Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M

+7
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Generalizations
archer_gens
drifter
GENNY
Gens_Fan_22
Gens Camper
11 posters

Go down

Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M Empty Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 am

Well here we go again - try to measure up with our arch rival - PETES

The Petes get roughed up tonight playing Missy at home then travel to play our rested troups.

Having outshot the PETES in every game this year and outscored and lost each time is heart breaking.

We will start the night off by honouring our 2 SILVER players - DE Hann and Jenner - great job

The GENS must play better than last night in Belleville and I think they will

By adding Calvin and a rested Jenner will be huge boost to team morale.

I think this will be a GREAT game - don't miss it

GO GENS GO
-

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M Empty Re: Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Baillie deserves the start in goal. He seems to be the better goalie at the moment. His confidence leve has risen where Zadors has left the building.
Should be a great game and honoring de Haan and Jenner will be great to see. they should both be proud of their accomplishments.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M Empty Re: Petes vs Gens - Friday Jan 8 th - 7:30 P M

Post by GENNY Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil PETERBOROUGH Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I just love this team.
Hey Drifter! We'll be at the monk for the pregame warmup! cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok. And I to was at the game last night. Dibbs only dressed 16 of the lads. So the bench was already short. Fo those of you that know of my away bell (Thanks Dave Milton) I was appoched by a Bulls fan saying how great and how loud it was. She wanted to buy it. (Not for sale) LOL. See you at the Monk Genny.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am

any word on Nick? anyone watch the tv....listen to the radio?

Gens win but what a price to pay....

i somehow missed the hit

if anyone wants to fill me in please do
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 am

it was kassisan that hit him that's all i know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 am

We played a well disciplined game overall. I hope Esposto will be okay. Sure looked good that Stokes laid a couple good hits on Kassian. It was even better seeing him hang his head in shame when we scored in overtime :-)

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 am

was it a dirty hit?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:59 am

it didn't seem like it and congrats to emerson clark on scoring his 1st OHL goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:00 am

yes good job Emerson
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:05 am

It was only fitting that the Generals steal the puck off Kassisan and score a shorthanded goal in overtime. I loved it. What a game. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:22 pm

The hit was right in front of me , I said to my wife look out this is not going to be good . Esposto looked down in his feet to find the puck , then the train hit him , Esposto was right along the boards , not a dirty hit however Kassian could have eased up , I thought Esposto was going thru the glass
Sore head today , cut on bridge of noise , was talking when he left the ice

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by theohl Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 pm

I think that the overtime winner was one of the loudest crowd goal celebrations all year...it was rockin.

Good job to Emerson Clark on his first goal. Who has been impressed with his offense lately? He's been getting more chances every game. Something must have happened between him and the coach on his role on the team because now he's trying to score...and did, instead of going out there to just fight.
theohl
theohl

Number of posts : 255
Seat Section : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Clark is a perfect example of a watered down OHL , Once Thomas gets back and if Berger was Playing , Clark would not even be dressed , he would be playing in Bowmanville ( MAYBE)

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by joegeneral Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:The hit was right in front of me , I said to my wife look out this is not going to be good . Esposto looked down in his feet to find the puck , then the train hit him , Esposto was right along the boards , not a dirty hit however Kassian could have eased up , I thought Esposto was going thru the glass
Sore head today , cut on bridge of noise , was talking when he left the ice

wow....how can you say it was a clean hit? if you where right in front of it? I was on the other side and saw it another way....kassian started about centre ice and went in fast and used the "boards" to check Esposto in to it which is called boarding by definition. very Surprised no call...all you have to do is watch the Micheal Liambas hit on Fanelli same idea!

joegeneral

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Heard Nick is ok but a bit of a concussion, which is to be expected after that hit. Be interesting to see if Branch does anything to Kassian for the hit.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:32 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Clark is a perfect example of a watered down OHL , Once Thomas gets back and if Berger was Playing , Clark would not even be dressed , he would be playing in Bowmanville ( MAYBE)

You have been calling the OHL watered down for some time now. Yes the league has more teams than it used to, but it is still OHL. The NHL is often called watered down, but its still the NHL. Do you have some kind of issues because you couldn't make it past house league ? You have no idea how high a level you have to be at to even play tier 2 junior hockey. These kids are premiere athletes and you are sitting here Criticizing a 17 year old kid who has sacrificed everything to get to this level, and getting the hell beat out of him in the process. Hope you feel better about yourself.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Well said.

I was at the game and watched it on TV again today.
It seemed like a clean hit as Esposto was it from the side.
Both Gerry Archer and Roger Lajoie also said it was a clean hit.
There was no challenge from Dips on the bench at all either.
Great too see a shorthanded winner in OT while Peterborough had 4 forwards on the ice including Kasian.
Boy, it sure didn't take the Petes long to leave the ice after that goal; hopeully the door didn't hit their butt on the way out.
Great game Gens, hope Nick has a speedy recovery.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 pm

bigE88 wrote:
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Clark is a perfect example of a watered down OHL , Once Thomas gets back and if Berger was Playing , Clark would not even be dressed , he would be playing in Bowmanville ( MAYBE)

You have been calling the OHL watered down for some time now. Yes the league has more teams than it used to, but it is still OHL. The NHL is often called watered down, but its still the NHL. Do you have some kind of issues because you couldn't make it past house league ? You have no idea how high a level you have to be at to even play tier 2 junior hockey. These kids are premiere athletes and you are sitting here Criticizing a 17 year old kid who has sacrificed everything to get to this level, and getting the hell beat out of him in the process. Hope you feel better about yourself.

I would not call Clark a Premier athlete, I do not think he should be playing in the O and there are many more on all OHL teams that have the same boat
I would like to see a more competetive league especially between EAST AND WEST
PS
I played on many championship teams that graced the walls of the Civic with many who did make it to the O and on to the show .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:
bigE88 wrote:

I would not call Clark a Premier athlete, I do not think he should be playing in the O and there are many more on all OHL teams that have the same boat
I would like to see a more competetive league especially between EAST AND WEST
PS
I played on many championship teams that graced the walls of the Civic with many who did make it to the O and on to the show .

if you did play on championship teams in the OHL then you would have more respect for the players and what it takes to get there.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:14 pm

I stand by my point , we have at least 5 players who should not be in the OHL ,
No need to continue

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down