Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens @ Sarnia Sting Sat. Nov. 27th

+4
gogeneralsgo
Hayes#21
ohagan
Gens_Fan_22
8 posters

Go down

Gens @ Sarnia Sting Sat. Nov. 27th Empty Gens @ Sarnia Sting Sat. Nov. 27th

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:41 am

Sarnia had a big win last night against Owen Sound.
They ended up beating the Attack in a shootout.
Our boys need to play their game and I am sure we will come out with the two points.
Go Gens Go.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Sarnia Sting Sat. Nov. 27th Empty Re: Gens @ Sarnia Sting Sat. Nov. 27th

Post by ohagan Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Better start to the first period, up 2 1. Sounds like nasty snow out by Sarnia today, but heard the Boosters cheering our goals. Glad they made it safe to Sarnia.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:13 am

This game was Oshawa's game for the taking. Why did we stop playing and try to hold on to a 4-2 lead. Seriously? For a team weak on the defensive end, that strategy baffled me....we had 2 shots in the 3rd....I think Sarnia played better in the third, but the shots on goal tell the story the gens played. They are very, lucky to have got a shoot out win at all.

Why didn't the refs stop the Petaccio fight? That was more than a one sided fight...and Hooey could have got seriously hurt. I love fighting in hockey, and I am the first to cheer...but that was just hard to watch...I felt bad for Hooey.

The Brown fight was much better and both players were respectful of the other.

Poor penalties, twice we gave them a 2 man advantage, the tying goal was scored on one of these, and I think 6 or 7 other minor penatiles. Poor discipline. Lucky for us, Sarnia doesn't have a good power play, that saved our team from a slaughter.

On another note, good move by Dips to bench Jenner after the mouth got him a 10 minute misconduct.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:25 am

Good for Dips benching Jenner. The kid needs a lot of growing up to be a leader.

Bad penalties again.. Last 5 minutes Andreoff and Sullentroep... Hopefully the Coach was all over them as well. Good well coached teams do not let teams back into games this way.

It's a win and who cares how we got it.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 am

Every fight I see Petaccio in , the kid does not quit throwing them for a small guy
If Oshawa is going to be a run and gun team , then they better get a bonafide #1 goalie.

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tapetotape Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:42 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Every fight I see Petaccio in , the kid does not quit throwing them for a small guy
If Oshawa is going to be a run and gun team , then they better get a bonafide #1 goalie.

Not sure if you are talking about the right kid? If he's small, I'd hate to see you big..... because Petaccio is 6'3"....and tonight was his 1st fight.

You are right about the goalie though......they need strength between the pipes unless they learn to become a passing team...too much single effort play and too loose at times......seems like Dips went to 2 lines in the third.....

tapetotape

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 am

This is a young rebuilding team that will get better - they are doing just Great

On Friday we lost a game we could have won - last night we won a game we could have lost - IT IS WHAT IT IS -

Goaltending is much improved over last yr - that is good - our future in net will get better as our scouting dept is working hard on the future

As for me I am happy with the effort and record this year - sure makes you want to go to the rink unlike the last 2 yrs

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:42 pm

After being at the game Saturday night. a few of us watched a replay of the game. While having a beverage or 2. The check to the head in the 3rd where Sarinia tied it up was horse manure. The check was between the letters and the shoulders. 2nd. The officals were terrible. But won't get into that. Just thought I would clarify that the 2 man advantage was not a good call by the offical.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down