Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shots on goal

+3
LX
mcintyre
Peter_Puck
7 posters

Go down

Shots on goal Empty Shots on goal

Post by Peter_Puck Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm

The definition of insanity is the doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The last game against the Rangers saw repeated shots no higher than the goalie pads, how frustrating; and the lack of a man in front of the net, or clearly missed opportunities where a corner of the net was open. Granted we are moving the puck much better compared to last season. Last season consisted of the "Thomas Slapshot" which was so obvious that after so many games the visiting team would come to expect this play. Why could Petgrave not play forward and allow the other rookie defenceman to play while injuries and suspension have hit the team. If we are suppose to be defensive minded, is it not obvious to the coach when a player such as Petgrave is showing signs that he is a one man crew that cannot play the same level of defense when he is playing the minutes he does. How many times has Petgrave dropped the ball, and minutes later scored or helped set a play up but at what cost, and is it too late to get back into the game. Most teams would not gamble with uncertainty. There are signs that we need a little more help. Two players do not make a team and yes not having Lessio or Laughton is hurting us. But that is also showing that the coach needs to open his eyes, if we lose Jenner to injury or the NHL resumes what then.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Shots on goal Empty Re: Shots on goal

Post by mcintyre Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

We have hit the 20 game mark (of which the last 10 have not been a true indication of what this team really is based on injury and suspension). Like all teams, this is the time when moves are made. You can rest assured that some guys on this team are on the trade block to see what they could attract in return to make us better. Expect some moves very soon...even minor ones. DJ seems like the kind of coach that likes to keep players on their toes and fearing for their jobs.

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

I have a strange feeling Their waiting on the NHL. Mainly if Jenner gets the call. If he does we're a little screwed and I'd expect us to trade away (ie Lessio, Biggs, Petgrave) who ever has value that won't be here next year. Since the memorial cup in in the O next year they may try to host if we get good players (younger) back. Otherwise we are close when healthy and no suspension (which won't be till mid January) could be an interesting few months

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

So confused with some posts!

We just finished a hard weekend in which we lost all 3. We had 125 shots over 3 games and avg of 41 per. we scored 5 goals and we faced the #1 goalie in the league to date. Jenner Played 4 in 4. We have injuries & a suspension.

High risk = high reward

We are 2nd in the conference & 7th overall
We sit at #5 on the PP & 13 on the PK

Let’s not start the rebuild for the cup just yet eh.

I just think the boys are doing better than expected from a team perspective not necessary a fan's perspective.

my $0.02 worth Smile
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

I think the coaches know what they are doing. Two of the top players are out which basically means the Gens have not much of a second line. I think the guys playing are doing well.

They need some one with a touch around the net (Lessio ?) to make the difference in these games where they cannot store.

Gibson might be the best goaltender in the league but Barrie's goaltender is not far from that. The results in both Friday and Sunday's games could have been different with a little better touch around the net.

Petgrave is the answer to what the Gens have missed in the past. A defenceman who can move the puck. He does make mistakes too but he helps open the ice for others. Putting him on forward would be a coaching error.

My concern with coaching is that the 4th line gets very little ice time. But then I am not the coach. I worry that 4th line guys do not develop without a chance to play. Some of those guys are on the the 3rd line just now with the players out.

I would take a deep breath and relax. The effort is there but the results are not. I am certainly happy to see the effort and intensity the team plays with most of the time.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

I'm not trying for the give up and "rebuild" thing. I've been a STH for 15 years now and we have been rebuilding 14 of them. All I was trying to say is that we're in trouble for the near future. Jenner and uvira will be at the work JRs, possibly Biggs and Laughton might get calls to the can and us camps (who knows) With regards to the 4th line not getting ice time I'm pretty sure that's because our 4th line is officially the 3rd at the moment. Those guys are playing hard and would be nice I see them get a goal or two. Especially in these close games. Not throwing in the towel yet but the next month and a bit will be tricky.

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

As far as the Memorial cup host for next year, how about Kingston, the birthplace of hockey, lots of hotels, modern rink, great tourist attractions OR Ottawa, which will have a brand new rink and all of the pluses of Kingston.Discuss among yourselves.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I sence a troll. Lol. The only problem with Kingston is.... Your in Kingston. Lol

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

That is a troll but that troll followed the Gens for decades while living here...so he's legit!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Another thought! As has been suggested previously, the Gens may have to put some players up for grabs if not considered a threat this year in order to re-build next year. There will be substantial losses in player talent before next year and as far as I can tell, the Gennies do not have their 2nd round selections for the next two years. Feel free to correct me and/or add to that 'list". Does anyone keep track of those things (trades and draft position moves)?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down