Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jensen vs Yakupov

3 posters

Go down

Jensen vs Yakupov Empty Jensen vs Yakupov

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Can anyone tell me the difference between Jensen and Yakupov?

Why is Yakupov being banned from playing over seas by the iihf and Jensen is allowed to?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Jensen vs Yakupov Empty Re: Jensen vs Yakupov

Post by opinionated Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Quite simple . . .

Jensen was assigned by the Canucks to the Swedish Elite League -- Yakupov was assigned by the Oilers to the Sting.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am

Quite Simple........

Like Opinionated said....Yakupov was assigned by the Oilers to the Sting and Hockey Canada Recognizes this. I assume he tried to Circumvent this and the KHL has to abide by the agremment between the leagues. I am fairly certin it wasn't the IIHF
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 pm

THIS IS FROM THE NOOF TODAY

Quote:
No league or federation can stop a transfer unless they present a valid reason in accordance to the IIHF transfer regulations and they have seven days to present their case. If there is no answer within seven days, or if the IIHF finds the reasoning for not approving not in accordance to the regulations, the IIHF would still approve the transfer.
By not signing off initially and without explanation until after he had already skated 2 games..that to me says the CHL is in violation of IIHF rules of transfer. They had 7 days to give an explanation, I believe more than 7 days passed before he played. It's my understanding that the IIHF can approve the transfer on those grounds alone.

Quote:
It is understandable if the CHL is looking to avoid setting a precedent that could cause teenagers to jump to overseas leagues before their age-20 season. The OHL alone this season saw three import players, Vancouver Canucks first-rounder Nicklas Jensen (Oshawa Generals), Boston Bruins second Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor Spitfires) and undrafted Lino Martschini (Peterborough Petes), go overseas. A difference between them and Yakupov is no NHL club explicitly assigned them to a junior team on Sept. 15 before the lockout went into effect.
There's your explanation on Khokhlachev and Jensen

Yakupov's comment:
Quote:
"Everything will be worked out in the near future and I will once again continue to play for my hometown club Neftekhimik," Yakupov said, as translated by Dmitry Chesnokov.

What's the hold up? Sarnia

Quote:
“Hockey Canada cannot sign the international transfer card for Yakupov until the Sarnia Sting releases this player from his contract."...

there you have it in a nutshell
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down