Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings

5 posters

Go down

CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings  Empty CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings

Post by LX Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 pm

well, we didnt make the top 10. but go an Honourable Mention.. maybe we will go higher if all of our players come back to the team.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/chl-announces-preseason-bmo-chl-mastercard-top-10-rankings/103584

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings  Empty Re: CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings

Post by jaycro Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

A lot depends on Valentine and Maggio returning and how our goaltending situation turns out and the Gens are still a 'young team'. I still think next year is the Mem Cup run if all our "stars" are still around.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm

i really dont expect all of our top guns to be around next year.. 3 OA from this year r gone for sure, i dont expect thomas to be around after this year. maybe not jenner, or jensen either.. i'd make the push for this year.... if everyone is back

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:42 am

Maggio is not going to an nhl camp, correct me if i'm wrong. So Valentine is the key piece on the back end. not to sound like a broken record but with everyone back I think we are a defencemen and goalie away from a good run. That said we might not need a goalie if we get the defenceman and altshuller plays like he did tonight. Although even if he's playing really well do u make a run with a rookie? especially with our window closing?

If we don't get a few of our guys back to you rebuild this year? Crazy? maybe windsor did it though with a team almost just like ours, they traded pieces that wouldn't be back and campe out swinging 3 straight years.

This is something that I wouldn't like to see, unless done 100% properly of course.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Archer you are correct- Maggio played last night in Peterborough. It appears he didn't sign with NY and is now a free agent. I did notice Sullentrop played, perhaps the his camp starts later.

I did read an interesting article this morning from LA stating that Andy Andreoff could be making a run to play for Manchester. They were saying how last year how LA had a tough time deciding what to do with Schenn because he couldnt go to the AHL so they sent him back, where with Andy having a four years experince in the league and being an overager he could possible be shipped to Manchester instead. It seems their roster this year is a little weak. If anyone is on Twitter and would like to read it, I believe it was posted by NHLMayor.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:10 am

ya they would have to sign him, so u would think he would have to prove that he has a shot at playing nhl hockey in the future

not a shot at andreoff, well maybe it is, just the fact that he will really need to impress if he's gonna get an entry year deal.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down