Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th

+2
drifter
archer_gens
6 posters

Go down

Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th Empty Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 pm

bounce

Generals are going into there opener with a 1-1 record.

Hockey's back and I'm thrilled.

Does anyone know if they are doing anything pre game outside?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th Empty Re: Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th

Post by drifter Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Yes Chris they are. Same as last year. A band and burgers ect.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th Empty Re: Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Game Day is Finally Here!

Petes lost bad last night. Dagostini should be in net for the Petes tonight I would think.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Generals Home Opener Friday September 28th Empty Home opener

Post by Gens Camper Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes finally - game ON

BUT - Petes lost season opener to us then next night beat Ottawa in Ottawa

Last night they outplayed and outshot Erie 48 - 30 - BUT lost 5 - 1

So does mean they are out to avenge the GENS beating them 1 week ago

I EXPECT A VERY TOUGH GAME

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:47 am

Good effort last night. Powerplay looked really great on the first goal. Good home opener.

Hope they can keep it up for the rest of the weekend.

Not sure if it was just me but the video seemed worse than ever last night looking from the west end. It was useless.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I agree with you, Oshawa Fan. The video screen is almost impossible to see. Very amateurish! Needs attention as I think it's worse than last year.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 pm

First Great Home opener, good times before the game outside.

Totally agree about the video screen but until the city want to "buck up" the $$$ to get a real one we are stuck with it. I would actually be better if they turned it off. Sound still sucks for announcing from where I am sitting.

Now for some game notes:

Good all around energy from all. Didn’t really see stupid penalties other than the boarding call on Hunter Smith…..he sat for a while after that.
Nice to see Lessio concentrating on his role made some nice plays. Good leadership from Jenner all game. Laughton wow! Man I love to watch him play does all the small things right each & every time. Thought the defense was good but it wasn’t really tested (pressured) much overall, same as Altshuller, not a lot of pressure from the Petes who looked very scrambley at times.

The boys were skating & hitting very well also didn’t see too many errant passes which is always a good thing.
Think the defense is still getting used to DJ’s systems but all in all a good game. Noticed Burke at the game watching his prized possession(biggs) have a good game. The best part of the whole game for me was the last 31/2 minutes when only the following guys saw the ice 3,5,14,10,18,19,34,23,71 this was I great move by DJ…..this will help later on in the season.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Shocked

First of all great atmosphere in the building compated to past openers that were a little dead looking.

I saw a terrible Petes team and an average Generals team last night. The Gens looked amazing at times, however at other times looked like they were not playing as a team and were on there heals.

Saying that I really think if the Gens play the entire season like they did in the 3rd, really out working outplaying there opponent, even if it didn't show up on the score board, this team is only going to gel, get better, and will be playoff bound much easier then last season.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Also agree with gensrock re the sound. Hard to hear anything but the music. The game announcer's voice seems muffled...not crisp and yet, he is a professional from the local radio station, I believe.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down