Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENS VS. BULLS ....NOV.27TH/11

+6
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Camper
TipcoSr
archer_gens
oshgens2k2
JPH
10 posters

Go down

GENS VS. BULLS ....NOV.27TH/11 Empty GENS VS. BULLS ....NOV.27TH/11

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:19 pm

LOSE 4-1...GAVE UP 50 SHOTS

HEY,ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST,ANOTHER ONES GONE,ANOTHER ONES GONE,ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!

Mad

TOMMORROW SHOULD BE INTRESTING!!

Back to top Go down

GENS VS. BULLS ....NOV.27TH/11 Empty Re: GENS VS. BULLS ....NOV.27TH/11

Post by JPH Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:22 pm

You beat me to the post, so I'll c+p my post here.
4-1 Bulls final.

I missed the second frame, but from what I watched in period 1 and 3, more of the same old problems. Bulls got just about 50 shots against. I feel bad for the goalies, whether it be Bailie or Altshuller, as needing to stop 40 + shots a night is riduculous. Generals need to do a better job of keeping shots against down (obviously), as well, they need to keep the crease area clear. Although it seemed pretty clear to me that Altshuller was falling over pretty easily, Bulls players still should not be getting into that area so often.

I didn't see any of the usual dicipline problems that plague the team, so I'll take that as a plus.

Overall feels like they didn't want to compete today. Maybe I missesd something in the middle frame, but another blah game.

A side note, I would love to hear form any of the STH who are attending the "town hall meeting" about what was asked, and what the ownership has to say about this season so far.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 pm

I will be going tomorrow night. Again I wish things were on the brighter side but really this year is falling apart. How does George Burnett get so much out of a team picked to be a borderline playoff team. How does he always draft great goalies. Where was all of this great coaching when he ran the show here?

Again we give up too many shots and look like we have no clue when we have the puck. You arn't going to score on subban by crossing the blue line and taking a wrist shot on net. The Bulls were all over our crease and Altshuller but were allowed and the first time we go there we get a penalty. Shocked

Frustrating to think that this team right now would finish out of the playoffs and we are approaching half way through the season. Sudbury has a better winning % and has played at least 5 less games.

If trades are happening I guess Thomas might be the most marketable followed by someone like Jenson. I don't want to trade anyone who might be back next year or when we might be reloading again.(thomas might be ahl next year and jenson might be there as well)

Is Agnew the long term coach? Is Deperio the longterm Gm? probably not so we could see a whole new regime next year. We will see tomorrow night.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Didn't see the game as I was at the GMC watching basketball, a sport that I have never ever liked or watched, that being said it was more enjoyable to watch the Power win, and try all game then it has been watching the Gens float most of the year.

We're buried in the standings due to the games in hand situatuon, and something needs to be done now with the defence. Trade a star froward for a defencemen now, shake up the whole team, show the rest of the players that they perform or end up on the next bus out of town.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 am

archer_gens wrote:Didn't see the game as I was at the GMC watching basketball, a sport that I have never ever liked or watched, that being said it was more enjoyable to watch the Power win, and try all game then it has been watching the Gens float most of the year.

We're buried in the standings due to the games in hand situatuon, and something needs to be done now with the defence. Trade a star froward for a defencemen now, shake up the whole team, show the rest of the players that they perform or end up on the next bus out of town.

I don't know squat, but maybe that is what they want.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:23 am

If thats what they want.........THEN TRADEM ALL,Cause if your going to play for the name on the back instead of the once storied franchise symbol on the front then this city don't want em!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 am

Thomas is not playing like he would be AHL calibre

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 am

We require players who are determined , focused and have a sense of pride. Not this group of country club members . Should be an interesting evening

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am

This game also illustrates what a difference a top quality goaltender like Campbell or Houser would have made. Altshuller is good but he is not at the level of 'game (back)-breaker like Subban and won't be for at least a year or so, which will be too late.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:04 pm

I didn't want to start a new post so does anyone know why Andy Andreoff
didn't play Friday or Sunday?
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Ankle , will be back Friday if not traded before !

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't see Andreoff being traded unless for another OA dman. Just because it doesn't make sense to release dehaans rights and then open an OA spot up.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 pm

or an OA goalie

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

please explain to me why we wasted our OA spot on the guy we just picked up when so many other high end names are out there.I totally agree with bobby orr number 4 on that.Trade him and get a good HIGH END D MAN,Then trade jensen and get a good goalie.

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Jensens agent/Canucks , have given a list of teams that He would report to

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Jensens agent/Canucks , have given a list of teams that He would report to

how do you know this?

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Jensen is one of your top performers/achievers although he is under performing somewhat. Thomas would be a better move, maybe to OS for Stajcer? This team, supposedly loaded with scorers, really isn't. You keep your top scorers!

Last edited by jaycro on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Gensfanforever... where do you think the Gens are going to find some high end defencemen? Most teams think they are in the hunt for a playoff spot. Look at the teams who aren't or who may not be by January. Anyone on the Otters you might want. Anyone in Kingston? Toss some names out you would like to see here who might, realistically, be available. I don't see too many who are playmakers or powerplay quarterbacks or veterans who could bring size.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 pm

gensfanforever wrote:please explain to me why we wasted our OA spot on the guy we just picked up when so many other high end names are out there.I totally agree with bobby orr number 4 on that.Trade him and get a good HIGH END D MAN,Then trade jensen and get a good goalie.

Why didn't you ask that question last night you were there??

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down