Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yakupov Suspension Rules

2 posters

Go down

Yakupov Suspension Rules Empty Yakupov Suspension Rules

Post by archer_gens Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Saw it on the noof. I don't get what the big deal is. If the rule is you face a two game suspension for missing a league event then thats the rule. The team should have known it going in.

It prevents players from pulling an Ovechkin and teams from having an edge over one another by not allowing there players to participate.

I understand that in some cases an injury may prevent a player from participating, however if they are so injured as to not show up to an event why rush them back for a game, I'm sure the player could use the rest.

What are your thoughts?

At most I would change the rule to be steeper (5 games) and then have the option of an OHL appointed doctor checking out the player if they wish to get back playing sooner.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Yakupov Suspension Rules Empty Re: Yakupov Suspension Rules

Post by LX Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

well ovie said he pulled out cause he was already suspended.. sure there was more to that.. but i dont see why yakupov should have been suspended.. the prospects game is not an "all star" game, where everyone is just skating around.. JT was almost seriously hurt when he played in it..

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 am

Because its nationally televised and that helps the league.

I understand players get hurt in these games, however in my opinion without these rules certain teams would force/talk there players into not attending.

As far as I'm concerned its either do it this way or not at all, and the league needs events like this in my opinion.

That said I do understand the injury concerns, but thats there in other events as well.

It makes me consider my opinion on the issue a little more coming from someone whos not a fan of the team who feels the rule is unfair to there team.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down