Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plymouth hit on Tyler

3 posters

Go down

Plymouth hit on Tyler Empty Plymouth hit on Tyler

Post by archer_gens Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm

As per tsn, makes me happy. I think suspensions should be served period.

Ottawa Senators prospect Stefan Noesen has been ruled ineligible to play for the United States at the world junior hockey championship because he is serving a suspension.

The International Ice Hockey Federationupholds suspensions from certified leagues. It notified USA Hockey on Monday that Noesen won't be allowed to play at the under-20 tournament that begins Dec. 26 in Ufa, Russia.

Noesen, of the Plymouth Whalers, was given a 10-game suspension by the Ontario Hockey League for charging after a hit on Tyler Hore of the Oshawa Generals in a game Dec. 8. He will have seven games remaining to serve when the world junior event begins.

The Plano, Texas, native, drafted 21st overall by Ottawa in 2011, has 17 goals and nine assists in 26 games for Plymouth this season. He was expected to play on one of the American team's top lines.

"While we respect the IIHF's decision, we don't feel the process is equitable," Dave Ogrean, executive director of USA Hockey,' said in a statement. "Moving forward, we'll work with the IIHF and other federations to address the situation."

The U.S. squad is to leave Tuesday for Finland for final preparations for the world tournament. With Noesen out, there were 26 players in camp. Three will be cut before the event.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Plymouth hit on Tyler Empty Re: Plymouth hit on Tyler

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Very Happy Good, why should he get rewarded for 1.injuring our player & 2. getting a suspension...i love it, great,too bad for u bud,hes gonna have to wake up at 4am like the rest of us to watch it on tv,doubtful but whatever i dont care....maybe he will think twice before acting like a tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Although i agree with the iihf decision, i wonder how you felt when Laughton played in the prospects game even though he was suspended for his deliberate hit on the 67s player. And since you are calling Noesen a tool for his hit on hore, you also feel Laughton is a tool? Since his hit was just as harsh.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm

I think it is wrong. He should miss 10 OHL games as that is where he committed the foul.

Canada is fortunate that Huberdeau did not find himself in the same situation.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 am

Huberdeau's suspension was over before camp started so is kinda insingnificant really so it does'nt really matter. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:43 am

my point is this rule could easily have impacted Canada as well. It is a bad rule in my view. Does the same rule apply to an NHL suspension in the Olympics or World Championship?

I expect the rule will be changed as in Noosen's case the suspension is doubly harsh over any other OHL suspensions this year.

I wonder if the QMHL was aware of this rule when Huberdeau only got 4 games for abuse of an official.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 am

Your right Laughton did play, and I didn't think he should have. However he still served 10 games. Had this player played at the WJHC the player would not have served 10 games.

Whats to stop Laughton from signing a card with the Whitby Fury when he got suspended in the OHL and playing the whole time.

Punishments should be served, that being said I would be all for him being allowed to play if his suspension had been paused while he wasn't in the OHL.

For example only games where a player sits in the press box count towards a suspension. Thus players can't vacation or play in tournaments while there suspension is being served.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down