Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens @ Petes

+7
LX
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
jaycro
Generalizations
Gens Camper
kenner60981
archer_gens
11 posters

Go down

Gens @ Petes Empty Gens @ Petes

Post by archer_gens Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Last win of the season?
The game means nothing, I can see us stitting out players and losing to the Petes.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Petes Empty Re: Gens @ Petes

Post by kenner60981 Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Just down at the ticket office to pick up my playoff tickets and the game is pretty well sold out..Just some singles and medallion left

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Petes Empty Petes game

Post by Gens Camper Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

There will be a lot of empty seats - as some who bought or have seasons will stay home as game means little

My hope is it doesn't get ugly

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I am shocked at the negativity in here. Who cares if the game is irrelevant in the standings? This is about pride, tradition, and sweeping the Petes!

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Fire the entire coaching staff and GM asap. A new ( not Agnew) 'culture'' is needed around this hockey team. Another pathetic effort all round!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Including new ownership who does not put on a dog and pony show at the town hall meeting
The biggest pantload in the "O"

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:26 pm

anyone else think its strange that for "this season" and advertised for next season in the season ticket promotions was monthly town hall meetings.... and we've had "1" this year.... can we sue rocco for false advertising? lol

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Generalizations wrote:I am shocked at the negativity in here. Who cares if the game is irrelevant in the standings? This is about pride, tradition, and sweeping the Petes!

You should have let the guys wearing the red jerseys know what today was all about. It may have changed the outcome of the game. Great 20 minutes guys.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm

jaycro wrote:Fire the entire coaching staff and GM asap. A new ( not Agnew) 'culture'' is needed around this hockey team. Another pathetic effort all round!

I agree for the most part. I haven't minded Agnew but questioned why Altshuller did not start last night and give Bailie a rest and go into the playoffs with some confidence....Say good bye to that as he started to look like the old Bailie with no confidence....felt bad for him. Not that I have much hope against Niagara but now it may be a question of how many goals Niagara gets. Hope not but we will see

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I agree nerfherder (whatever that is?). Don't know why Altshuller was not used? I thought he should have started or, at least, been put in at some point. And why was there not a timeout called to settle the boys down during that second period bebacle? Many questions could be asked and many more answers need to be forthcoming! Not impressed at all, either with last night, the night previous or the whole season for that matter. I expected so much more from the hype surrounding this team from the get-go.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:20 pm

jaycro wrote:I agree nerfherder (whatever that is?). Don't know why Altshuller was not used? I thought he should have started or, at least, been put in at some point. And why was there not a timeout called to settle the boys down during that second period bebacle? Many questions could be asked and many more answers need to be forthcoming! Not impressed at all, either with last night, the night previous or the whole season for that matter. I expected so much more from the hype surrounding this team from the get-go.

what hype?
The Fans themsleves started all this hype....not the team!
is ownership Disappointed, yes
is the G.M. Disappointed, yes
are some of the players Disappointed, yes
are the fans Disappointed, yes

but who really started all this hype you speak of?
I believe the GM/coach & ownership had confidence going into this season but in no way did they "pump" up the media or fans that we would have this wonderful season full of giggles.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Most 'experts' predicted that the Gennies would be a Memorial Cup contender this year, at the very least in the top 3 in contention for the Eastern Confererence. This is where the diappointment comes in. Scorers who didn't score, leaders who didn't lead and veterans who did not play to their potential. A great deal of this comes from failure of the coaching staff to deal with these failures.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

jaycro wrote:Most 'experts' predicted that the Gennies would be a Memorial Cup contender this year, at the very least in the top 3 in contention for the Eastern Confererence. This is where the diappointment comes in. Scorers who didn't score, leaders who didn't lead and veterans who did not play to their potential. A great deal of this comes from failure of the coaching staff to deal with these failures.

oh ok
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:07 pm

jaycro wrote:Most 'experts' predicted that the Gennies would be a Memorial Cup contender this year, at the very least in the top 3 in contention for the Eastern Confererence. This is where the diappointment comes in. Scorers who didn't score, leaders who didn't lead and veterans who did not play to their potential. A great deal of this comes from failure of the coaching staff to deal with these failures.

I think the coaches were scratching their heads trying to deal with this group. A coaching change had little appreciable difference. I think that the leadership on the team both on the ice and in the dressing room needs to change. Whether or not that means a change of personnel or a change of attitude I am not sure but there is obviously a problem with the apparent lack of intensity some nights and at times during the game.

A frustrating season for sure. I will be there for the playoffs hoping against hope for success.

I look forward to a fresh approach and start next season ( as I have every year for a very long time). I hope to be watching the Gens succeed in the near future. The lack of meaningful success since 1997 is frustrating (but then I could be a Leafs fan). Laughing

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Is there much differance right now between the leafs & gens,except the fact the gens are in the playoffs but just as fast as they started they will be over,just like tonights leafs game vs. the bruins....coaching change,no differance made.....sellouts but still no differance,promises of better hockey each year but not true and BS promises from all around that go unfullfilled....WOW YIKES..IM GONNA SHUT UP NOW CAUSE THE SIMULARITIES SCARE ME!!! Rolling Eyes

P.S - 5-0 BOSTON

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 pm

jaycro wrote:I agree nerfherder (whatever that is?). Don't know why Altshuller was not used? I thought he should have started or, at least, been put in at some point. And why was there not a timeout called to settle the boys down during that second period bebacle? Many questions could be asked and many more answers need to be forthcoming! Not impressed at all, either with last night, the night previous or the whole season for that matter. I expected so much more from the hype surrounding this team from the get-go.

Haha ..Nerfherder is from Empire Stirkes back.......I can see that the reason that Bailie may have not been pulled is the theory you can also blow a goalies confidence pulling him...so I will give him that but ya a time out is a good point. I guess Agnew was going through the motions as well knowing he only has 2 games of junior left.

I think the best thing about last nights game was when Rocco was on the ice and some guy yelled "We need an owner that cares" and he looked up....hahaha perfect.....Oh and Clarkies 2 goals.....play him more coach at least he is a team player!

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 am

That was me. I started with a boo. Then thought I needed to step it up. I dd t notice he looked around tho. Lol

LX

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down