Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not the Players

3 posters

Go down

It's not the Players Empty It's not the Players

Post by ogf Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 pm

I am me, and I really don't care what anyone that posts on this board thinks. I have to say, that the peformance of the Gens this year was garbage. The players on this team were not the Memorial Cup type, but they were not the 'out of the playoff types' either. This years team should have and would have made the playoffs with a coach/management system that had any clue in place. Dips came in as a defence coach and failed; he was promoted as a head coach and it was even worse. Beats can talk cycles all he wants. In his words, it is a 3 or 4 cycle, well, when you look at the ice, they are 5 years away. Dips has not had any systems since he arrived; defence; offence; penalty kill; power play. At this point, I would be surprised if Dips could even tell us what a system is. I am very pissed off that we as fans are treated like crap. This is not the NHL where the Leafs may be better next year. Dips is not a coach at this level, never has been. Hopefully this experience can help him in his future. The Gens need people to develop the players future. Until that happens....well...............

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

It's not the Players Empty Re: It's not the Players

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

My sentiments exactly. Except even if it was ALL about the player's it is central the job of the coach to develop, improve, and protect them from embarrassment. These consistent implosions, blowouts, and negative trends are more than worrisome. Now confidence and self esteem becomes almost a greater issue. Something needs to be done asap.

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

It's not the Players Empty It is not the players

Post by Peter_Puck Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 am

I agree totally with ogf. You think the rest of the league is not thinking what the heck happened in Oshawa. Systems have some form of structure there was no formations, or patterns to offense or defense. Well one, give the puck to Thomas. Very Happy
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

It's not the Players Empty Re: It's not the Players

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down