Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sky is falling!

+22
Gensfan_118
LX
steamed
TipcoSr
gensman
gensfan4life3232
nerfherder
Gens Camper
Lindy88
Gennies89
Gens-southern-fanclub
5forfighting
Peter_Puck
gogensgo
hockeybeats
mygens
UGENS
stiffya74
federo5
archer_gens
annette12
gensrock
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the sky is falling! Empty the sky is falling!

Post by gensrock Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 am

Wow.....

We need change! This organization has failed the season ticket holders & fans of this junior team!

Fire the coaches! They don’t deserve a chance! oh wait the season ticket holders & fans have given them a chance! WE WANT A CUP, NOTHING LESS WILL DO!
Bench all players that take stupid penalties! WE WANT A CUP!
Send the players to Junior B if they cant/won’t play to the fans expectation! WE WANT A CUP!
They should revoke the team! WE WANT A CUP!
Rocco should sell the team! WE WANT A CUP!

We have all the talent in this league no should beat us….no way, no how! WE WANT A CUP!
We just need to show up…..& they should just leave cause we are the best! WE WANT A CUP!

WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP!

WE DESERVE A CUP! WE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT……BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP…..WHATS WRONG.

WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP! WE WANT A CUP!

I look forward to the very open minded comments from all lol! lol! lol!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

the sky is falling! Empty Re: the sky is falling!

Post by annette12 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Can you add music to that

annette12

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Yay a 5th post on the exact same subject. We the fans are ever so creative Very Happy
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by federo5 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 am

archer_gens wrote:Yay a 5th post on the exact same subject. We the fans are ever so creative Very Happy

he has a personal vendetta I'd say

federo5

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 am

Wow..Didn't know that the playoffs started so soon according to GENSROCK..relax its October. Let the players who have returned and the new players get to know each others and the system. Lets get into the heart of the schedule to see what this team is made of. I bet you will be singing a different tune come February!

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 pm

stiffya74
I think you will find GENSROCK was making fun of all the bashing that has been already going on about this years team. Your right it is still yearly give the lads a chance to gel and form a great chemistry!! I have to leave the posts up because as everyone says they have a right to their opinions whether the opinion is stellar or not Smile

I always thought bashing was supposed to be for the opposition not your own team, but whatever floats some peoples boat!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:14 pm

I agree that everyone can express themselves about what they think and some stellar opinions give fans something to talk about. I have only seen one game this year and that was in Erie so I don't think I can give my opinion on the team. I will be there on Sunday cheering them on from suite D with all my Peterboro co-workers. Now they are loooooosers! Very Happy we'll give you a big woooooo from the true peanut gallery!

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 am

well the sky may not be falling , but dipieros line combinations sure , are , he's obviously trying to get goal scoring out of thomas , and he's trying too hard , thomas , and andreoff combo with lessio is NOT working , both players have miserable plus , minus records and the season is only 12 games old , lessio , jensen and andreaoff worked beautifully last year as i recall , and jenner played with thomas , what is he doing ????? its not working !!!!!

a loss at home to sudbury is not the makings of a championship team !!!! sorry , this is not working ! thomas is a -8in 12 games , andreaoff -5 in 5 games .......our defense is not the only problem on this team , dipiero needs to look at himself in the mirror and give his head a shake .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am

i've never been a big fan of Dipiero as a coach , how many years has he been at the reigns now , without much success , this is getting irritating for crying out loud , i'm calling for DIPIERO to step down as coach and for him to find his own replacement , he's a good GM . The gens need to bring in a fresh face , someone with a better sense of bench coaching , before this year goes down the toilet !
we have too much talent to be playing like this !!!!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:33 am

Oh you're back. We missed you last weekend.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:48 am

hockeybeats wrote:Oh you're back. We missed you last weekend.

I'm sure you did Laughing
Its so funny on the message board......no one says anything about the little stuff that happens in the games when we lose but than again most on here are the ones that have many years of hockey expirence in scouting, coaching, gm, oh hell even personal training.
I just don't get why we cant go 68-0 this season since we have all these experts in the crowd! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 pm

gensrock wrote:
hockeybeats wrote:Oh you're back. We missed you last weekend.

