Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorial Cup Bid?

4 posters

Go down

Memorial Cup Bid? Empty Memorial Cup Bid?

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:19 am

Oshawa Generals Hockey Club President Rocco Tullio announced today that the team has appointed Mr. Duncan Stauth as Vice President of Business Operations.
Stauth brings to the Generals a wealth of business experience having most recently served as the Executive Vice President of the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors Hockey Club and Committee Chair of the Host Organizing Committee for the very successful 2011 MasterCard Memorial Cup held in Mississauga last May.

Stauth joins the Generals replacing Mr. Peter Burchowycz who left the Generals to pursue other interests in the United States.

Seems to me like the person you would want to bring on board if putting in a bid in the near future. Clearly I could be reading into it, but I also remember the organization saying they would be looking to put in a bid for one of the next two times the OHL hosts the championship. (if i remember correctly they stated this after not putting a bid in for the 2011 cup, after being unsuccessful in there 2008 bid)
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Memorial Cup Bid? Empty Re: Memorial Cup Bid?

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 am

From the Gens site

Rick Radovski has joined the Generals Business Staff in the role of Director of Marketing and Sales. Bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Generals front office, Rick will play a key role in many of the Club’s initiatives moving forward.

The native of Scarborough, who now resides in Brooklin, recently served as Event Manager of the 2011 Mastercard Memorial Cup while also working with the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors as Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, a role he had held since the Majors moved to the Hershey Centre in 2007. Prior to that, He served as Vice-President of Business Operations with the Mississauga IceDogs for two seasons.

Rick, along with recently appointed VP of Business Operations Duncan Stauth were two key members of the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors Hockey Club the last number of years and played significant roles in last year’s very successful Mastercard Memorial Cup which was held in Mississauga.

Welcome Rick!

Another interesting move could be co-incidence, I guess....

the funny thing to me is where is this team gonna be the next time we get a shot at hosting? I would think rebuilding, again i'd also be in favor of starting a rebuild now just like what windsor did, as long as its done properly.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 am

We can't keep rebuilding we've been doing it for too long now, with some right moves this year we may make a run for it this season. Can't keep rebuilding.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Funny Archer Fan I was just reading the article and thing the exact samething...

I attended the 2011 memorial cup and I have to say I didn't think it was all that great. I have attend others in years passed and felt they were a lot more "festive".

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Well I don't know if u can blame that on staff, the Majors are a joke of an organization because they don't have enough support from fans, brampton and mississauga are so close they are killing each other. Not much difference then of putting a team in pickering.

As for the rebuild I mentioned steamed, obviously I would love a champion ship this year, but this season is shaking up to be exactly where we were 4 years ago, good solid core, needed a goalie, Belleville was a much better team, we went for it and couldn't match up. Then spent two years out of the playoffs trying to rebuild. This year I see Niagara and possibly Ottawa as our Belleville, Windsor in the same position got younger made the playoffs, and then won two consecutive memorial cups. So if there was a better chance of that working then what our current situation is then i'm all for it.

I want championsips, if its not achievable theres no sence wasting 4 more years. That said see where we are at in December, we have alot of talent, and only time will tell if we are a championship caliber team.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 pm

i dont think ottawa is gonna be that good there missing half of there top scorers from last year unless they all return i donèt see ottawa doing nething but i could be wrong,also i hope the gens do well this year i guess it all depends who comes back from nhl camps.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down