Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicklas Jensen

Go down

Nicklas Jensen Empty Nicklas Jensen

Post by archer_gens Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 pm

This article is from the begining of the month, I don't remember reading it, or seeing it posted on here, so sorry in advance if you've read this or if this is old news. I was wondering about Jensen, didn't remember hearing anything on him signing with the club, again i could be mistaken.

Anyways don't know the source and it has clearly been translated.

I am so high on Nicklas Jensen, I have been for a while,

Here is what the scouts have been saying about him,

Also I will Google translate an article from Denmark where he tlaks about the draft, gives some cool insider info

8. Oshawa Generals - Nicklas Jensen - Forward
While Jensen may come from a developing hockey nation in Denmark, many seem to think he has the chance to develop into the best player that country has ever developed. Just to give you an idea, but as a 17 year old, Jensen had 26 points in the Danish Hockey League. This earned him rookie of the year honors. Current Ottawa Senators forward (and a good one at that) Peter Regin had 1 assist in over 20 games during his 17 year old season in the league. Jensen was also voted as the top forward at the 2010 Division 1 Under 18 Championships after scoring 13 goals in 5 games. There is no denying that Jensen could have the talent to be a big time point producer for the Generals next season.
Scouting Report: Our scouting report comes from Danish hockey expert Peter Krabbe. "Jensen is a great skater; fast and with a good balance and acceleration for a player his size. He has a fantastic drive, and likes to go directly to the net. He is big and strong and plays with a physical edge. He has soft hands and is very good with the puck. He also had a really good shot. Jensen doesn't necessarily need a playmaker either, he creates a lot of chances for himself. It was best illustrated at the U18 WJC D1 in April, where 5 of the 13 goals he scored were unassisted. In each game he normally creates a couple of big chances besides the ones he manages to put in the net himself. His good hockey IQ allows him to be at the right spot at the right time, especially when attacking. While he is not a liability defensively, it is something he can improve, and I am sure he will when he comes to Oshawa. Some believe that he could become the best player ever to come out of Denmark, and I am one of them."

And Danish Article, sorry for the bad grammar, it was done by Google

Since Nicklas Jensen Tuesday was draft to play in the Canadian junior leagues, shaped things themselves perfectly for the Danish giant talent who ended up in famous Oshawa Generals.

Generals are among the most famous clubs in the CHL registered with players like Eric Lindros and John Tavares as a former super stars, and who knows - maybe the next big star named Nicklas Jensen.

Generals used their eighth choice in the draft to take the 17-year-old Herning-boy, and it was completely planned.

- It was perfect because I have family who live 30-40 miles from Oshawa, so it was exactly where I wanted to go, says Nicklas Jensen tv2sport.dk.

There are three major junior leagues in Canada, the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), Western Hockey League (WHL) and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), but they belong together under one umbrella, called the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) and importdraften where you allocate the rights to European talent, and it was this draft Nicklas Jensen entered in.

But just because the clubs from all three leagues are allowed to select in the same draft, then European players do not even determine which of the leagues Mon lands in.

- It was about to go wrong for me said Nicklas Jensen. Victoriville who had the sixth selection began in the days leading up to draft Calling me on my phone ALOT because they wanted me. But they play in the QMJHL, and I'd prefer not to, so I was simply forced to tell them that if they Drafted me, so I would not come over, and so would their draft choices have been wasted. And fortunately they understood says Nicklas Jensen opposite tv2sport.dk.

But there was also another OHL club, which was becoming very topical with the fifth choice, as Mikkel Bødker and Simon Grønvaldts former club, Kitchener Rangers.

- Kitchener rang several times and their choice was between whether they would take me or a german kid named Tobias Rieder. I do not know if they could tell that I wanted to go to Oshawa, As they ended up selecting Rieder xplains Nicklas Jensen also had a fourth club in the game:

- We talked indeed actually first with the Brampton Battalions, because it is even closer to family, but they were too far back in the draft, and this is also at least as good, assesses Nicklas Jensen are not moving in with his family in Canada, but must live with a fosterfamilyus is customary for the import players.

The trip to Canada, taken in mid-August, so Nicklas Jensen starts with a couple of weeks on ice at home in Herning before departure, and next steps for Jensen is to succeed in the OHL, he will draft high in the NHL draft 2011th

- I have not even talked to some NHL clubs yet, but I know there already are clubs who look at me. Him I receive as a trainer in Oshawa told me that he had talked with New York Rangers yesterday and they had said that it was good for me to come to Oshawa because they play a style of play that fits well with NHL but otherwise it is too early to talk NHL. Now I will just do it well in OHL first, says the young uldjyde.

Nicklas Jensen becomes the fifth Dane in the OHL after Sebastian Dahm, Christian Olsen, Bodker and Grønvaldt also played in the league.

- I've talked with Grønvaldt few times and he loves it over there, so I am totally game, ending Nicklas Jensen.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down