Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game

+5
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
JPH
ohagan
JokesandPranks
9 posters

Go down

Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game Empty Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game

Post by JokesandPranks Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:25 pm

somebody please tell Roger that fighting is a part of the game ... I'm so tired of him whining about fighting whenever the players drop the gloves ... fighting is an entertaining part of the game (some nights, it's the only entertaining part), I wish he would stop putting a damper on the excitement with his cry-baby commentary ... other than that, I think he does a great job with the play-by-play ... on a side note, Mike Luck is a great addition to the telecast!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game Empty Re: Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:33 pm

rogers rug must have fallen off when the line brawl happenrd

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game Empty Re: Rogers Broadcast Of Gens/Petes Friday Night Game

Post by JPH Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 am

I have found the last couple of seasons with Rog are getting worse, he is more of a homer now then before. My main thing is his constant whining about fights. "OH AND NOWWW WE'RE GUNNA HAVE A FIGHT" I was at the game, and not until I opened this thread, that I thought of him. Almost enough to make me want to watch the repeat.

In all reality though, he is much better than a majority of the OHL broadacst teams.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:26 am

Did Roger not hear the fans? Did he not see the standing ovation behind the bench when our guys went off? The fans are not offended by the rough stuff....we know it is part of the game. I don't understand why there is such a big push is to move away from physical contact and having fair battles if the two want to go. We didn't start all of the physical stuff tonight, but we sure didn't just take it either.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 am

Even if you like fights, you don't think tonight was maybe perhaps, a little excessive?

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 am

excessive on a nightly basis, yes i agree, but for a gens petes game, it was good

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:56 am

hockeybeats wrote:Even if you like fights, you don't think tonight was maybe perhaps, a little excessive?

Not at all. I have seen worse.....with less reason
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 am

Excessive...not in my opinion for the last nights game. The Pete's were trying to change the momentum. They are bigger than the Gens and tried to be bullies. It is refreshing to see we will not be bullied this year and can still stay focused enough to win the game. And last night's game will most likely not be a regular occurance, but if the team has, to then I am all for supporting a tough skilled team. And that is what I saw last night.

Hayes#21

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:13 am

I actually thought last night was pretty silly. I am not a fan of fights. I understand that there is a time for a fight but some of what happened last night was just ridiculous. Fights off face offs or when you step out of the penalty box are not necessary. When someone runs your goaltender that I understand.

We have come a long way from the bench clearing brawls of the past but the line brawl reminded me of days past.

Poor officiating was in part to blame. The officials had a couple of chances to crackdown but failed miserably.

There is a risk of serious injury when the game gets out of hand as it did last night. I do not want a skilled guy breaking a finger or hand. Worse I do not want to see a head injury because of a blow to the head or bang on the ice on a takedown or trip during a fight.

I appreciate that not many agree with my views but thats fine with me. I actually agree if Roger was critical of the fights. I did not hear the broadcast as I was at the game.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:22 pm

I can completely understand your point of view. I truly do not believe anyone wants any player on any team to be seriously injured. The fight out of the penaly box was purely due to both guys being embarassed. They dropped the gloves to fight and got a 2 minute penalty. They wanted to prove something to themselves. That was a pride thing.

I don't think anyone on this board wants serious injuries to our players or other teams players.

We are just excited that we have team with some passion and drive this year, which we have been lacking for many years. A real team that will do whatever it takes to win a game. If it means making great goals...we can do it, if it means we have to play rough...we can that too. It was refreshing to see a team committment last night. It has been a very long time since we can say that as fans. We are enthusiastic about the potential and the effort.

We were not going to be run out of our building like we have in the past.

Hayes#21

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:54 pm

I like a good hockey fight as much as the next gal, but I do think last night got to be a bit much. While I agree that we want the team to be tough and stand up for themselves, there is a point when it becomes fighting for fighting's sake and is unnecessary. If someone runs a goalie or lands a dirty hit, by all means stand up for the player and fight so teams will know they can't run you over, but dropping the gloves just for show isn't necessary. I think we'll all find this year's bigger, faster Gens really entertaining even if they don't fight. It's going to be a great season of hockey. GO Gens GO! cheers

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 pm

The Petes are not bigger than this crop of GENS or TOUGHER

The refs are learning but last night was brutal - he gives out 2 minors instead of 10 min - and soon as the 2 players are out of the box - lets go

The Petes had no self control and no discipline from the coach

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down