Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury

+5
ohagan
blakejo
KHE
LX
overbank99
9 posters

Go down

Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury Empty Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury

Post by overbank99 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am

Just wondering in the fantasy world of David Branch how Brody Silk of the Wolves can take 15 strides and crosscheck a General
in the face and get only a 5 minute major penalty.that should have been a match penalty and he should have gotten the 10 game
suspension that kyle hope and mark petaccio(sic) got for head check infractions.
just another example of Branch's selective discipline i guess?
its a horrid thing to say but deliberate knee on knee hits seem to be okay in Branch's world, and the Gens seem to be on the
receiving end of many of those.ah Branch isn't he lovely?

overbank99

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury Empty Re: Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury

Post by LX Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 am

Maybe they haven't reviewed it yet. Thomas will get a suspension for the match and that hasn't been posted yet

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury Empty Re: Why no Suspension To Brody Silk of Sudbury

Post by KHE Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Silk will be suspended.. he has to be. That is exactly the type of incident that they are trying to get out of the league. I realize he played Sunday and I'm not really sure why. But if Brody Silk is not suspended it is an absolute travesty and if I where Chris Depiero I would have a MAJOR issue with David Branch especially when we see 3 of our players face major suspensions for incidents of this type.

With regards to Thomas, it's just a question as to how many games he'll get. I will be honest and say I didn't see the incident as my head was turned up the ice. I just saw the aftermath.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:19 pm

KHE wrote:Silk will be suspended.. he has to be. That is exactly the type of incident that they are trying to get out of the league. I realize he played Sunday and I'm not really sure why. But if Brody Silk is not suspended it is an absolute travesty and if I where Chris Depiero I would have a MAJOR issue with David Branch especially when we see 3 of our players face major suspensions for incidents of this type.

With regards to Thomas, it's just a question as to how many games he'll get. I will be honest and say I didn't see the incident as my head was turned up the ice. I just saw the aftermath.

Still no indication of anything coming down for Silk - I would say there is a good chance nothing will now.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Here is another hit from behind and it has been confirmed there will be no suspension, I thought the league was taking a stance. www.youtu.be/LZDj-3dhqH0

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 pm

ohagan wrote:Here is another hit from behind and it has been confirmed there will be no suspension, I thought the league was taking a stance. www.youtu.be/LZDj-3dhqH0

The Stance is "Absolutely no need for a suspension for these kinds of hits (unless delivered by an Oshawa Generals Player)"

In all seriousness though, if you watch that clip Heard quite clearly follows the guy into the boards with absolutely no attempt to stop or pull himself up - it is a clear attempt to injure. Makes the blood boil! Sure would like the League to take the fans through why this one was okay - and more importantly tell the players why this is okay and others are not.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Well put and I fully agree!

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 pm

i agree also
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:58 pm

I throw my hands in the air, this knee on knee WASN'T EVEN CALLED A PENALTY!!! This is getting to be too much!!! www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kixGt4t9Y

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm

r u forgetting this was an gens vs bulls game!!!! there hasnt been a proper call in those games in 5 yrs

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:56 pm

LX wrote:r u forgetting this was an gens vs bulls game!!!! there hasnt been a proper call in those games in 5 yrs

Oh, so because we were playing the "BULLS" that type of play is ok eh? Sorry but I don't agree and if the shoe was on the other foot on that play and we stuck out the knee we would get called for a penalty minimum if not more. The players are going to get confused as to what's ok and what's not due to lack of consistency in what's being called. The only thing that seems to be consistent is Branch keeps hammering the Generals

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Ya that's what I mean. Those games are always one sided. And it's never the gens side...

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:30 pm

It looks like the Gens aren't part of the good old boys club who gets away with all the crap and we get nailed!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:03 pm

When a team is given over 40 games in suspensions we are looked upon as a dirty untalented group.

The minor stuff turns into major stuff because of our reputation , this is mainly because of not skating and puck persuit

If you check and see who is getting penalties or drawing penalties you have more of a chance of being hooked ,cross checked

hit from behind , if you are constantly chasing the puck carrier you tend to be frustrated more

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Sub standard coaches resort to tactics like that!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:34 pm

LX wrote:Ya that's what I mean. Those games are always one sided. And it's never the gens side...

My point was that I don't think it's happening only when we play the Bulls, we get shafted playing all sorts of different teams.

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down