Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Night Tonight

5 posters

Go down

Big Night Tonight Empty Big Night Tonight

Post by LX Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 am

Tonight is possibly the biggest game of the year. Still a very long shot, but first place is possible.

With that said, finishing third is pretty good with all things considered. Lessio out for over 3 months, Laughton out (10 game suspension, and a few weeks in the NHL), Jenner (gone a month for world JR's, and the camp call up), Petgrave (2 months broken arm), and all the other injuries the team has had.

On the up side to the injuries there were some positives. The extra ice time for some players really helped their game. I.e. Cassels He really picked his game up.

I'm also impressed with the last few weeks. 7 game win streak, I thought the team might have packed it in knowing they were stuck in 3rd, but they didn't. Some bad periods for sure, bu they pulled out the W.

Lets hope the hard play continues in a week for the playoffs.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Big Night Tonight Empty Re: Big Night Tonight

Post by steamed Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

No tonight game is not that big of game, starting March 22nd those games are big,lets just play a good game and if we win great but if we lose oh well,the Bulls are still in control of were they finish.on a personal note I would like to finish 3rd
go gens go
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Being such a long shot I almost feel its might be better to lose.

2 reasons.

We've had the bulls number this year and it might be humbling to lose to them. If we meet them in the playoffs we might realize how serious we need to take them. That said it works both ways and it lets the Bulls know they can beat us.

How long before a winning streak turns sour. It might be good to realize wins aren't free. We have had a great work ethic lately, but teams often get lazy as the wins pile up in my opinion.

At the end of the day though if the coach keeps the Gens heads on straight I think we can go far regardless.

No one get Cocky and we should be alright.

That being said I would love 1st place!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Come on guys.. it's not better to lose tonight and I don't want them to finish 3rd I want them to finish 1st. It's a long shot to win the division but the boys are doing what they can at the time of year where their play is going to start to matter. I want the Bulls feeling like they can't beat us and a good butt whipping tonight would be great. I don't want Belleville to clinch the division with a win or a point tonight. Not against us.. if they do it Friday night fine but I don't want the clincher to be against Oshawa. From what I've been reading about Belleville's play as of late it hasn't been pretty but they have managed to get a point here and there. That's not a good way to be playing hockey at playoff time. Should be a beauty tonight.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

GO Gens GO

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Looks like 3rd place and I'm happy Very Happy with that,you can say what you want but I don't want to meet the Pete's because they are going to make the playoffs and I don't want any part of a team that is on a roll, let the bulls deal with it. The Generals will be ready for a long playoff run.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

the bulls have had problems with petes this year and i hope the petes take them out n the playofss i'd laughed if h happened.

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:01 am

#1gensfan38 wrote:the bulls have had problems with petes this year and i hope the petes take them out n the playofss i'd laughed if h happened.

And thats exaclty why I wanted to finish 3rd.I really think the Gen's can win the East.
Hope for a long playoff run it's been awhile Very Happy
Go Gen's Go
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Tough way to lose yesterday and I fully understand the frustration of the players late in the game knowing that they no longer had a chance to win the division. Danny didn't have his best night but I'm not blaming him at all. Would have been a different game if Lessio had scored on the breakaway. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the guys had a night off tomorrow including Altshuller. Looking forward to the playoffs!
GO GENS GO!

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down