Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year.

+7
GENNY
drifter
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gogensgo
Hayes#21
gensman
Generalizations
11 posters

Go down

Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year. Empty Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year.

Post by Generalizations Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Well.. not much I can say positive about this game so far scratch

....but some highlights for the year are the play of Christian Thomas and Jeff Hayes cheers

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year. Empty Re: Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year.

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 pm

7 goals in the second of which 6 were even strength and all to the dreaded Petes??? Wut up wit dat? I guess the pride and character of this rivalry has gone out the window too! Sad

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year. Empty Re: Generals @ Peterborough, Last game of the year.

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 pm

OK...if that announcer called it once...he called it at least 10 times in this game. Jimmy Macdonald??????? Do they not have a game sheet with the kids names on it? Once, or twice....but really....

That was a poor finish to the year, but sums it up, and I feel bad for the bus load that had to watch these last two games. I had a hard time watching it. But I watched it until the bitter end. We had no jump in the 2nd or 3rd. And the goalies had no help tonight. How many two on ones were given up by our defense tonight. I counted at least 7.

Here's hoping we get it together for next year.
PLAYOFFS AND NOTHING LESS

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 am

Yet another humiliation and a demonstration of a lack of ability to stop the bleeding when things get tough. 7 goals against in 1 period. No ability to manage a game once it starts by the coaching staff.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:14 am

This one really does hurt... seven losses in eights games versus the Petes elephant

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 am

Lucky it was not in the soo , hell of a long ride home

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 am

Lol! Amen brother! Maybe a few of them did head up north to moose country? lol!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 am

well they played like disneys "bambi on ice"

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Well! It was hard to swallow. But I guess the best we can do is put this season behind us. I was on the trip and was cheering on the the lads as were 34 other people. We went around to say go bye to all the players as well. Lets hope for better year next year. Thanks for a great season boys. Better luck next year.

Drifter
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Are there better fans in hockey than here at the 'Shaw? I don't think so! king

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 pm

I gotta hand it to ya gensman. That is the nicest thing I have read on this board. I feel the same way as Drifter. Thanks for a great season boys. See you all at the barbecue. cheers

Last edited by GENNY on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh what bbq there Gennie
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm

The blast off barbecue of course.
GENNY
GENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 pm

"Great season," he says.

As long as the beer is cold and the music is loud, Genny seems to be happy. It's a wonderful outlook because you can never be disappointed.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Gens Fan 112, first off if you knew Genny, you would understand he's been around either as long as me of just a little less than me and diehards have seen a lot worse than this season.

Example the year the Generals won 5 games now that is a bad year ,but the fans still were there through thick and thin.

So this was an up and down season, but you still got to see entertainment everytime you went to a game regardless if we won or lost. Sure it would be nice to have made the playoffs you think the lads didn't want to be there your wrong.

The final game I can honestly say the lads still kept trying, but the breaks just weren't happening. I don't respect any team who when they know, they have a team down and out on the last game of the season keeps putting out there # 1 line, to keep scoring . Just remember what goes around comes around and for the petes maybe sooner, than later enjoy your two games at home!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:15 am

UGENS wrote:Gens Fan 112, first off if you knew Genny, you would understand he's been around either as long as me of just a little less than me and diehards have seen a lot worse than this season.

Example the year the Generals won 5 games now that is a bad year ,but the fans still were there through thick and thin.

So this was an up and down season, but you still got to see entertainment everytime you went to a game regardless if we won or lost. Sure it would be nice to have made the playoffs you think the lads didn't want to be there your wrong.

The final game I can honestly say the lads still kept trying, but the breaks just weren't happening. I don't respect any team who when they know, they have a team down and out on the last game of the season keeps putting out there # 1 line, to keep scoring . Just remember what goes around comes around and for the petes maybe sooner, than later enjoy your two games at home!!!

UGENS(Karon)

I hear you UGENS in your statment but I think the Gen's would of done the same thing in running up the score,
but like you said what goes around comes around . Have yourself a great summer,and even though I didn't go on a road trip with you a big thank you for all the work that you put in to it, and allowing Gen's fan's to enjoy road games even some I'm sure was hard to watch,but there were some freindships that came out of it.
Let's go you GENNIES ......
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Just remember us not playing Barrie means we won't get slaughtered like the wolves will be.

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 am

goalie gal wrote:Just remember us not playing Barrie means we won't get slaughtered like the wolves will be.

I rather get slaughtered being in the playoffs than cleaning out your locker going back home.
It was about making the playoffs for the young players ,We had no hope beating anyone in the playoffs, but it would be a learning for the up coming years for the young players.I'd rather be in Sudbury's position than ours.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Somebody will be wearing 'Cinderella's' shoes this year!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 pm

UGENS wrote:Gens Fan 112, first off if you knew Genny, you would understand he's been around either as long as me of just a little less than me and diehards have seen a lot worse than this season.

UGENS(Karon)

Don't get me wrong. I COMPLETELY get all that. I think it's a great attitude to have. It's really all you can do when you are emotionally "invested" in something you have no control over......just sit back and enjoy the ride. There are 19 other fan-bases out there that want to win the OHL title, but only 1 trophy. You can't get too bothered by seasons like this. Sure, it sucks that they didn't make the playoffs etc. but you have to take from it what you intended to in the first place. For me it's seeing some hockey and spending time with my son, the way my dad and I did when I was his age...............barring the unforeseen, I'm back. I was hooked at the age of 7 and I've been a fan ever since. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I noticed that Genny had the "rally flag" going the last home game vs. Peterborough.........My son and I joined in by turning our stuff backwards too..............
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:59 pm

If I didn't know better I'd say UGENS is sticking up for me. That's so sweet. I love you
GENNY
GENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down