Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenner and Laughton

+10
Rinkrat
chupa81
TipcoSr
mygens
core33
archer_gens
#1gensfan38
Gens Camper
steamed
KHE
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jenner and Laughton Empty Jenner and Laughton

Post by KHE Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Can anyone confirm whether they have left already or will they be in the lineup tonight?

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Jenner and Laughton Empty Re: Jenner and Laughton

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

I was just texted by a freind who said they saw boone at the gm center eirlier today and that boone will be leaving for colombus tommorrow.I am not sure bout laughton though sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

KHE wrote:Can anyone confirm whether they have left already or will they be in the lineup tonight?

I hear that Jenner has already left to Colombus and the Flyers didn't invite Laughton to camp, I guess we will find out tonight.
My prediction.Johnny McGuire will drop the gloves with Mathers Wink
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Jenner and Laughton Empty Jenner - Laughton

Post by Gens Camper Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Hopefully Jenner can be at the game to see a True GENS send off

Good Luck to Scott and Boone as they enter a new part of their development

All GENS FANS HOPE YOU DO WELL - BUT AS FANS WE ARE SELFISH AND HOPE YOU RETURN - at least until May

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm

lol @ Steamed me 2

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:56 am

Columbus invited only 15 forwards to camp. I assume the team will carry 14.

Sad

Laughton is likely to make the Flyers because Briere is out for the first 7-10 days of the season. Once Briere is healthy Laughton will be sent down. It's an easy solution to the Flyers problems.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 am

January 28th would be Jenners 6th game

Laughtons would be the 27th.

Either way we will know 100% within two weeks what we are dealing with.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

archer_gens wrote:January 28th would be Jenners 6th game

Laughtons would be the 27th.

Either way we will know 100% within two weeks what we are dealing with.

Healthy scratches happen all the time especially with the younger players. Two weeks from now is no timeframe at all. Laughton is probaby just going to camp because he is their 1st rounder. I don't think he'll play many if any games.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 pm

I don't see any NHL team scratching them this late in the year, they learn nothing from sitting, and everything from playing.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Jenner and Laughton Empty Jenner / Laughton - return date

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

The time limit is 5 games if a junior player plays 6 games he is on the roster for the season

Call ups would most likely come from the AHL - but OHL players could stay for the 5 games which would be around the

end of January - Most OHL players conditioning would be further along than some of the NHLers who were not playing

that is why some juniors will get the 5 game tryout - I can't see many NHL teams using a jr players contract yr on a short year

My guess is Laughton will be back no later than 5 games and Jenner we can hope

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Both will be back !!!! Laughton first , then jenner , the speed of the nhl is another thing all together ! Keep in mind Jenner didnt really dominate at the worlds , he will be ready next year !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

This is in Philly’s newspaper doesn’t look good...
Scott Laughton made a good first impression on the man who matters most - coach Peter Laviolette - as the Flyers opened their six-day training camp Sunday in front of a standing-room-only crowd in Voorhees.
"He certainly didn't look out of place," Laviolette said.
Laughton, an 18-year-old center who was the Flyers' first-round pick in the June draft, will be given every opportunity to earn a roster spot.
"I thought he did a nice job out there," said Laviolette, who had watched Laughton play one junior game for Oshawa this season. "System-wise, he seemed to understand. He's a smart kid . . . a smart two-way player."
Laughton centered a line with Wayne Simmonds and Matt Read.
"It felt pretty good just to get my feet wet and get to know the guys," Laughton said.
Like Sean Couturier, who made the team out of training camp as an 18-year-old last season, Laughton has a defense-first mentality.
"It's always come naturally to me," he said. "I think I play the right way."
Playing for the Oshawa Generals in the Ontario Hockey League, Laughton had 33 points (13 goals) in 32 games this season. He missed 10 games because of a suspension for a hit to the head.
The 6-foot, 190-pound Laughton "plays the game properly in his own end and skates real well," general manager Paul Holmgren said. "He brings an element of toughness to his game. He's really good on faceoffs. I think this week is good for him, and we'll see where it goes."
Laughton can remain with the Flyers for five games before they have to make a decision on whether to send him back to his junior team. Once he played his sixth game, it would count as a year toward his contract.
Since Danny Briere is sidelined by a wrist injury and may not be ready for the first few games, Laughton could win a roster spot.
Does Holmgren consider him a long shot to break camp with the team?
"What did I say about Couturier last year? Highly unlikely? I don't know," Holmgren said. "I think it was important for us to bring him [Laughton] in and just be a part of this process because we missed it in the fall. Obviously, he's a young player in our organization that we think highly of, and we wanted to have him take part in this."
Laughton, a native of Oakville, Ontario, who is living with teammate Scott Hartnell during training camp, said his goal was to "do everything I can to make the team."
"Nerves were huge flying down," Laughton said. "I had a game Friday night and flew here Saturday."
He was bypassed for a tryout with the Canadian Junior World team, which he said was "definitely disappointing. But going back to Oshawa, I got a lot of opportunities, and I think that really helped my game and is part of the reason I'm here right now."
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 pm

