til I had comments in the blog and BBMs from close friends in the OHL World who had one question for me.

"Where is Altshuller?"

You got me, folks. Altshuller completely skipped my mind when I threw my blog together, so I figured I'd put one on him only together. I hope this makes up for my brain fart.

Originally drafted by the Belleville Bulls, Altshuller was unable to crack a squad that had Malcolm Subban already slightly ahead of him. But that didn't stop him from drawing eyes making both Team Ontario at the U-17's and Team Canada for the Ivan Hlinka.

Belleville pulled the trigger and eventually Altshuller was a member of the Oshawa Generals organization where he would get his chance to prove something in the OHL. Otherwise, it looked like he would have been NCAA bound.

Listed at six-foot-three and 190 pounds, Altshuller is a big netminder who plays to his strengths filling out the net and cutting down angles. He plays calm and poised in net with good reflexes and the ability to move laterally quite well.

If there's a goalie to watch in the OHL, this would be him.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I haven't seen Baillie play this year so I can't comment on him, however, I can 100% say I'm still nervous when it comes to goaltending. I don't think Altshuller is the saviour we are looking for. The kid is still young, we need a goalie with some more experience and proven record if the teams wants to make a decent run this year. Altshuller in two years will probably be a fantastic goalie.

I also noticed the defence to be a little weak the last few games, I hope with the return of Colin and hopefully (sooner then later) the return of Valentine it will pull them together. The team itself has to be lacking some form of leadership as their captian and assistants aren't around......Just my opinion though:)

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

I heard that Valentine sayed on his twitter account that hes sticken around in nashville and hopes to break through and kepp doing what hes doing.So as of now hes not coming back just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:51 pm

gensfanforever wrote:I heard that Valentine sayed on his twitter account that hes sticken around in nashville and hopes to break through and kepp doing what hes doing.So as of now hes not coming back just yet.

Hasn't sign a contract yet,maybe Nashville wants to look at him for another ex game.
I hope he is back this year Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down