Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens v Saginaw

+2
archer_gens
Oshawa fan
6 posters

Go down

Gens v Saginaw Empty Gens v Saginaw

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 am

Gens win 3-2 in a shootout. Another good effort

Baillie stopped 47 shots.

Good efforts by both goaltenders this weekend.

3 important points gained on the road trip.

Now if this can continue.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Gens v Saginaw Empty Re: Gens v Saginaw

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:08 am

Good to hear.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 am

where are all the bashers out there today...None of you thought a three point weekend...They will be dangerous in the playoffs..hopefully Jenner gets healthy

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 am

kenner60981 wrote:where are all the bashers out there today...None of you thought a three point weekend...They will be dangerous in the playoffs..hopefully Jenner gets healthy

The bashers were just making a prediction based on the way the Gen's are playing it's nothing personal there are still important games to be played like the 2 games against the Pete's,same amount of games left we are 3 points ahead.I think it's going to be between us and them for the last playoff spot(and I'm not bashing)
I'm pleased that they got 3 out of 4 points this weekend because the way they were playing of late I never thought it would be possible.Congratulations on a good weekend. cheers
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

kenner60981 wrote:where are all the bashers out there today...None of you thought a three point weekend...They will be dangerous in the playoffs..hopefully Jenner gets healthy

Giving up almost 50 shots is ridiculous. Thank their lucky stars for solid goaltending this weekend.

Still more tough games ahead. They need to cut back on shots against big time. I'm surprised they came out with any points, but they did, and that is obviously a good thing.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 pm

A lot of similarities between the Gens and Saginaw. Both predicted to have strong, competitive teams. Both with good veteran corps of players, mediocre goaltending but 3-4 potentally big scorers like Shalla, Saad, McFarland, Trocheck and Ross versus counterparts on the Gens like Jenner, Jensen, Andreoff, Laughton and Lessio. both teams have disappointed big time and have been mirror images of each other throughout the season.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Mcfarland was traded to Ottawa earlier this season. Sagninaw looked dominate beating the Gens in Oshawa earlier this season.

As to kenner's point- if you read my post it said it depended which team showed up. It was the team that played against the Ice Dogs not the Colts.

Building on this weekend is the key now.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 pm

As for the bashers when I suggested how many points we'd see the Gens get this weekend many seemed to think 2 was possible. 3 really isn't that big of a deal. We need to get all points here on out. Gens need to land 6th if they want a chance to win a few playoff games. Ottawa and Niagara are gonna dominate the first round.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm

archer_gens wrote:As for the bashers when I suggested how many points we'd see the Gens get this weekend many seemed to think 2 was possible. 3 really isn't that big of a deal. We need to get all points here on out. Gens need to land 6th if they want a chance to win a few playoff games. Ottawa and Niagara are gonna dominate the first round.

archer_gens I bet you never thought they would get 3 of 4 points after the way they were playing as of late,I'm happy they did
but it was never a bashing post it was just a predictions on goals for and against not total points Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Archer they have played pretty well against Niagara this year..We won there and it was a close game here..I think we could surprise them in the playoffs..Sudbury went on a pretty good roll a couple of years ago and hopefull y it can happen for the gens..Sorry im a diehard

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down