THIS ARTICLE I JUST FOUND FROM TSN.CA

It appears that Flyers centre Danny Briere won't be out as long as originally thought.

According to the Philaldelphia Inquirer, an MRI on Briere's wrist revealed a hairline fracture but the healing process seems to be progressing and he is not expected to miss many games.

Briere injured the wrist last month while playing in Germany during the lockout and it was diagnosed as a sprain or bone bruise.

"It might not be as long as we initially thought," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren told the Inquirer. "The injury showed it's a little further along, in a good way, than what we had initially anticipated. It probably changes, at least my thoughts, about him being out an extended period of time."

Briere, who has not skated for two weeks, is "iffy" to play in the Flyers' first two regular season games this weekend but he could be back next week.

So if breire comes back early, does laughton get sent back to us or to the AHL. ?

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Laughton can't get sent to the AHL...the only options for Laughton are the Philadelphia Flyers or the Oshawa Generals.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:34 pm

I Think they both stay up for 5 games and get sent back down.. Laugton has been put on the 3rd line which is great. I've been looking at the Blue Jackets site and Jenner has been placed on the 5th and 6th line.. Looks like to me Philly is giveing Laughton a good chance to make it out of the gate, and Jenner not so much.. But time will tell

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm

chupa81 wrote:I Think they both stay up for 5 games and get sent back down.. Laugton has been put on the 3rd line which is great. I've been looking at the Blue Jackets site and Jenner has been placed on the 5th and 6th line.. Looks like to me Philly is giveing Laughton a good chance to make it out of the gate, and Jenner not so much.. But time will tell

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=772&id=193277&lang=en

Video about Laughton above.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Opening night rosters must be set by friday at 3. I assume that rosters must be down to 23 by then, can anyone confirm.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Final 23 Player Rosters must be submitted Friday by 3pm. We know that both Laughton and Jenner will be on them as both teams have said they are going to play some games. 'Final Rosters' will change for alot of teams for the first bit.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

True but it will be interesting to see who the 23 players are. Just because if a team cuts or trades a centre or only carrys 4 that makes it more likely they keep them. In my opinion.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkrat Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 pm

McGinn demoted; Laughton looks like lock

POSTED: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 9:54 PM

Sam Carchidi, Inquirer Staff Writer

With Tye McGinn sent back to the AHL Phantoms on Wednesday evening, center Scott Laughton looks like a lock to make the Flyers' opening-day roster.

Laughton, 18, was the Flyers' first-round pick in June.

In Wednesday's practice, Laughton centered Wayne Simmonds and Matt Read — wingers who combined for 52 goals last year.

The Flyers figure to give Laughton at least a five-game look-see. Once he plays in his sixth game, a year would be burned off his contract.

Last season, Sean Couturier, then 18, earned a roster spot in training camp and finished with 13 goals and a plus-18 rating.

Rinkrat

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Per Loosepucks... Boone Jenner will be returned to Oshawa today.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Just got this from a guy that states he is from Columbus on the HF boards.
Haven't seen anything official yet will keep looking so take it for what it is worth. Lets hope we get Laughton back too.

Boone Jenner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up Jenner was cut from Columbus. I assume that means he'll return to Oshawa

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Rported on Columbus site that Jenner has been sent back to the Oshawa Generals.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Gens_Fan_22 wrote:Rported on Columbus site that Jenner has been sent back to the Oshawa Generals.

Good news for us. Wouldn't be our luck that we get Jenner back but lose Laughton Shocked

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Never ever dreamt Laughton would make it! Looks like he has made the opening day line-up. Probably be kept for the 5 games. For us, I hope he doesn't stay: for him, I wish him all the best. Tough loss for the Gens!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next