Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens at Belleville Sat. Sept 29

+3
generalsfan
archer_gens
Generals2010
7 posters

Go down

Gens at Belleville Sat. Sept 29 Empty Gens at Belleville Sat. Sept 29

Post by Generals2010 Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Hope the Gens can hand it to the Bulls again like they did in Bowmanville. Ken Appleby starting tonight or tomorrow? Should be a great game. Bulls are gonna be a challenge all year. Would like to see Will Petschenig get some ice time this weekend. I know the chances of getting christian back this year are slim to none but that would be amazing. Let's go you gennies.............................. WOOOOOOO!!!! Smile
Generals2010
Generals2010

Number of posts : 70
Seat Section : 119
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Gens at Belleville Sat. Sept 29 Empty Re: Gens at Belleville Sat. Sept 29

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Training camp is just starting in the AHL so we should know Christians status soon, even if it is unlikely he returns. I'm curious if he would go play in the ECHL if they cut him from the AHL.

Bulls are gonna be a tough team all year, there goaltending is amazing when Subban is on his game. If they want to win tonight they are gonna have to use Altshuller.

I'm all for all players (including goalies) getting icetime, but going into a Teams home opener when they are probably as pumped up as there gonna be all regular season your gonna need to have all hands on deck.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:42 pm

There's something about a win in Belleville that just feels extra good, doesn't it? Very Happy

Nice to see the Gens successfully defend a lead on the road so early in the season. That will build some good confidence for future road games.

Some great things happening right now for the Gens:

- Perfect 3-0 record against division teams, scoring 5 goals in each of those 3 games
- We've scored a PP goal in every game
- In each of the last 2 games, the Gens have allowed fewer than 25 shots
- Also in the last 2 games, the Gens only allowed the Petes 12 shots over the final 40 minutes on Friday and the Bulls 14 shots over the final 40 minutes tonight

Hopefully another win tomorrow. Would be nice to have a perfect record for the first 3 in 3! cheers

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:22 am

The Gens seem to be buying into what the coach is selling and I love it.

About time that the team started looking like a team. There is still alot of work to be done but it's early.

Keep up the good work boys.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

Another good effort. Winning games early in the season is important.

Any one understand what happened on the disallowed goal. On Rogers it looked clearly like the puck was in. Do the video replay officials have that view as well?

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:39 am

Oshawa fan wrote:Another good effort. Winning games early in the season is important.

Any one understand what happened on the disallowed goal. On Rogers it looked clearly like the puck was in. Do the video replay officials have that view as well?

I saw it as a goal, even the netting moved. On the same play the Bulls player covered the puck with his hand in the crease so it should have been a penalty shot at the very least. Totally butchered call by the ref and video judge. Maybe the OHL needs to hire those NFL replacement refs lol.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Big win for the Gens last night. We have struggled in Belleville for a long time . We usually struggle on that ice surface. The d system has been noticeably better so far. Tonight we play another stingy team that doesn't score much but also doesn't allow many goals . A 3 win weekend would be great!

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I love beating the Bulls! And Burnett.

Good team wins, in all of our wins so far. A lot of good team spirit so far. We will see how this team responds over the year, but I think we have a coach that has laid down , what he expects. And the team is responding.

I like he let the kids play when the Pete's game was in the bag. And used all 4 lines in last nights game. Hughes with a timely goal, and Petgrave almost buried them too. That should give them confidence.
And it is really nice, to see some defense in front of our goalie. Not letting him hang out to dry, like we have in the past. All good things to grow on!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't think whether or not the player closed his hand on the puck is reviewable. It's to bad we were unable to see the overhead camera. I assume the overhead camera was inconclusive.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down