Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Roster heading into the season

+4
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Gens Camper
mcintyre
8 posters

Go down

Final Roster heading into the season Empty Final Roster heading into the season

Post by mcintyre Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 pm

The Gens posted their roster on the website. It looks like the last decision to be made is the final OA spot. All along we thought it was between Sab and Clarke but I would not be surprised to see JT keep both make a move with Schemisch....there are a few teams that would covet an OA defenseman and from all accounts, the team is very happy with Petchenig and Hore and even Hamilton....

Could something be in the works??

Thoughts?

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Final Roster heading into the season Empty final roster

Post by Gens Camper Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 pm

It may be an OA def that gets moved BUT it may Petgrave

I can't remember the last time we had too many O A 'S

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Final Roster heading into the season Empty Re: Final Roster heading into the season

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 pm

After preseason I say cut Petgrave, if going off of last years performance then I say Shemitch, not a Sabby fan but damn he played like he wants it so bad, and if he's gonna play that way all year I want him on the team. Clark has the same kind of heart. Just didn't see it from the OA dmen, maybe cause it was assumed they were guranteed spots.

Very true I like our depth at D, and if it goes south we could always pick up a dman down the road to give the rookies a rest.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Final Roster heading into the season Empty Re: Final Roster heading into the season

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Any news on Thomas? What are the chances he makes top 2 lines for the wolf pack. He sure would look good back here. Pet grave is our point man on the pp so he's staying. Can't wait until the season starts. The key to this year will be the first 10 games. Remember last year we should have started out well with that team and it all went down hill. I'm liking what hearing about the new voice behind the bench with dj smith.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Thomas is eligible for the ECHL as well so if he is low line AHL they might play him on the top line of the ECHL for part of the year. Also with the lockout he could head over seas like Jensen.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 pm

I really don't think Thomas is AHL ready.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree jaycrobut if he wants to play down here in Kingston, the Fronts could use him. I can hardly wait to see the Gens and the Fronts match up.(November 30th down here)Looks like the gens have some talent and a coach. I was told that all oa players stay on their junior team until they are moved to a higher level, confirmed junior, traded or released. The date to cut down to 3 overage players is??? . Does this supposition seem right? Good to see that you are among the living jaycro. Kindest regards, the old croc , chief evaluator of Queens' co-eds.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 pm

the cut off for oa is sometime in november i think not sure tho.
#1gensfan
#1gensfan

Number of posts : 9
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 pm

#1gensfan wrote:the cut off for oa is sometime in november i think not sure tho.
i thought it was around the trade deadline.. could be wrong

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 pm

there is two cuts, a cut down to 4 date which i thought was october, and then the cut down to 3. Could be different with the lockout this year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I believe you can protect 4 players until Mid November

The date to name your 3 O A 'S is on the trade deadline day around Jan 10

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down