Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener

+5
archer_gens
Gens Camper
gmc 118
bologna
TipcoSr
9 posters

Go down

Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener Empty Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener

Post by TipcoSr Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I don't get this one.....

Kitchener Rangers Head Coach and General Manager Steve Spott announced that the Boston Bruins have re-assigned forward Tyler Randell from the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League to the Rangers and that the team has completed a trade with the Oshawa Generals.

“The arrival of Tyler was really not expected and not confirmed until the last 24 hours” stated Spott. "Tyler’s arrival will provide the opportunity to immediately add a power forward with size to our line-up but at the same time put us in a position of having four overage players with the overage deadline only 48 hours away."

In the trade with the Generals the Rangers send Julian Melchiori to Oshawa and receive in exchange Oshawa's 4th round pick in the 2015 and 2016 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection. The move creates overage space to add Randell.

Kitchener originally obtained Melchiori’s rights from Oshawa prior to the 2010-11 season for a 5th round pick in 2013.

Spott said this of Melchiori, "Julian has been a significant contributor to our organization and community during the past two seasons. Having to move him at the deadline is bitter-sweet but at the end of the day we could only have three overage players on January 9th. Julian only has a few months left of junior hockey before he will turn pro and the move to Oshawa will offer him and the Generals the opportunity to compete for the Eastern Conference title.”

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener Empty Re: Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener

Post by bologna Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:44 pm

melchiori is a top 4 d man ...just reading the rangers forum and they are a little dissapointed they didnt get a better pick for him ...this probably means bye bye to hermannadildo and valentine rights ....unless there is more trades pending

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener Empty Re: Gens trade 2 picks for OA D from Kitchener

Post by gmc 118 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:10 pm

With 10 dmen on the roster, hopefully depiero can package one of them and a draft pick or two, for a veteran forward..
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm

One of the them was injured Friday night Peter D - likely gone wrist injury

This is a good move - top 2 on Dee for - 2 - 4th rd picks and we got a 5th when we sent him to Kitchener

Vaentine will likely drop off at the O A deadline - not before

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Does this mean Hermannagildo is done with injury perhaps? probably also means valentine has been confirmed to be staying in the AHL.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:22 am

Wonder why melchiori isn't listed on gens roster yet ? Something going on here?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

mygens wrote:Wonder why melchiori isn't listed on gens roster yet ? Something going on here?

Gen's site is always slow,Valentine is still on it and if rumours are true Hermenegildo who was put on waivers he is still listed.
maybe they will up date it when all there trading is complete Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm

mygens wrote:Wonder why melchiori isn't listed on gens roster yet ? Something going on here?

I stand corrected, Just checked the Gen's team site and Jimmy names not on it any longer and still haven't got Melchiori on it
intersting.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

steamed wrote:

I stand corrected, Just checked the Gen's team site and Jimmy names not on it any longer and still haven't got Melchiori on it
intersting.

It's not the Gens, the Gens lineup on their website is automatically updated when the OHL updates the rosters on their website. It is nothing more than the OHL not updating it yet. There are a few trades out there that have not been updated yet.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 pm

So Melchiori trade was done Sunday and McDowell's was done a couple of hours ago and his name is off but they couldn't put Melchiori on it. Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 pm

steamed wrote:So Melchiori trade was done Sunday and McDowell's was done a couple of hours ago and his name is off but they couldn't put Melchiori on it. Rolling Eyes

That is probably the reason. The trade was done on Sunday when the OHL offices are closed. They probably had folks in that could approve trades, but not folks in that would update the websites.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm

It's now 6 hours after the deadline and Melchiori still not added and Valentine and Hermenegildo still there. I think every other team's site has been updated, even Saginaw, who had the last deal of the day. I know the Gens site is notoriously slow posting trades etc. but this is a bit much.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

It matters NOT - we know who is on the team

Getting Melchiori is a great pick up - he will anchor the blue line and right

away he is in your top 2 or 3

The ironic part of this trade is it was his accidental hit last Friday in
Kitchener that put Peter OUT

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 am

I was chatting with Dipps in email and he said Julian Melchiori has been practising with the team for two days now. So just because he's not on the roster yet he is here and will be playing Friday.
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 am

Not that it's important, but defensive changes on the OHL and Gens website still not made two days later. Is someone asleep at the wheel in one of these locations? Whatever happened to the speed of modern technology? I guess it still requies a human who's awake to input, eh? Again, I think we are the only site not updated.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:47 pm

O well, yes its silly but in my opinion the article posted on the Gens site is more then enough to confirm. That being said if you make your team harder to follow (no radio, no US tv games, not updating rosters and website) you risk making fans upset and losing them.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 pm

they have finally posted the update version of players I can sleep now Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down