Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday Sept 25th/09

+4
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
Gens Camper
archer_gens
8 posters

Go down

Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday  Sept 25th/09 Empty Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday Sept 25th/09

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm

this Should be a good game on friday with the gens winning of course and i am looking forward to seeing the new guys play on friday,

GO Gens GO.

Back to top Go down

Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday  Sept 25th/09 Empty Re: Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday Sept 25th/09

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:30 pm

don't forget to enter the draw to win a camaro

anyword on Dehaan?

either way glad that the season will finally be under way in Oshawa
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday  Sept 25th/09 Empty Re: Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday Sept 25th/09

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm

ThePetes are 2-0 so far but the wins came against brampton and belleville. 5 goals total, 3 against.... If i'm not mistaken they are not going to be good teams this year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:23 pm

yep no word on Dehaan that i know of yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 am

The Petes should be top 4 with that team

Kassian - Spooner and Peumpel - that is a good foundation

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:28 pm

time to hand the petes a second loss in a row

Greyhounds 5 Petes 3 in Peterborough
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 pm

I for one am looking foward to tonights game. And of course...being an avid fan of Hayes, I was very excited to see him named captain. What a good work ethic and example for the young guys.

For a team that was suppossed to be struggling for offense, we have been putting the puck in the net. Lets go boys!!! 4 point weekend.

Go Gens Go!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Blow 2 two goal leads and the end result is a loss. We out shot and as far as i'm concerned out played them. But the defence made a few to many mistakes and Zador just sucked. 15 goals is 3 games for him, not looking good.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:06 am

wow that's not very good stats for zador we'll probably see bailie in net on sundy he din't do that in relief of zador tonight he even stopped a penalty shot when he came in ice cold

Last edited by generalsfan4life on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 am

Zador had an exceptionally bad game, I'd like to see him given a chance to redeem himself personally. It wouldn't be good to be dwelling on that bad a performance for a week. That being said, it's hard to argue the decision of starting Bailie, he did play well.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:10 am

One bad performance calls for another chance..... he's averaged letting 5 goals in a game though in 3 games..... give Bailie a chance now. I'd like a play until you lose scenario. You win you play you lose you sit.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 am

archer_gens wrote:One bad performance calls for another chance..... he's averaged letting 5 goals in a game though in 3 games..... give Bailie a chance now. I'd like a play until you lose scenario. You win you play you lose you sit.

Hey Archer.......ever herd of the "we win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM concept?"....our defence is young and will make mistakes...you can't put this all on the goalies.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:57 am

It's not the amount of goals but the way they went in (relatively harmless shots going five-hole). This one is squarely on Zador in the same way that you can have a baseball game where a team winning 2-0 late in the game brings in a relief pitcher who throws one bad pitch and gives up a 3-run homer. However, you have to look at their performance over the long term. This isn't Di Renzo, we all know Zador is a better goalie than he showed yesterday and that's why he deserves the chance at redemption. All goalies have games like that where nothing seems to go right ... or at least a 90-second stretch where he was awful at the end of the second period. Giving him another start gives him the message that "Hey, you had a bad game but we know you're a great goalie so go out there and do what you usually do". Not starting him could mean a loss of confidence and there is nothing worse than a goalie without confidence. Over 40-50 starts, I'm sure Zador's numbers will be great and we'll forget all about this one.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Home Opener Petes Vs Gens Friday  Sept 25th/09 Empty Bailie vs Zador

Post by llyewelyn Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:09 pm

What has Zador ever done to suggest he is/was/ever will be better than our 1st round draft pick Bailie ? Buzzer: Nuttin. Oh I know...he is from the mighty London Knights--who dumped him like a hot potato.

Management should stop trying to pretend that they got something out last year's trade except "a one way ticket to palookaville" ( I watched "On the Waterfront" for the upteenth time last night.)

Embarassed

llyewelyn

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 pm

He had a greater than .900 save percentage with a weak team after Tavares left last year. Those are good numbers for somebody who hadn't yet reached his 18th birthday.I'm not suggesting Bailie doesn't have more potential over the long term - I'm saying that Zador is better right now. You shouldn't rush a young goalie into the #1 position like the Gens did with Anthony Peters. On the positive side, Peters looks really good so far with Saginaw! (3-0-0, 1.95, .944)

You have to be really careful with goalies.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:56 pm

I missed three goals filling out a ballot for the Camaro. That paddle save Baille made was amazing. He took away a goal for sure. See ya Sunday. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 am

gensrock wrote:
archer_gens wrote:One bad performance calls for another chance..... he's averaged letting 5 goals in a game though in 3 games..... give Bailie a chance now. I'd like a play until you lose scenario. You win you play you lose you sit.

Hey Archer.......ever herd of the "we win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM concept?"....our defence is young and will make mistakes...you can't put this all on the goalies.

I'm going to agree with Archer on this one. Zador has not been good enough, and since this is a team game, lets use the part of the team that has started on the bench the last 3 games. What you want is for one goalie to push the other. For the most part since Bailies' bad game vs. London last October he has come in for "mop-up" duty. This is not meant to be a knock on Zador, but lets see what happens if Bailie comes in and looks good. A little friendly competition for the starters' spot can benefit the team.

"Pressure doesn't build character. It reveals it." I heard that in the movie "Dodgeball." I'm sure somebody much wiser said it first.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks 112..... as for gens rock ur right its a team game and we have 3 goalies currently..... why keep 3 if ur only going to play one..... Cooper shouldn't be up he's gonna rot in the press box. From there Bailie and Zador should be splitting the time 50/50 as i believe they both have equal potential. I totally realize that its not all Zadors fault.... however 15 goals is to much and theres no reason to have Bailie on this team if he's not going to be able to push Zador. Also I didn't see the 10 away goals, but the home goals were not just the defences fault. Zador looked weak.

Loss of confiedence what do u think they've done to Bailie.... he was supposed to be the man.... then we bring in Zador and play Bailie once in a blue moon.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down