Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generals vs Bulls September 30th

+4
jaycro
generalsfan
Gens Camper
archer_gens
8 posters

Go down

Generals vs Bulls September 30th Empty Generals vs Bulls September 30th

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Lets get are home record to .500 tonight and keep it above that for the rest of the season. Gens won't run into a hot goaltender tonight, and I'd guess there back up plays as Subban played last night, and they are doing 3 games in 3 nights, with the other goalie having yet to make a start.

Jenner, Lessio are both expected back tonight. So that should help the PP.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Generals vs Bulls September 30th Empty Re: Generals vs Bulls September 30th

Post by Gens Camper Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:37 pm

You could be right as Subban stones us on most nights.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Even though Subban played last night, my gut feeling is leaning towards Subban starting again tonight. Between how the Petes looked in their exhibition game with us at the GMC, and Niagara's results so far, I'd say Belleville's toughest game of the 3 in 3 is the one with us. Because of that, I think they'd want to start their #1. Just another possibility to throw out there...their thinking might be to give Subban the 2 starts against divisional opponents. By starting Subban against Peterborough and Oshawa, their rationale for Chartrand's 1 game could be to give him a home start against a former team of his (Niagara).

ETA: Chartrand it is...according to @Oshawa_Generals Twitter. So much for that prediction. Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Same old, same old... terrible powerplay, lack of sustained pressure in the offensive end, coughing the puck up in the defensive end, lack of individual discipline and too many chintzy penalties including another check to the head and probably another suspension! This is one frustrating hockey team we have right now and seems to lack leadership at all levels. It will get better; not sure when!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 pm

a new coach will help.. but we're stuck with what we got... at first i was getting upset with the brutal refs, then i remembered, we're playin belleville.. so it makes sence.. does anyone know if Maggio is injured, cause he was rly off his game today

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:26 pm

wow.....what a mess of a game that was Exclamation no flow, chipy& scramblely. seems like the boys wanted to play like Individuals tonight instead of team...bright spot was Altshuller who played well under the Circumstances
oh well at least its only 3 games in
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:53 pm

We need a leader on the Blueline! and we need it now!

Not that the defence was the issue tonight, u really can'y blame a defence letting in only 2 goals a game.

However Calvin could run the offence from the blue line for us, shouting orders and keeping control, there was no control out there tonight.

I'm lost and confused that we are allowing so few goals and getting so few. I was thinking 6-5 type games this year where last goal wins not 1st goal.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Maggio off his game? Maybe I don't see his redeeming qualities, but he looks more like a cinderblock on skates most nights. He seems to love cutting into the offensive zone and trying to make chances, which would be great if he didnt a) make too many moves, and b) wasn't as slow as he is. As soon as he lost that puck for Bulls first goal, I knew there was no way he was catching anyone.

I'm also glad that DP has really taken team discipline into consideration for this year. That head hit towards the end of the game was ridiculous. I'd expect 10 games or so for that.

I'm running out of "wait until _______ comes back" excuses, simply because we just played a team, who was on the road, on their second game in 2 nights, who dressed 15 players, and we could not take advantage. No one can argue once our full lineup is back and had some practices we will be great, but right now we have issues.

Labardo played well. Altshuller was good. Rest of the team had their moments.

May as well toss in one last point. Is it really that hard to get a team fired up to start a game? We sleepwalk the first period it seems. Even our win, the first was a mess. Especially on home ice. I think it's the coaches job to get the guys fired up.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I have been saying that for years...that the "inspirational" speech Dips gives...is not very good. I think he should let someone else "motivate" the guys for the first period. Personally, I think they should play the clips that played last year, before the game, about "What it means to be a General" followed up by the AC/DC clip of the hits and scraps....if that doesn't get the juices flowing...they are dead!!!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down