Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well trade deadline is up - will we make the playoffs?

2 posters

Go down

Well trade deadline is up - will we make the playoffs? Empty Well trade deadline is up - will we make the playoffs?

Post by Gens Camper Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:39 am

We added 3 experienced defensmen traded 2 defencemen - the price for a top goalie was too high

Let's hope the chemistry needed to jell these 3 new players is quick because time is short

I think DIPS did a great job in TRYING to make us better - let's hope it's enough to leapfrog over the Majors and move up in the standings

I think the chance of us getting in the top 4 is a longshot - finishing 5th or 6th - you would avoid Niagara in the ist round

GO GENS GO -

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Well trade deadline is up - will we make the playoffs? Empty Re: Well trade deadline is up - will we make the playoffs?

Post by archer_gens Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes

Gens need to move to 4th of 5th. Battalion are not a first round match up either that people want. Unless they fall apart. Peterborough and Mississauga will fall in the standings after the trades made.

Here's how I see the top 3 and bottom 3 going. Barring major injuries I think these are pretty much locks.

Niagara
Ottawa
Brampton

Peterborough
Mississauga
Kingston

From there Barrie, Sudbury will probably fight for 4th and 5th. The Gens will probably be able to pass the Bulls, but it depends what team show up. I think the Gens will finish between 4th and 7th. A lot of the standings will be determined by the Gens.

If they live up to expectations now that huge holes were filled then they can shoot up the standings, however the Gens can just as easily continue to stagnate.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down