Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT?????

4 posters

Go down

MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT????? Empty MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT?????

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Just wondering if game is still on tonight????

We live only a 10 min drive from so we could still go????

But eries got a long way to come so im just wondering if the games still on or not????

Back to top Go down

MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT????? Empty Re: MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT?????

Post by steamed Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Well this is what the generals twitter says:

Oshawa Generals ‏@Oshawa_Generals
The game is still on tonight at the GM Centre! Your Oshawa Generals host the Erie Otters. Puck drop is at 7:35pm #GoGensGo

steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT????? Empty Re: MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT?????

Post by Phoenix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm

We may not make it tonight. It will take us FOREVER to dig out our driveway. And the driving & parking downtown is likely going to be awful.

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm

yeah anyone going to the game tonight.....PLEASE DRIVE SAFE and leave lots of time for ur commute...The amount of accidents and stuff is just mind blowing,watching cp24 and its just nuts out there...Snow still comin down hard out there, hoping it stops soon....

GO GENS GO......BE SAFE EVERYONE!!!!!

P.S - Wonder what tonights attendance will be tonight????

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm still not sure if I should go tonight. My street hasn't been plowed yet and it took me 20 minutes to get onto my street and into my driveway. I think I may just have to watch on tv tonight.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 pm

It seems kind of irresponsible to me for the game not to have been postponed. The police are asking that you stay off the roads if at all possible both for your individual safety & so the plows & salters can get their work done. Also, on Trulls Road we have the added delight of snowmobiles zipping up and down.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 pm

yeah im a little shocked there was no cancellation of the game, does seem a little erisponsable of them to carry it on, yes the teams maybe there n ready but what about fans going to the game. Yes they did have a choice of go or stay home.

what are your thoughts???

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm

I obviously agree with you. The roads & streets & sidewalks are not safe for anyone tonight and it's actually risky for those fans who have to drive from anywhere to get there. We will not be going. The weather is bad, the road is bad where we live & it's just not worth the risk. Not happy about wasting our tickets & missing our game, but what can you do? I think the right decision is to stay home tonight.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 am

for those who stayed home, dont worry ya made the right choice.

Back to top Go down

MASSIVE SNOW STORM.....GAME STILL ON TONIGHT????? Empty Erie game

Post by Gens Camper Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:23 pm

The OHL is the 1 to cancel games - As Erie is in Belleville tonight and the fact if teams left early enough all would work out

Also with a little over 4 weeks left to play little time to make up games

Attendence was over 5,200 - But I think this was paid not in the seats - good crowd over 4,000

Too bad only 1 team showed up for work - standings wise - if you didn't know any better you would have thought

Erie was the team higher in the standings

One thing is for sure - Erie has beaten us twice this year - wait until next year - and the year after

McDavid is as good or better than Tavares and has less talented players to work with

He is huge - maybe a Lindros type - treat to watch

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:49 pm

I made it to the game last night and there were quite a few others who did. I was suprised at the attendance. Some of my friends had the benefit of being able to walk, but we just took it slowly and got there without a problem. Too bad the team played so poorly and we couldn't see a win!!

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down