Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concession Stands

+2
LX
archer_gens
6 posters

Go down

Concession Stands Empty Concession Stands

Post by archer_gens Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 am

Anyone else somewhat offended by the decline in what is offered.

Less bottled drink options.
Stopped selling chips.
No Name Candy?

I've heard complaints about all of the above.

I think that they should be careful, it's alot cheaper to eat before the game then to pay the prices to begin with. I see more and more people just bringing there own food from home and sneaking it in.

Is it just me?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Concession Stands Empty Re: Concession Stands

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am

no way,hell no,we eat before the game all the time and the prices are just RIDICULIOS, I see people sneaking food in all over the place,why not,gotta save a few bucks somewhere,I mean where season ticket holders and GET SQWUAT FOR FREE from this deal...So i say screw it,we all do it and will continue to do so until they lower the damn prices.

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

I mentioned this as a complaint at the town hall meeting and it got brushed off

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

LX wrote:I mentioned this as a complaint at the town hall meeting and it got brushed off

I was at the meeting too and they didn't brush it off,they said they don't control the prices or any else that has to do with the
concession stands,that a complaint that must be brought up who runs the GMC(I think that's Global Spectrum) the Gen's are just tenants that get a percentage from the concession stands.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm

ok true.. i just said everything in the building is overprice, and it seemed like the respose was "not our problem, next"

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I really don't see this as a big deal. Concession stands at sporting events, movies and concerts all over the world charge high prices.

Eat before you come if it really is a factor or know you will be paying through the nose.

I think concession stand revenues are all part of GMC revenue which all goes to the City of Oshawa after paying Global Spectrum their management fees.

As a taxpayer in Oshawa I know the GMC needs revenue to make it profitable (or at least not sustain a loss as they have every year). The taxpayers made the investment and need a return on their investment.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm

I hear you and know that price are way high, That's why I don't buy nothing there because of that reason, I Just don't think this is a Generals ownership issue.We should boycott the concession stands but that's not going to happen,because there are always buyers. cheers
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:54 pm

All the above statements are 'dead-on'! The only reasonable priced item(s) are/is coffee. That's all I buy. Popcorn price is about the same as a medium at the movie theatres. At least at AMC you can re-fill the large popcorn for free!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:26 pm

The price isn't really my complaint, your right it's like that every where, I was more upset about the lack of options and things like no name stale candy you get for a dollar at the dollar store or in large bins at bulk barn.

Might be an idea though when I have a chance to email Global Spectrum.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 am

Most of you know me. I travel to a lot of arenas. Even Kingston which is run by global spectrum is cheaper than us. We get a hotdog for instance for $3.50 there. Most venues are $3.00 to $3.50. Ours is $4.50. People just can't afford these prices. I got 2 pops (bottles) in Kingston. It was $6,50. Here it would have cost me $8.00. If they want people to buy the product. Theysimply have to lower the prices. We are I thing the highest priced venue. In the league. I won't buy anything here either.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down