I'm sure you did Laughing
Its so funny on the message board......no one says anything about the little stuff that happens in the games when we lose but than again most on here are the ones that have many years of hockey expirence in scouting, coaching, gm, oh hell even personal training.
I just don't get why we cant go 68-0 this season since we have all these experts in the crowd! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK, you obviously want to start something here so I'll bite. Can you outline what the specific qualifications are that a person needs to have in your world before they are allowed to post their opinions or comments on this forum.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:34 pm

ya.....its quite simple.....those's kids are 16 to 21 trying to learn how to play hockey so maybe one day thay can move to the next level......all I read on here is what the whole team does wrong! I mean the bashing that "some " do on here is just wrong that all. Yes of course it's my opinion & everyone has his/her's but sometimes people should get the whole story 1st before they type.
maybe we do have a championship team this year....than again maybe we don't. Just look at what Owen Sound did last year....no one pick them & it turned out pretty good for them.
Just cause we have many talanted boys doesn't mean squat! that was last year & every team has different players this year....just look at Barrie! worst team last year with a 1st time OHL coach & now this they will win a few.

nuff said
let the bashing begin again!
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I'll bite on this one:

My opinion is that at least 5% of your posts have to be positive ones. If you can't find one positive thing to say about the Generals but you can find 19 or more negative ones, you're excessively cynical. Just my opinion!

No need to count and calculate, just mention something positive once in awhile!

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm

gensrock wrote:ya.....its quite simple.....those's kids are 16 to 21 trying to learn how to play hockey so maybe one day thay can move to the next level......all I read on here is what the whole team does wrong! I mean the bashing that "some " do on here is just wrong that all. Yes of course it's my opinion & everyone has his/her's but sometimes people should get the whole story 1st before they type.
maybe we do have a championship team this year....than again maybe we don't. Just look at what Owen Sound did last year....no one pick them & it turned out pretty good for them.
Just cause we have many talanted boys doesn't mean squat! that was last year & every team has different players this year....just look at Barrie! worst team last year with a 1st time OHL coach & now this they will win a few.

nuff said
You didn't answer my question in response to your post. What are the qualifications you expect people to have before they should be allowed to post.

gogensgo

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm

gogensgo wrote:
gensrock wrote:ya.....its quite simple.....those's kids are 16 to 21 trying to learn how to play hockey so maybe one day thay can move to the next level......all I read on here is what the whole team does wrong! I mean the bashing that "some " do on here is just wrong that all. Yes of course it's my opinion & everyone has his/her's but sometimes people should get the whole story 1st before they type.

nuff said
You didn't answer my question in response to your post. What are the qualifications you expect people to have before they should be allowed to post.

oh yes sorry.......none
no qualifications whatsoever!
Just watch the kid with the puck & enjoy! Laughing
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 pm

If everyone can indulge me for another followup question. Initial feedback is that people don't require any pre-qualifications before they can post, and while there is a preference to have some level of balance in their postings, they are free to post their opinion regardless of bias (would be too ironic to have someone criticize another poster about criticizing someone else!).

My followup is related to the often used term 'kids' as it is often used in the context that positive comments can be made about anyone of any age, but critical comments should not be used on 'kids'. Having a quick look at the roster, 72% of the players are actually 'adults' so I would appreciate some feedback on this question: Should posters limit their comments to:

a) players 18 and older only
b) players of any age
c) no individual players, team and team staff only

gogensgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 am

gensrock it appears from your posts that you need to take a step back, you are obviously an emotional person who prides themselves on wanting the centre of attention. The team is a result of the coaching staff and the individual talents that the players bring to the team. Watching the players' bench you see the dynamics that goes on, for a defensive background head coach and gm, and a previous nhl defenseman as an assistant coach should the team not be taught how to be defensive minded. Who needs to call out players. There are issues at play here, time will tell won't it.

Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I have to agree with mygens, I know its only early but i think its time for Dipero go. I'm not sure what he has done to the power play- the whole get it to Christin thing wasn't working, so he went for a 5 forward pp...which didn't work either (having christin on the point was pointless he barely could keep it in) and now he's gone to a 2 d 3 f pp last night. The kids are so confused. I saw on two different occasions last night--the pp unit had no idea who was suppose to be out there. He's changing line combinations all the time. He shouldn't have to change any line combinations- its essentially the same team as last year. All he had to do was slide someone into Berger's spot once Andy returned and Voila! Puzzle back together! Pulling Bailie last night was wrong, 2 of those goals came on the PP and Bailie hasn't been playing bad. Give the kid a chance. The kid finally looked like he was being to build his confidence back up. Far as I'm concerned all he did was knock Bailie back down. That seemed pretty evident as I don't believe I even saw Bailie come on the ice at the end of the game- believe he went right to the dressing room. I know one parent told me (and no i won't say who, that's not fair to them) that the kids don't respect dips, but love Joe. Perhaps its time to move Chris out of the way and let Joe the lead the way.

