Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gens are Buyers

+3
kenner60981
Macker88
Gens Camper
7 posters

Go down

The Gens are Buyers Empty The Gens are Buyers

Post by Gens Camper Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Our G M states IF the right players are available we have an import and an O A spot open

Players on the bubble - Bradley Latour am I the only 1 who thinks he is not improved since last year

On the bubble also could be Matt Hore and Justice Dundas

Players I would like to see us target - Hartman or Van Stralen or Carter Sandlak 

Artus - also came back to Owen Sound in January not sure what year - maybe he comes

I don't think anything will happen until after the weeekend

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

The Gens are Buyers Empty Re: The Gens are Buyers

Post by Macker88 Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 pm

I think it's hard to say Latour hasn't improved, I mean he's already surpassed last years point totals by 7 in just half the games. He's on pace for 60-65 points, 20-25 goals. For an average 95 born player those are pretty solid numbers. He's probably not a top 6 guy on a true memorial cup contender. But with that being said if him and Hunter Smith are our 3rd line wingers going into the playoffs I'm a happy camper. Hard to argue with a guy on pace for 60 points on your 3rd line and a guy on pace for 50 points on your 3rd line (Smith).

I like the idea of Sandlak or Van Stralen, they're pretty similar players, I'd say Van Stralen is the better of the two though. Hartman would be the big name I'd personally target, if that's the route our GM is going. Hartman is a 1st round pick of the Chicago Blackhawks. He's extremely versatile, plays PK, PP, great on faceoffs, can play wing, plays physical, can score or grind it out, agitates other teams. He'd be an amazing addition. If are only additions where Hartman and Curcuruto from Plymouth I think they easily make Oshawa a team who can legitimately contend with the top western teams.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Macker what about a guy like Barclay Goodrow..Any chance the Battalion part with him

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Unless he asks for a trade I doubt it. He'd be a good fit, he's a good all around hockey player, sound defensively and continues to improve his offensive game. I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the AHL next season.

North Bay is in a playoff position an with them only 6 points back of Barrie in the Central Division they could make a run at the division. Especially now that they're healthy and have got rid of a few problem players.

I did hear for brief time that Goodrow was unhappy in North Bay so it's not a complete no chance. But very unlikely at this point

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 am

I was watching the barrie game on TV saturday and the announcers says that the Gen's are going after a dman & Forword.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Well Generals traded Sterk for a 4th round pick, but since he hit the 40 point mark it turns into a 3rd round pick.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Ouch! No second or third this year. Ouch!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Steamed, I'm not trying to discredit you here, but where did you find this info ? I know the picks the Generals traded in the original deal where Ottawa's 4th in '14 & Windsors 6th in '15. I was told if the condition was achieved the pick would indeed be a 3rd but the following year.
Hopefully what I heard is the case, this years OHL draft is pretty deep, 3rd round picks this year could be very very useful.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Macker88 wrote:Steamed, I'm not trying to discredit you here, but where did you find this info ? I know the picks the Generals traded in the original deal where Ottawa's 4th in '14 & Windsors 6th in '15. I was told if the condition was achieved the pick would indeed be a 3rd but the following year.
Hopefully what I heard is the case, this years OHL draft is pretty deep, 3rd round picks this year could be very very useful.

From my inside conection  Cool
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm

According to 'In the Radio...' we retained Ottawa's 4th and lost our 3rd this year. Kitchener's shows they have our third on the same site.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:51 pm

On the HF Boards a poster has suggested Vande Sompel, Manchurek and Harding(in the summer) plus 2 2nds and two 3rds for Koekkoek, Giftopoulous and Vail. What thinkest thou? (Only a proposal!)

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:26 pm

This is not really a Gens trade but it could be someone that the Gens are interested in.London has waived import D, T. Bender, so my guess is London going after Faksa (rangers)The Faksa is my opinion as I don't think Matta is coming back from Pittsburgh.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:44 pm

jaycro wrote:On the HF Boards a poster has suggested Vande Sompel, Manchurek and Harding(in the summer) plus 2 2nds and two 3rds for Koekkoek, Giftopoulous and Vail. What thinkest thou? (Only a proposal!)

Well I don't see it happening but you never know. If the gens are going for it  this is the trade that may do it, but that's a lot to give up 3 young players & 2nds which would be 2016 & 2017 & 2 3rd's that would be in 2015 and 2016 or 2017 I be surprised  Shocked
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Moi too! That trade would leave the Gens barren for the next 4 years.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Well the Gen's may not be barren as Koekkoek and Vail are OA next season and if they do come back as OA's you trade them as this is were you get your draft pick's back but I would think Windsor would want future considerations also so I don't think the deal would really work, may be if they throw in Ty Bilcke Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 pm

That deal with Windsor would definitely be exactly what we need in all honesty. We get are elite defense-men, a top 6 scorer and a depth forward that can play in numerous situations. I think Manchurek and either Vande Sompel or Harding plus the picks not both. If they insist on another player, maybe try an throw in Robertson or McDade or the rights to an NCAA committed player, as Windsor does have a knack for getting former Commits to come play in the O. Giving up both our top 97 born players in this deal would really hurt us going forward. Especially without a 2nd and 3rd in the coming draft.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

However I think the less is more approach might be best for the Generals, for this year as well as next. We have a great chance this season an I agree we should go for it, but we also will have a solid base returning next year an should be some what frugal in trading youngsters and prospects.

My approach would be look for one top gun, if we look to Windsor Koekkoek or Vail. Then look to Mississauga or Ottawa or Sarnia for depth guys an OA or import. I think our more dire need is on D an I think there are less high class D-Men available so I'd likely go hard for Koekkoek, an then look up front at a Latta, Van Stralen, Blandisi or Smoskowitz, as well as depth guys like Josh Chapman & Brendan Bell.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 pm

here is another post that I found from an different site:

The biggest rumour floating around the Nation’s Capital is surrounding overaged left winger Ryan Van Stralen and the potential interest from a divisional rival.

The Oshawa Generals are in need of a big power forward and have one OA spot available, and they have been rumoured to have put in an offer for the Prescott native.

The deal, if it goes through, would most likely include second-year Gens forward Owen McDade, who played his minor midget hockey in Ottawa, along with draft selections.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Macker88 wrote:rights to an NCAA committed player, as Windsor does have a knack for getting former Commits to come play in the O.

I don't think Windsor wants to go that route again, they got busted buy Mr. Branch  Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 pm

the windsor deal doesn't sound realistic for either team , the ottawa deal for Van Stralen , makes more sense , deosnt our gm have any pull in peterborough , seymour would be great and wouldn't have to give up the farm ! we need two overages , need to improve on hughes to make a real run !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:29 pm

I like the Van Stralen deal as it's realistic considering what we have to give in the way of draft choice... maybe McDade, a third and a sixth or seventh?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Although I have only been a STH since the 01-02 season, I may not be a veteran like some of you on this board. This franchise has won 6 playoff rounds in this time That folks is brutal. It's time to make a bold move. I would make this deal in a heart beat. I don't. Care that this team might be good next year or the year after. I'm pretty sure Erie will be strong next year Last year we trade a nice young dman for a plug. And yes that's all dundas is. He is gonna cost this team at some point. Not sure what twohey sees in him. Mr Jeff twohey it's time to shit or get off the pot. And for those of you that say Oshawa needs two overagers. Keep dreaming this management team is not gonna let Hughes go. Faksa would also be a nice addition. But at minimum Oshawa needs a top forward and a quality dman, a second forward would be ideal. But I'm pretty sure our GM is afraid to make a few bold moves. Hopefully I'm wrong and he shocks the hell out of us.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down