Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day

+5
steamed
archer_gens
TipcoSr
Gens Camper
Oshawa fan
9 posters

Go down

Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day Empty Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Well I am sure all of us know who will be starting Monday. A strong performance from the goaltender out will be needed.

Hopefully they all show up and get off to a good start. It does seem to make a difference.

There should be a good crowd as well.

Every win counts at this time of year.

Last edited by Oshawa fan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day Empty Re: Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day

Post by Gens Camper Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 pm

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS - MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day Empty Re: Gens v Colts Part II February 20th Family Day

Post by TipcoSr Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

A month or so ago you all said Altshuller should play all the time and they should get rid of Bailie. Altshuller had a bad game against Barrie. Leave the kid alone.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I agree Bailie should have been sitting, Altshuller should be playing, should be looking to the future. That said you can't sit a kid who has played less then 20 carreer games for an entire month and then expect him to play his best.

Also the Defence gave up a 3 goal lead super early. The defence should not be letting the rookie get pummelled in the first 5 minutes of the game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm not sure where you see anyone critical of Altshuller. He played last night so it is almost 100% that Baillie will get the start tomorrow. I did think Altshuller should have been given some playing time in the past few weeks especially when they had 3 games in row.

He is the goaltender of the future however at least one playoff round is important to the ownership this year so I think we will see Baillie more often if he continues to play reasonably well.

I agree that the first few minutes last night may well have been as a result of the lack of playing time over the past few weeks.

Baillie did seem to be playing better and better so combine that with the desire to make the playoffs it is understandable why Agnew played him.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 am

Can't blame Altshuller hasn't played in net for about 2 weeks, the blame goes to the lack of scoring by the offence.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:40 pm

75th anniversary red jerseys today. Hope the Gens get some points out of today since the Plymouth/Saginaw trip and 2 games with London are coming up. 10 games left after this afternoon's and just 3 more at home in those final 10.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm in Florida right now and glad that I am as it sounds like the Gennies laid another egg. What in hades is wrong with this team? Fill me in 'northerners'!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 pm

jaycro wrote:I'm in Florida right now and glad that I am as it sounds like the Gennies laid another egg. What in hades is wrong with this team? Fill me in 'northerners'!

Nothing is wrong. They are playing as well now as they have all year. Blow out a Bulls team that has absolutley fallen on their faces, and then we drop two bad losses. Business as usual. Who would have thought at this point in the year, we would be under.500?

Also our amazing PP went 0/5 while Barries was 4/9. I await a year where we don't lead the league, or at the top of the league in PIMS.

Shame when there is a big crowd, and this is the effort you reward the fans with.

These next games are going to be tougher than these last 2, will be really interesting to see what happens over the next, say, 6 games.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

U missed nothing jaycro,they crapped the bed today,the only thing worse was the refs but what else is new.The gens got screwed,gave up a big lead early and simply gave up after that.Took some really stupid penelties,especailly pettgrave who i thought played his worsed game since joining the team.Lessio was a spaz today but thats nothing new either.We dropped down to 7th place now,lucky that the petes lost and the bulls lost too.We coulda gained ground but once again its a half assed effort.Well,after these next 5 games of PLYMOUTH,SAGINAW,LONDON,BARRIE,LONDON. The gens could be hanging out with kingston in the bottem gettin those golf clubs all shined up n ready.We played Alltshillier,that did'nt work,played ballie and same old damn story.With efforts like this they dont deserve the playoffs.I would love to see us get a high draft pick instead of a 4 game sweep in the 1st round.It would cost me a whole hell of alot less!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Another poor start. Go down by 3 and it makes a comeback very difficult. 3 goals on 7 shots just does not cut it.

It was not just goaltending. Barrie really put the shooter's in position. The Gens had their chances but could not capitalize.

Too many penalties although once again it most be hard for the players to know what is a penalty with some of the calls or non-calls. Still there were undisciplined penalties today.

Nice touch on Larry Jacula and the Generals alumni at the start of the game. too bad the Gens did not make a game of it.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Based on this season's results, I am sure hoping that we don't draw Barrie anytime in the playoffs!!!!

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:50 am

opinionated wrote:Based on this season's results, I am sure hoping that we don't draw Barrie anytime in the playoffs!!!!

Your joking right Laughing Laughing we won't draw Barrie this year or any other team as I'm pretty sure we won't be making the playoffs based upon the way we have been playing as the next ten(last 10)games are going to be tuff ones, we see Sag,Ldn,Bar,Ldn,Bra(Ouch) and then Pbo,Belv,Miss Pbo.it would be funny Laughing if it comes down to the last Pbo game and when it counts Pbo beats us for the first time Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down