Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important weekend

3 posters

Go down

Important weekend Empty Important weekend

Post by mcintyre Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

I think this weekend will really tell the tale on what we can expect from our team. Our 2-0 start has come back to earth at 2-2. I would think that if we could come away with 3 out 6 points it would be a successful weekend.

This years success will all be about playing very well defensively and keeping the GA down to 2 or less!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Important weekend Empty Every weekend is important

Post by Gens Camper Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 pm

This is truly a rebuilding team that will need to rely on hard work , GREAT goaltending and not to stray from the coaches plan

Whether it's this weekend or next with back to back with Barrie then Saginaw then London.

The difference is that some weekends the possibility of picking up points are more probable than others, and playing the BULLS will be a challenge

As fans what WE care about most is hard work and discipline and for 2 periods we had that.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Important weekend Empty Re: Important weekend

Post by mcintyre Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am

Well a 6 point weekend surpasses my expectations. Dont take penalties against the GENS...their PP will make you pay! The boys are rolling...

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:43 am

Same here, my expectations were surpassed as well. After the 2-0 start, the 2 losses had me thinking, this is more like how I thought the season would go. Great to see that get turned around into a current 3 game winning streak.

So many positives to celebrate about their 5-2 record:

- The Gens have 2 guys at or near the top for league scoring, soon to be 3
- They have a PP operating at around 40%
- They are 3-0 in 1 goal games (beating Windsor 4-3, Sarnia 5-4 and Belleville 3-2)
- They are 2-0 against their own division/conference (wins over Peterborough, Belleville)
- During their current 3 game winning streak, they've scored 14 goals and have only allowed 4
- 7 games in, they have the 2nd best goals against in the entire Eastern Conference

cheers

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Gens could have another great weekend on their hands. With last night's 2-1 win in Barrie, the win streak goes to 4, our conference record goes to 3-0 and our record in 1 goal games goes to 4-0. All terrific stuff! Very Happy 

cheers for a commitment to team defence. Could sure get used to the GA during the 4 game winning streak, giving up 1, 2, 1 and 1 GA!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down