I'm not saying the sky is falling YET, but I can see it happening sooner then later. With any luck, I'll eat my own words in March--trust me, nothing would make me happier:)

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Do you have to go to that level to spread your hate for Dips. You can go to one bad apple parent and get that reaction sure but is it the truth, NO.
Any team in any sport you can find someone who does and does not like the head coach for one reason or another but to say that speaks for the whole team is off base. Just don't drag the kids, the parents, or the billets into your distaste for Dips.
Concerning Bailie, how do you think confidence would have been if he gave up another 3 in the second. I think it would have been worse. You have to give Dips some credit for taking him out to get a jump start for the team and hold onto what confidence he still has. Should he be mad hell yea Some boys in front of him were not playing very hard. That is who he should be mad at.All three of those goals he didn't have a chance. Some players were exposed for there lack of defensive ability. That is what needs to be addressed and hopefully it is sooner than later. But it does take two teams to make a trade.

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gennies89 Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:14 pm

It is a little to early to claim that the sky is falling but I do agree that I don't think we will be getting much out of this group with Dips as the head coach. Ever since he has been on board our team's powerplay just relies on the skill we have instead of implementing an actual REAL powerplay. Also, the team defence has been abysmal ever since he has been here.

I also have to say that I believe we won't go very far this season with the defence that we have right now. Carlisle, Brown are clearly not OHL calibre and we don't have anyone on the backend that is comfortable or steady moving the puck up the ice effectively. If were going to go for it at all, this is the year for sure. Andreoff, Thomas, good chance on Jensen, Maggio will not be back leaving us with a top six of Jenner, Lessio, Laughton, Labardo, Cassells, and Uvira. Not exactly a very deep group for next year. So I say move Laughton and Cassells if necessary to bolster up the defence, I would even go as far to say that if you can get a top 1 or 2 defence they should consider moving Lessio if he can help us get one.

Flame away...

Gennies89

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm

"One parent told me that..."

Seriously, is this a GTHL gossip forum? Who makes this parent an expert on how to coach? Even if there were ten or twelve parents who didn't like his coaching, that has absolutely no basis in determining who is a good coach and who isn't. It's like teachers - some are popular with students and parents and some are not but it has nothing to do with who's a good teacher and who isn't. In fact, it's usually the opposite - the lazy teachers who give out high marks and do very little tend to be the most popular.

Coaching isn't a popularity contest.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm

It is amazing how last weekend the defense must have been good because no one complained but this weekend it was bad and ...the sky is falling.

Gennies89 says since Dips has been here the defense has been abysmal but was probably the poster who they wished we had players back from last years defense (deHaan Dehart and val) and everything will be fine.

As I have stated before, the problem with the Def was they got caught with their pants down thinking Valentine would come back. All credit goes to val because he obviously worked his ass off over the summer to get in great shape to make the big club and it worked. The season was set up to match Val-Suelly, hope-maggio and mcdowell-quinn. With hope out for ten games and Val gone it has put a lot of pressure on players I do not think were or are ready for the full time pressure. And thus the inconsistencies of the play on defense. If the forwards do not buy into playing more of a defensive game to relieve the pressure than you get the results that happened sat and sun night.
We are not far off from being real good but I don't think Dips is ready to release some of his assets just yet. He will probably wait until hoper comes back to see how we play then.

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Gens-southern-fanclub, good assessment. Handing out a letter to Valentine is probably a good indication that they thought he was coming back. They now have to make the necessary adjustments to either find combinations that work with the existing roster, picking up another Dman or both.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Peter_Puck wrote:gensrock it appears from your posts that you need to take a step back, you are obviously an emotional person who prides themselves on wanting the centre of attention. The team is a result of the coaching staff and the individual talents that the players bring to the team. Watching the players' bench you see the dynamics that goes on, for a defensive background head coach and gm, and a previous nhl defenseman as an assistant coach should the team not be taught how to be defensive minded. Who needs to call out players. There are issues at play here, time will tell won't it.

Well said!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum