Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vs Pete's

+7
mcintyre
LX
blakejo
bologna
Gens_Fan_22
steamed
archer_gens
11 posters

Go down

Gens vs Pete's Empty Gens vs Pete's

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Ex game number 3 is sold out, the rink should be rocking for Saturdays game! Hope it's as heated as thursday.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens vs Pete's Empty Re: Gens vs Pete's

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:45 am

Gens win 5-1

14 players ejected for fighting.

Nice Game.

From there I think the Gens organization should give there heads a shake, having these game in tiny buildings and allowing them to go over capacity like they did. Theres bigger arenas in the area, I get that it's for charity however you should be looking out for the fans still.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 am

archer_gens your comment Quote:Gens organization should give there heads a shake, Like you said it was for charity,it was great that the Gen's organization are going to different parts of Durham region so kids that can't make games in Oshawa or to get the kids interested in the Gen's (or OHL hockey).
kodo's to the Gen's organization for doing this Very Happy
PS. I think this years team may surprise people.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 am

Good game once they decided to play hockey.
I was really impressed how Michael Dal Colle has played in the two exhibition games. Nice to see Ken Appleby have a good game after that one in Niagara.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

I agree 100% that doing charity events and things for the community are great, I just didn't like how it was run. Why not support Pickering or Whitby minor hockey where there are bigger rinks.

P.S. don't think for a second that this was done for the good of the community. This was done because the Gens lose money when they host preseason games at the GMC. That comes directly from a member of the staff. Why would they host an event at the GMC when they have to give tickets away for free.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:44 pm

of course its done for the community...they did the same thing in pickering last year

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

bologna wrote:of course its done for the community...they did the same thing in pickering last year

Pickering was a Brampton Home Game.

Gens held one in Port Perry versus Belleville.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Believe what you want, that's not the reasoning behind hosting these off site games though.

yes its great that charities are being involved, it's actually a great way for a few kids to get a chance to play hockey.

Bottom line it's to much money to give STH's tickets to pre-season games for free at the GMC, and I guess they don't want to add the cost to our STH packages.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

And you have the inside track Wink archer_gens on the reasoning behind hosting these off site games and maybe you can tell me what the lotto max numbers are going to be this friday as I do want to retire Laughing
but I do have a sugestion stay home and don't support what the gen's are doing for the community there not forcing you to go,this is not about STH it's about COMMUNIITY Rolling Eyes

See you in Bowmanville Tuesday Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am

I doubt the ownership we have now cares much about the community. I would believe this is more of a business decision then anything. (that is just my opinion of course) Cheaper and hoping to find new fans. With that said if this helps more kids to play hockey then it's a good thing.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 am

I took in the game Saturday and what started out to be a fast and intense game turned into a scrap fest in the second period. The Gens website write up never mentioned that 7 Gens were ejected and if the suspension rules hold up in exhibition, there will be suspensions coming. I am pretty sure that Cassels, Brown and Carlyle might get suspensions for second fights on the same stoppage in play. Here's the Gens that were tossed for fighting:

Hamilton
Cassels
Brown
Lloyd
Jenner
Carlyle
Petschenig

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:34 pm

I do when it comes straight from the horse's mouth Steamed. I don't feel like throwing the person under the bus who said it, however it came from within the organization.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 pm

archer_gens wrote:I do when it comes straight from the horse's mouth Steamed. I don't feel like throwing the person under the bus who said it, however it came from within the organization.

I highly doubt it that it came from within the organization,but if it did so what you don't have to support and ex games that are being played outside the GMC,other OHL teams also do this service,But I'll bet I'll see you in bowmanville tuesday Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Enjoy yourself I'm not going on Tuesday actually.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 pm

archer_gens wrote:Enjoy yourself I'm not going on Tuesday actually.

Thanks I will cheers
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 am

Very Happy
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:06 pm

I don't want to keep talking about the game in Ajax
(this will be my last post on the subject)
But this is why it was done.
To quote:The money raised will allow 12 children to play minor hockey in Ajax who wouldn't have otherwise had the means to keep active and join their friends in the great game of hockey. Very Happy

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the community of Ajax benefitted from the event. If that's the way it came across it wasn't meant to. However you have stated the same thing multiple times, and it doesn't change that what I stated came right out of the mouth of someone in the Generals organization.

GMC pre season games lose money.
Community games benefit the community.

I think both of the above are extremely true.

That being said what is really more important to a business? Sending 12 kids to hockey, or not losing money? My point was meant to be that if your going to host these events maybe use a bigger facility so more people can attend, and that it would be nice if they stopped taking away perks. STH's pay the bills.

I stand by my statement that my info came from someone in the know within the organization, you can believe what you want to.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

It is upsetting that we STH have lost two post season games and all pre season games. And prices keep going up. But it's great to hear some kids will get to play hockey now

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

pre season games r boring to watch just imo.
#1gensfan
#1gensfan

Number of posts : 9
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Agreed. Just sucks losing what we had.

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by marty12 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I think that the pre season is exactly that Pre season. it is the time to try out players, and build fans. If going to a smaller arena in a small town helps build fans then I think that is totally what they should do. I also think if they lose money having pre season games at the GM centre then they should look for a location that is cheaper to play in. This makes sense for everyone, benefits some young hockey players and saves the team some money. As for the STH how many actually went to the pre season games anyway?

marty12

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 pm

I think as a hockey club, the Gens have always tried to teach the kids playing, that part of that role, is to be an active participant in the community. If I am not mistaken, that is why a high school diploma now has a community service component.
Just too bad, we don't get some kind of game in the pre-season at our home arena. But I won't lose any sleep over it.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

I am guessing Clark didn't play this game? Or is it because in the first Pete's game he had a scrap and got the game misconduct?

Always love my Clark. Little distruber he is!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:39 pm

marty12 wrote:. As for the STH how many actually went to the pre season games anyway?

I know of a lot of people who had they been included with our package or a cheaper price at the GMC would have attended the games. After paying likes of 500-800 for a season, its a slap in the face to say oh by the way, if you wanna to see what this year's team is going to look like its going to cost you an extra $20 per person. With some sth, they may have 2,3,4 sets and thats an extra $40 per game for your family.

I couldn't believe last night that on top of the $10 ticket i paid for I had to pay an extra $1 for the lineup. I was in Peterborough the other night for the game and I paid $7 for my ticket and the lineup was handed to me free of charge at the door. The petes had a decent crowd, way bigger then what showed up in Clarington last night.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down