Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Memorial Cup bid ????

+3
nerfherder
TipcoSr
Gens Camper
7 posters

Go down

2014 Memorial Cup bid ???? Empty 2014 Memorial Cup bid ????

Post by Gens Camper Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Everyone from the owner on down indicates that the GENS will make a bid for the Memorial Cup in 2014.

In order to do this you need a team that will compete at a championship level , so this makes me think changes

will happen sooner rather than later , we need to get younger and need draft picks , of which we have few.

So who would bring the most in return - Thomas - Jensen and Biggs if the right offer is made 1 , 2 or 3 will be gone.

2013 is at Sasktoon so I corected this thread!!

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

2014 Memorial Cup bid ???? Empty Re: 2014 Memorial Cup bid ????

Post by TipcoSr Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:01 pm

I think Jenner would bring in more than Thomas, Jensen or Biggs right now. That may change if Thomas makes the WJs, but Jenner right now is a force. I would hate to see any of them go, because they are playing well below potential and anything can happen in the playoffs, but you are correct, they will not win the bid if they can't ice a team that can compete in 2014.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm

TipcoSr wrote:I think Jenner would bring in more than Thomas, Jensen or Biggs right now. That may change if Thomas makes the WJs, but Jenner right now is a force. I would hate to see any of them go, because they are playing well below potential and anything can happen in the playoffs, but you are correct, they will not win the bid if they can't ice a team that can compete in 2014.

They have to make the playoffs for anything to happen and right now it doesn't look good

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 am

We need make the playoffs in order to bid? i think if we want to bid we actually have to try and miss the playoffs, top import pick, top draft pick, and lots of draft picks and young players after a fire sale.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GENius-2011 Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 am

There are 2 big issues with the GENS making a bid to host the cup.

1. The team needs support from the City. I think it is fair to say that if the GENS and the City are currently in arbitration their isn't a good relationship. I am sure the arbitration is about more than having HD screens.

2. I heard from a few different sources that the CHL wasn't happy with last years Memorial Cup in Mississauga. So it may hurt Oshawa's chances by having staff (Duncan Stauth and Rick Radovski) from St. Mike's working on this bid. Which begs the questions, If it was such a big success why would St. Mike's let these guys go?

GENius-2011

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

GENius-2011 wrote:There are 2 big issues with the GENS making a bid to host the cup.

1. The team needs support from the City. I think it is fair to say that if the GENS and the City are currently in arbitration their isn't a good relationship. I am sure the arbitration is about more than having HD screens.

2. I heard from a few different sources that the CHL wasn't happy with last years Memorial Cup in Mississauga. So it may hurt Oshawa's chances by having staff (Duncan Stauth and Rick Radovski) from St. Mike's working on this bid. Which begs the questions, If it was such a big success why would St. Mike's let these guys go?

Can't say anything about your first point but on your 2nd CHL wasn't happy with last years Memorial Cup in Mississauga.
maybe it was because the lack of attendance and has nothing to do with Duncan Stauth and Rick Radovski.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 am

If the Gens couldn't get the Memorial Cup when they had Tavares (who was the best player in the CHL at the time) and a brand spanking new arena, then there's no chance they are getting it in 2014 - however, if hiring former St. Mike's employees will improve their chances, then there's only person who they should be bringing in from that organization and that is Eugene Melynk ... cause his deep pockets were the only reason why Mississauga was awarded the Memorial Cup!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:25 pm

It was more the owners and their poor bid than the team

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down