Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH

+2
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Camper
6 posters

Go down

Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH Empty Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH

Post by Gens Camper Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Well with only 10 games left - and if we miss the show - quite possible - Rocco will more than likely clear the slate

A new G M will be in the works as well as Gary Agnew and , Joe and Roger see ya later

The only way it could work is if Gary asks and gets complete control

If not we need an OHL experienced coach / G M - CLOSE TO 6,000 IN THE STANDS vs Barrie and we stunk

I couldn't believe some in the stands blaming Baille and the refs - We were dreadful

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH Empty Re: Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I belive the GENS are up for sale

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH Empty Re: Should the GENS CLEAN HOUSE IN 1 MONTH

Post by mygens Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:47 am

I agree guys , we stunk , the effort wasnt there at the start of the game again , either these players are too stupid to learn a system , or the coach is too stupid to implement one , I don't know which , but I certainly wouldn't offer Agnew anything for next year. Good luck to him , his NHL career will be a short one based on his performance here .

And the players , and we know who they are , if any of them think they are going to have an nhl career well , they are dreaming . Not with what we see here , collectively this team doesn't , think , they don't pass well ,nor shoot accurately , how many times have we seen terrible passes , missed nest on shots .

Barrie in comparison was a delight to watch , thewaythenkids work l the way they move the puck , the anticipation and positioning on the ice , it was embarrassing !

And like you said in front of damn near 6000 fans , the gens organization dare not complain to us the fans about how we support the gens , I question that this organizations supports us .

You want my money now for playoffs , or next seasons seats .....DREAM ON , Rocco .

Do us all a favor and sell the team , because you haven't got a clue !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 pm

mygens wrote:I agree guys , we stunk , the effort wasnt there at the start of the game again , either these players are too stupid to learn a system , or the coach is too stupid to implement one , I don't know which!

I use to think it was the coaching staff, but i'm almost 100% sure its the players themselves. As you said the passing is horrible, they have no accuracy when it comes to hitting the net, on Sunday they were tripping all over each other out there. The coach isn't the one that forces them to play so inconsistantly. They almost beat Niagara, take down the Bulls 8-1 and then got slaughter twice by Barrie in brutally played games. Can't blame it on Bailie- at least two times Colts players were left wide open infront of the net, no general to be seen. You've got guys that aren't superstars who are working their butts off most nights and you got drafted "superstars" who play most nights like they don't care to really be there.

I will say it would be nice to see a different power play as opposed to pass pass pass, Christian shoots from the dot, repeat. Having said that I did notice they tried putting Christian in centre of the blueline and shooting from there. How about they change it all together and let someone else shoot for awhile you know mix it up so the other team doesn't know exactly what they are going to do.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:46 pm

They actually have tried a few different power play units this year. None with much success.

Barrie pass-pass-pass and score. The Gens cannot manage that.

A house cleaning is likely necessary and a work ethic has to be instilled.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 pm

ABSOLOUTLLY....A TOTAL YARD SALE FROM TOP TO BOTTEM!!!
The Owners took way too long to make decisions,like firing dips from his coaching position and keeping him on as GM..Bad move as he should have been gone completlly and found a new GM.And this was done too late.

Bringing in Gary was a band aid move just to temporally stop the bleeding,it did'nt work.And the fact they brought him in when knowing he is'nt even going to be here next year proves our owners did not know what they where doing.Weather its his fault or not to our teams play this season he has not been the soloution to the problem and he cant seem to get through to the players so yes he must go too.

The trading of players to improve the team as well was like other moves done way too late.It should have been done sooner so we could have saved a few points in the win coloumn instead of the loss.I do like the trades but wonder why other trades could not have been done to better this team for a playoff run which seems to be faiding fast.I may get criticized for this but LESSIO should have been traded,hes a consint spaz and yelling at other players,slamming his stick,arguing constintlly with refs and just beeing a poor team player,makes me shake my head why we kept him.And im not alone,i know alot of others that would like to see him go too.Acting and playing like that he will be IF hes lucky AHL player for life.And im sorry but we should have picked up a goalie too,We where suppossed to be a top 3 team,i see the top 3 teams,they made more and better moves then us and look where we are now.I believe this is not only the GM's fault but the owners as well.They totally dropped the ball on this.GM GONE TOO.

As for the players and which ones deserve to be here and which ones dont,well we have all been watching and we all know thier names.We won't blame the ones who did not come back,instead blame the ones who did (FROM NHL CAMPS).Thier lack of heart and lack of intrest is a complete waste of a season,players have to learn its all about the crest on the front instead of the one on the back and they better learn that fast if they ever hope to go back to the teams who drafted them.

So yeah from the office to the players i say CLEAN HOUSE after this very disappointing season ends and bring in people that know what they are doing.It started before we all had that big meeting where it was nothing but smoke n mirrors spewed that night,Nothing changed,it all stayed the same and now i think this organization and the players owe the fans a big apology on this very disappointing season!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 am

I blame the owners and not Dips, I believe he is a great GM (others don't) however his hands were tied and that deadline by a dead beat ownership group. Forced to make trades and to salvage this season instead of make deals like he did with Tavares and Delzotto and rebuild for the future. The future could have been bright and the cupboards full of picks and prospects. Unfotunately 2 playoff gates was deemed more important.

If I recall the gens has about 3000-3500 the first few playoff games last year. So lets say 7000 fans for two games at 20$ a person. Thats 140000 in extra revenue. You know what is also that much money? 250 season ticket holders.

These decisions erode the season ticket holder base, and ya maybe there won't be that many drop, but I know several people talking of not renewing including me (be it for a totally different reason).

I don't get business sometimes.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 am

I was talking to a head scout from Phoenix at the Niagara game and he is not surprised at our team play - as it is quite common for 1 st round picks to fall off the map - BUT next year =- they will be dynomite.

So it is what it is one of those years - next year will be better - hopefully better drafting

I wouldn' mind Dale Degray coming back to the GENS

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am

Do any of you think back to last year when the team that hammered us

last week end twice - was the last place team in the entire OHL HOW does

that happen - they made us look like a last place team

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down