Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID????

+3
archer_gens
Oshawa fan
LX
7 posters

Go down

2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID???? Empty 2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID????

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Is there a shot that oshawa wins the bid and we get that big tourney here in oshawa or will they not have a competitive team to do so then????

Back to top Go down

2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID???? Empty Re: 2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID????

Post by LX Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

My opinon- We won't get it. Not a chance. I doubt we would have a competitive team next season, also I don't think the league wants it here. We had Tavares and they didn't let us host.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Whats with the league, better yet whats with david branch,what the hecks he got against our city and our great storied and historic franchise. A man who is suppossed to be unbiased and fair towards all citys and teams in the league he runs yet we continually have the worst reffing game in and game out and we never get the big ticket events that happen in the league.I have heard this over and over again about mr. branch that he litterlly hates us here in oshawa.If this is so true why is there not an invenstigation done to prove it and if true then he removed from his position. For a man of his position he must give every team a fair deal and if that team has the money and everything else to hold such events as the MEM CUP then that said team should get that chance but oh hell no says branch right.Thats a big barrel of BS to me, but what do we matter we are just the fans.And on the other hand we have the 4 blind mice on a nightlly basis giving phantom calls, blind to such infractions against us and the other thing is mr. branch loves to hand out a lenthy suspension to any of our players whenever posiable.The OHL has got to be one of the greatest leagues in the world and its awesome to watch,i love it,but its got one problem and its the guy who runs the league. HES A JOKE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

When Tavares was here the Gens apparently made a very poor presentation.

I don't think the 2014 team will warrant a host bid.

Granted Branch makes some unusual decisions but I do not see any evidence that he is biased against Oshawa. I think most teams feel that way from time to time.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 am

The only way I see us being ready for 2014 would be to do what the Spits did, take a competitor that won't likely win and trade away assets for the future. If the Gens are willing to trade, Lessio, Jenner and a few others and start building for 2014 then we could host.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

It would be hard to trade away significant pieces of this year's team if they are still in first or second place.

I don't think they have enough for win this year but they certainly have enough for a good playoff run.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Lets just still hope the gens are still in 1st or 2nd place after the world junoirs are over,like i said in another thread its all about who sticks and who comes back and how the team performs with big players gone that will determine what the gens do at the trade deadline.!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Do you think that Dave Branch was in some way influenced when the Generals fired Barclay Branch along with George Burnett? I would not have renewed our season's tickets if Burnett had been back in Oshawa. He performed more like he did in Edmonton and not like Belleville. Even the Belleville fans find him out of touch at times.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:13 pm

On the other hand they hired Barclay in the first place so they should have got some credit for that. Very Happy

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

2014 MEMORIAL CUP BID???? Empty 2014 BID

Post by Gens Camper Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm

We have as good a team next year as most even with our stars leaving

With Laughton , Cassels and Del Cole - strong center - defence will be fine with a stud drafted in the 1 st round in net sound

We have most of our players drafted last year playing Tier 2 jr now and will be ready next year

Our 1st rd pick was the only player to make this years team , the rest are getting lots of ice in tier 2

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Cant see us being competitive to put in a bid. Not sure if they will have the community backing but i would like to see kingston put in a bid. This team is looking like its ready to be competitive for the next few years. Or maybe london in the west.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:27 am

2017 folks. Too much graduation.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down