Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This years team vs last year - next year

2 posters

Go down

This years team vs last year - next year Empty This years team vs last year - next year

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 pm

It is very puzzling to me as to why so many of you feel next year cannot be as good or better than this year

Last year - We lost J.P Labardo,Andy Andreoff,Nicklas Jensen, Christian Thomas , Emerson Clark, Josh Graves, on defence - Daniel Maggio , Nick Quinn and Julian Melchiori

And we have lost Lucas Lessio for over 1/2 of the year and Matt Petgrave 1/4 of the year this year

Who would have predicted we would be in first place at the x- mas break

Next year - We lose O A - Scott Sabourin, Matt Petgrave and Schemitsch

Those not likely back Tyler Biggs , Boone Jenner, Sebastien Uvira , Trevor Morabeck , Lucas Lessio and Collin Sulentrop - however 3 of this group could be O A

Every year every team has a 1/3 team turnover even London - it is how you develop your players and I think our coaching staff are the best we have had in years - the secret is to find a way to get your players to buy in and over achieve

So I look forward to the rest of this year and next year - not sure why 2017 would be a better team than this year or next

GO GENS GO -

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

This years team vs last year - next year Empty Re: This years team vs last year - next year

Post by archer_gens Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 am

I don't think we will be terrible next year, but we are not a Memorial Cup host team, is what I think people are getting at.

It really will depend on the NHL lockout. Last lockout over 200 NHL players lost there jobs when all was said and done. Those spots were filled with youth. I don't think the numbers will be so big this time because the NHL has already gone through a youth movement.

NHL CBA could mean lots of guys back or not back depending on terms.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down