Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves at Gens Oct. 22

+2
archer_gens
generalsfan
6 posters

Go down

Wolves at Gens Oct. 22 Empty Wolves at Gens Oct. 22

Post by generalsfan Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Gens look to keep their streak alive of 6 straight games without a regulation loss. 4 of the Gens next 5 are at home, so this is a great chance to pile up some more points.

Wolves haven't won on the road yet in 3 tries. They've scored 7 and have given up 19 in those 3 road games. They have the league's worst PK and on the road, are only killing off around 60% of the penalties they take. Hope it's a good recipe for the Gens PP.

Gens should be hungry like the wolf in this one. tongue Might be able to use the "dances with wolves" pun as well, but we'll see if we have any fights or not. Wink

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Wolves at Gens Oct. 22 Empty Re: Wolves at Gens Oct. 22

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Streak was gone early in the game, as the boys just didn't show up in my opinion. Not a single player to blame, but most of the team.

Clark continued to impress and scored to make it 4-2, but that was after the gens wasted a 5 minute powerplay and it was to little to late.

Gens lose 5-2

Not looking forward to tomorrow. Saginaw beats the Petes 9-1, we barely beat the Petes.

Rough game ahead. But if the Gens can get the win it would be a huge boost.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Well, that did not go as planned.

generalsfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandman Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Can someone please explain to me why it is insisted that the Gens have a 5 forward powerplay?? Yes, they've had a game where it scored 3 times in a period but have they forgotten the game before that it allowed a Shorthanded goal? Tonight's game was a perfect example, these 5 players played nearly 4 minutes of a 5 minute powerplay and barely had an opportunity. And using this 5 forward pp also means that we have very little left over for a 2nd pp line. I am not a fan of this set up especially when its not working!

I loved to see Clark come out right after the pp and score. And Uvira was playing very well right before and after the pp... use the guys who are playing well at the time! Its unbelievable that the coaching staff can put everything on the ice for so long with little to no success and still stand by it. Use a regular pp set up, or try switching a player or two. I would have liked to see Uvira playing wing on that 5 min pp. He is strong on the puck and would probably have helped in the corners and along the boards where all 5 of these players were getting beat regularly.

Also, Silk better receive 10+ games for his hit on Uvira, after looking at what the Gens have been suspended for, 10 games seems like a minimum.

Sandman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:22 am

I agree with you Sandman, I am not a fan of this 5 forward powerplay either. The problem with Oshawa is they don't have a quarteback defencemen and a #2. In my opinion, as stated in another thread, we need to add at least 2 defence. To date, Oshawa has lost deHann, Valentine, and DeHart from there lineup .... this is a huge hole. Also, as a result of the weak defense, the coaching staff is continously juggling lines trying to find a click. There is no consistency and the players look dismantled. To make the next hurdle and compete for the cup, the team has to make a move to get defence.
I personally feel by building our defence this will help the players connect on the ice and play with more consistency. The team will be more complete..... a chance to jell as a full unit..... no holes.
Observation, I have seen a steady improvement in Quinn from the start of the year, looks good for #3 spot

As a fan, I would hate to watch a team that has so much talent up front go to waste.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 am

As in the past, the boys don't get pumped up for bottom placed teams.
Once again, they got burned by doing so.
Brutal effort equals brutal loss.
Going with 5 defenceman didn't help either.
It will be nice to have Kyle Hope back at the end of the month.
All of our suspended players will be back in the next week or so.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 pm

I have a hard time Believing Sudbury is a bottom place team. One day we are tied for 1st, the next we are 5th. I mean look, other than Erie & kingtson, its fairly close right now. we've played 13 games so far, with 3 regulars out for Suspensions. give them a chance to gel.
I did notice that no one has made any comments about Altshuller play last night. he seemed to be "fighting" the puck and needs to work on his communication with the guys but I'm sure it will come with time. Also noticed that not much has been said about Baille's play. I mean he did play fairly well against Peterbourough but I assume from all you experts that since he's a 1st round pick & didn't get 2 shutouts that he was "ok".
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Sudbury's stats are skewed because of their goaltending situation being what it was to start the season with Mattsson not available. By the time they'd played their first 4 games, they'd given up 25 goals and had 4 different goalies dressed.

Agree with sportznut's observation with Quinn, I also think he's improved. He's been much more physical than we've seen him before.

generalsfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down